Once again I say goodbye

by mouthy 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

Mouthy, Grace,,you are such a strong gal,,an "unsinkable Molly Brown," a "Rosa Parks," like all those strong ladies that stand up for what is right. You've gone so strong, not afraid. Not many in your age bracket even go on the computer, let alone still going on some peacful protests. I don't like to hear you leave but I understand.

I, too, though younger than you, like mostly just peaceful, supportive, comforting conversations. We need that at this age of 60 yrs olds +. I, too, get heavy in heart when bickering arguments develop on some threads here. I have tried to understand some of it but I have decided not to go on those threads of arguing, personal criticizings and bickerings. Threads on direct issues of the WTS and some new ones I go on and ones that have new items and up-to-date issues, some to encourage. I don't take a lot of time and comments a little and briefly.

Please take care of yourself and for sure have your peaceful times.

• steve2
    steve2

Koolaid man, I like that you have many positive things to say about Mouthy. Good on you for your generosity. However, what a shame that you don't leave it there but start making claims about negative trends on this forum. You've often given as good as you've got - making some pretty nasty comments about people. Yep, that's the way it sometimes goes on this kind of forum. It's open and attracts a wide range of people. There is, as you say, a lot of positivity and while somethreads have taken a lurch towards the personal, you yourself have not been reluctant to attack back. It's human nature,that's why I'm hoping that Mouthy can find it in herself - if she so wishes - to not make her departure permanent. She is affectionately regarded - and has earned that status by her often kind approach to discussions.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Enjoy your vacation, Granny... you'll be back...

V665V665

• sizemik
    sizemik

I've just spent quite some time on a facebook thread of some importance to me . . . and a lot of the citizens of this country. The thread attracted over 260 posts in a short time. 90% of people expressed themselves intelligently and gracefully, and added value to the discussion, which has attracted some prominent people.

Then several rednecks pissed all over it, spewing hate and prejudice, sensationally pushed their own barrow, eventually chased people away, and then got banned. There's always some . . . unfortunately, it seems, we just have to live with them in open Forums.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im sorry you're leaving Grace. Thanks for being you, and for the kindness you show others. I hope you come back once youve had some rest and recharged your batteries. You still have so much to give, and most of us here appreciate your warmth, humour, and knowledge. Be well and happy, much love.

• ozziepost
  • still thinking
    still thinking

It makes me sad that you're sad.......

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Ah the granny of the board, Mouthy always had some good, kind, loving and encouraging words. I stopped coming on here for a while for the very reason Mouthy sited.

I remember the days when we would actually have a night where about 30/40 or so of us would pray/send good vibes out to those that were ill and needed encouragement. We'd post our good wishes the time the togetherness would be held.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I post a blank post and no-one noticed me!

Oh well, not to worry, got nothing much to say these days.

Gracey darlin', for us old-timers you are JWD/JWN. Nothing can take away those good memories of a few years back. My take on all this is that the faces change but the message doesn't, the hurt from the Borg is still the same.

The new generation may be a bit different but not all of the past few years was sweetness and light was it?

For Mrs Ozzie and I, we've become so occupied with other things that we're truly over the borg and its evil empire. They're an irrelevance to us. We lost all our children and relatives in the process but so be it, as i remind Mrs Ozzie, we all make choices.

Ours is a life of real freedom and we feel so free! If you need to take a break, my advice is, do it, you'll soon wonder what the fuss was all about! Truly.

Very best regards to you.

Cheers,

Ozzie

• blondie
    blondie

I noticed ozzie...nice you dropped by. Grace, you add the voice of reason and love here. We can all learn from JWN's granny.

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit