Well the dirty piece of trash got off.

by sooner7nc 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

Watching Sean Hannity right now and I think he says it best, Her behavior, as awful and horrendous as it might be, the lying and partying for a month, still does not prove guilt. The prosecution just didn't have a strong enough case. It is all very sad.

• crapola
    crapola

She got off alright but she will always be known as a baby killer. I personally think she did it. I think she is a sorry piece of scum who needs to have duct tape placed over her nose and mouth, only without the benefit of the chloraform putting her to sleep first. And just as she starts to pass out let her have a quick breath of air and do it again. I guess you all can tell that this has really pissed me off.

• crapola
    crapola

Something else that I can't figure out is the fact that i've seen people put in jail for cruelty to animals, which they should be, but this jerk walks. This "justice system" is really screwed up if you ask me.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The prosecution introduced junk science because it would set a precedent. They thought they had a open and shut case as she was 'obviously' guilty and introducing junk science would legitimize the practice.

Than Anony--I didn't realize this was the motive. Interesting. I wish they had chosen a stronger case---this gave the appearance of the prosecution grasping at straws. That may be a false impression, but it's an impression all the same.

I know about the problems with dna testing. The more we use that science, the more problems we will find--and solve.

Anony--do you know how reliable that type of forensic evidence is? I don't know much about it. I just wonder if it's a good thing that they wish to use it, or if it will be a disaster.

NC

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

wow, I would have been a good candidate for the jury. This is the first I've read of the case.

• Glander
    Glander

So the little baby was killed by the same monster who killed Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman. Why can't they catch that bastard?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The verdict: NOT GUILTY. It is her constitutional right to be tried by a jury of her peers, the evidence weighed by that jury, and a verdict arrived at after jury deliberations, not emotional appeals by tv personalities.

This RIGHT to a FAIR TRIAL is precious. Someday it may be YOUR life on the line, and likely you will be glad to have a justice system that relies only on the EVIDENCE weighed by a jury.

Thank God that 'mob verdicts' are not justice in this land. Nancy Grace is not judge, or a member of the jury. I am not. You are not.

The system is not perfect. But it beats the hell out of kangaroo courts in many lands. The prosecution failed to lay a preponderance of evidence that allowed the jury to find her guilty without substantial doubt. Someday that might be me on trial. Or you.

There were two trials going on here. One in the media. And the REAL ONE, in the courtroom. I wasn't asked to decide this young woman's fate, but I find it imperitive to support the system that appointed twelve honorable members of my society and hers to do so.

Jeff

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I agree AK. We already have too many people falsely convicted. This is especially egregious when long prison terms or the death penalty is involved. I didn't follow the case, but I tuned in for the verdict. I said earlier that I cannot dismiss the fact that not only did the jury make the decision immediately, it was unanimous. Whatever the media has fed us--the jury had no hesitation.

NC

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I think we all might pause and check ourselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JonBen%C3%A9t_Ramsey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JonBen%C3%A9t_Ramsey#Letter_from_District_Attorney:_Ramsey_family_deemed_innocent

" ... To the extent that we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you might have been involved in this crime, I am deeply sorry. No innocent person should have to endure such an extensive trial in the court of public opinion, especially when public officials have not had sufficient evidence to initiate a trial in a court of law. ... We intend in the future to treat you as the victims of this crime, with the sympathy due you because of the horrific loss you suffered. ..."

None of us were on the jury

• Glander
    Glander

Justice was not served. The legal system was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit