Well the dirty piece of trash got off.

by sooner7nc 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

What I said:

IMHO, the prosecution could not prove the first degree murder charge. BUT, there must have been other charges that would cover not alerting anybody that her child was gone and circumstancial evidence of something decaying in her car that was conveniently lost for whatever time period it was, that would put Casey away for a few years.

Aguest's response:

would you still be filled with anger and “zeal” if, say, Ms. Anthony was found “guilty”, executed… and it later turned out that someone else had in fact caused the child’s death? Would your then saying, “Oh, oops, but I was SO SURE she did it!” be sufficient to appease HER death? I am certain you would then call for the death of the true perpetrator, but by then it would be too late, wouldn’t it, and two people have died?

Aguest's review of herself:

I dunno; maybe it’s a flaw in me but I am not only not quick to judge, but will look for reasons not to if doing so IS reasonable.

I think you are very quick to judge. I see it in your posts all the time. I said the first degree murder charge was not proven. I never said "she did it."

• mouthy
    mouthy

they dont know if she was murdered or not ??????If you have tape over your mouth

eyes ?You accidently died?????get off the pot folks....It was my DAUGHTER that was molested AGUEST!!!!
    not my grand daughter.... If you knew MY life you would realize you dont have all the answers.(NOR DO I)
    Does any one remember James Aldridge the 2nd ???? Ex JW brought up by aJW Mother,& a NON JW Father
    Executed !!!!!!!!!!!!! Read HIS life story....Nobody cared about him either. yes i think at that time it
    was because he was BLACK!!!! What is more please dont call me dear Grace because in this topic I "AINT DEAR!!!!!!!

I am really Pissed !!!! I do NOT support the death penalty at all. I too have heard to many sad cases of innocent folks
    being wrongly convicted..... If I am wrong may God Chastise me NOT YOU AGUEST!!!!! And believe me you are NOT MY Servant!!!!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

We may never know the truth about this case. The prosecution could not prove to 12 people that Casey Anthony killed her daughter. That may be the only thing we know for sure.

The Amanda Knox case is big news here in Seattle. I like our judicial system, with all its flaws, over what goes on in a lot of other countries.

And she may be out of jail soon, but I think Casey is going to have trouble finding friends after this. Her party days may be over forever.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I swear man, people get way too emotionally invested in this tabloid crap.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I watched the closing argument by the defense, they had a case there's no doubt about that. I was watching a judge being interviewed on CNN and he brought up a great point. He said that the charges should not have been the highest murder because that charge's requirements could not be met with the given evidence. If she had been charged with manslaughter she'd be rotting in prison soon.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I know Mouthy. I know about the duct tape. Please don't think I disregard these details. What I don't know is why it was there, did it play a role in her death, and who put it there.

I was at the Smithonian Natural History Museum last month and I looked at the bones of a neanderthal from 20,000 years ago--or something like that. The skeleton was incomplete, but this is what they knew. It was a woman who had eaten the liver of a carnivor. This caused her to develop a disease that led her to overproduce vitamin A (I think) She bled to death. That is what they found from ancient bone fragments.

What happened to Caly? If a forensic narrative could be built, it would have made the case stronger. It may have even helped identify the murderer, if she was murdered. I think she probably was murdered, but what else do I know? Twelve people saw the duct tape evidence. They heard all the theories. I tend to think that her father or brother were involved.

I also see a young woman who behaves bizarrely until I understand her past. I've known people to cover up terrible things because they were conditioned to do so at a very young age. Sexual abuse survivors that were so damaged they turned the other way when their own children were abused. I know someone this happened to personally. I was intimately involved. The mother had sketchy memory of her childhood and was obviously an abuse vicitim. When her own daughter reported abuse, the mother went into full denial. She couldn't handle the information and I think simply disassociated from it. When her granddaughter suffered abuse, her daughter moved hell and highwater to bring up charges against the abuser. It was only then that this woman began to comprehend. She and I had a very personal discussion. I watched as the horror descended on her. I watched as understanding dawned. I watched her spit and cry and shake and wish the abuser was burning in hell. (both abusers had died by then). I watched her call her daughter and apologize.

I don't know why this happened this way-but it did. This woman wasn't hateful, she was sick. I think Casey is very, very sick. As such, I don't know what she is hiding and for who. I wish I did. I don't think she is innocent--I'm just not convinced we have enough information. Judge the woman I spoke about if you like, I know she judges herself quite harshly. She won't disagree with you. But people are complex, and this case was complex. I can understand how Casey would act as she did. I wish she hadn't. But cognitive dissonance is not only for religion.

NC

• sabastious
    sabastious

I agree, NewChapter, the psychology here massively complicates things

-Sab

• mouthy
    mouthy

New Chapter you have an pm

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Mouthy, right back at ya dear heart.

• JRK