Well the dirty piece of trash got off.

by sooner7nc 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

It was evident from the start that the evidence was circumstantial. It was so obvious, I soon tired of reading and/or hearing about the trial. I feel badly about Caylee but there is no evidence proving murder and no evidence that Casey murdered her daughter. The jury made the correct verdict.

• undercover
    undercover
    It was evident from the start that the evidence was circumstantial. It was so obvious, I soon tired of reading and/or hearing about the trial. I feel badly about Caylee but there is no evidence proving murder and no evidence that Casey murdered her daughter. The jury made the correct verdict.

Pretty much my sentiments as well.

Personally, I think she's guilty...but the only evidence is circumstantial and if there is any reasonable doubt at all, then the jury has to acquit...and they had resonable doubt so they did the right thing.

Even though I think she's guilty, I wasn't on the jury, I didn't see all the evidence for and against, I didn't hear the arguments...hell, I barely kept up with it other than CNN highlights every few days. Since I wasn't on the jury, my opinion on her guilt/innocence matters not one bit. And I find it somewhat disgusting to hear people lash out against the jury, like they know better. They weren't there, they didn't hear all the evidence. All they heard is what the media wanted us to hear. We can't judge guilt/innocence on what CNN or FOX or MSNBC or even good guy Brian Williams tells us. Only the jury, who spent all 30some days in the court absorbing the testimonies and evidence, has all the information to make an informed decision.

She's a person of poor character, no doubt about it. But she wasn't on trial for being a slut, a party animal or even a bad mother. She was on trial for murder. Not enough evidence to convict. While we may be prejudiced against her for her being a lowlife, we have to praise the jury for being able to look beyond the character (or lack thereof) and focus on "did she do it"; "is there enough evidence to convict".

• sir82
    sir82
    Anybody ever see the Oxbow Incident?

Good call. I think everyone calling for the blood of Casey Anthony should be tied to a chair and forced to watch it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

hmmm, I never saw that. Is this a movie?

NC

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Actually, the media was able to present anything they wanted to. Unlike the prosecution. People who have kept up with this story in the news, may very well have information the jury was not presented with. I was a jury member on a murder trial a couple of years ago, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I went home crying after the first day of deliberation, just from the stress. And this was just a couple of unsavory drug dealers, no children involved.

New Chapter, yes it is a really good movie made in 1943. There is a Wiki page on it, but it's better if you just watch it without knowing too much about it, let it all unfold.

• undercover
    undercover

Another good movie to watch is "12 Angry Men" - also starring Henry Fonda, incidentally.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Henry Fonda witnessed a lynching when he was 14 years old...

Biographers state that this affected him deeply. Perhaps for the rest of his life.

I suspect that horrible experience informed some of the roles he chose to play...

Zid

• Dagney
    Dagney

(heavy sigh)

Sorry you are having computer problems Aguest.

Aguest says:

True, I misstated what you posted, but that truly was an unintended error, not a judgment. I simply included you in my question because you appeared to agree with Grace. I notice, though, that neither of you answered the question. But I am not surprised.

( I love "True...but...") Of course you are not surprised, especially since you don't judge.

What question am I not answering? The ones ones where you misquoted me and knew what I was thinking, then said you made a mistake?

The conduct and behavior is classic, as I said. I can't really care if you ladies can't "see" it.

Another assumption.

Really, I know you have a lot to say. Please, just leave me out of your comments. My posts were clear and concise, and did not deserve your attack.

I have much peace, I hope you find some.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perhaps Anthony has information that will get another person convicted at some point. Who knows? I hope if she does she gets it to the proper authorities.

I think the justice system works. Sometimes it works imperfectly. Sometimes better. I feel sorry for the loss of life, but remain baffled as to why the media looks for a single case to make news for weeks. There are thousands of trials, missing children, killers on the loose, meth labs, gangland shootings that never make the scrolling news at the bottom of the screen.

If the media would use it's considerable power to do good, instead of using it as a white board to promote a particular point of view, they could be an influence for positive in our world. Alas, I doubt we will ever see that happen again.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

A friend of mine posted this John Adams' quote on my wall - I think it apropos:

"It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished. But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and c ondemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, “whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection,” and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that would be the end of security whatsoever."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit