Well the dirty piece of trash got off.

by sooner7nc 102 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

our justice system clearly failed -- my opinion and EVIL PREVAILS. how can the innocent children be protected -- oh, that's right, they CAN'T. UNREAL. and those stupid lawyers who protect these losers --- i pray they pay for this. was her attorney court-appointed. if she's not rich he must have been representing her for the publicity.

• watson
    watson

Jello shots anyone??!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I wish I saw such outrage when innocent people are executed or imprisoned for most of their life for lack of representation. We get mad when people do have a defense lawyer--their constitutional right---but look the other way when poor defendents--usually a minority--get poor representation and lose large portions of their life.

I don't know if justice was served. I do know the prosecution did not prove it's case and she only had her constitutionally protected right to council. This wasn't a rock star lawyer. He was competent, but he wasn't a genius. It seems his main objective now is to expose the problems we have with the death penalty. He could have used his moment in the sun to advance his own interests, he chose to use it to advance a cause he believes in.

What is the alternative? Try people in the media? Deny defendants council? Choose a verdict because it feels right?

It's a horribly emotional thing when a child dies. It makes all of us so sad and angry it's hard to know where to direct the angst. The odds were stacked against this defendant. With the prevailing emotion it should have been easy to convict her--if there was a sound case. Those jurors didn't even pause. They were unanimous. How much should we second guess them? The media has maniupulated our righteous emotions, but obviously when the facts were presented without the loaded emotionalism, the didn't hold up.

I hope she truly is not guilty. Yet I would have felt bad if she was convicted on a tide of pure emotion---which happens all too often. We want revenge, but at what cost?

NC

• LV101
    LV101

New Chapter --- you are right about the poor, unfortunate, minority and they should be represented by the best and it's wrong that they aren't. Sometimes the prosecutors aren't the smartest out there. With the justice system the way it is --- the penalty is scary.

• LV101
    LV101

ooops --- meant to say the DEATH PENALTY is scary.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

The reaction to the verdict in this case is quite curious… and folks who have a problem with the verdict are missing a HUGE truth: Casey Anthony exhibited CLASSIC signs of having been sexually abused, as to ALL of her conduct and behavior. From lying, acting out, partying, telling inconsistent stories, even getting a “Lolita” tattoo. Such a tattoo is a statement: that someone OLDER considered her “sexually attractive”… and called her that (“Lolita”) from the time she was a young girl. Perhaps very young. It was her way of telling the truth, without exposing who that person was.

Her relationship with her mother is another example: girls whose molestation is known… but DENIED… by the mother, tend to have a love/hate relationship with that mother. They hate/blame the mother for not protecting them/allowing it to happen, but pity them as the weak women they are and love them, in spite of it, as “mother.” Virtually every interaction between Casey and Cindy Anthony showed this love/hate dichotomy.

What about her habitual lying? Dear ones, children who are molested… and from an early age… LEARN to lie. Sooner, almost, than they learn to do anything else. It become a part of them because they HAVE to… in order to protect someone else. Usually mom. Sometimes another sibling.

But eventually, such children tell the TRUTH: that they’ve been molested. Here, the defense accused George (the father), but the true culprit is probably the brother, if not the Dad. They either named the Dad because they knew it wouldn’t stick, or because while Casey intimated that she had been molested, she would not say, specifically, by whom. But why not just accuse the brother? Again… to protect MOM.

Another thing that folks tend to have overlooked, however, is that, in those weird internet searches, "someone" also looked up… “self-defense.” Now, why would the mother of a 2-year-old need to know about self defense… against a 2-year-old? She wouldn’t. She would, however, if someone bigger, perhaps older… was some kind of threat. To her… and perhaps even her 2-year-old child.

THEORY: Casey wasn’t looking for info to kill Caylee; she was looking for info to stop her (and perhaps Caylee’s) molester. That person was either her father… or her brother. The chloroform was used to “subdue” Caylee… by her [potential] molester (so she wouldn’t CRY while being molested). Perhaps she was given too much, being that she was only a toddler… and succumbed. Or perhaps she accidentially got into it while someone was supposed to be watching her.

But Caylee Anthony was probably molested (or someone attempted to molest her) and possibly killed by/as a result of that molestation/attempt. And her body had to be hidden for some time to protect that person, who was NOT Casey. Mom is protecting that person, too, because she knows it “might” be true (“but I wasn’t there, so how could I know??").

Why blame/be angry at Dad, but not Mom? Because:

1. Dad knew what happened… and when… and either did it… or “helped” the one who did. Either way, he concocted the "story" the family need to cover the matter. He hid the body (to either cover up his crime… or someone else’s)… until it decomposed so much that the cause of death could not be determined and any signs of molestation, including semen, DNA, etc., would have totally deteriorated. As an ex-cop, Dad would know this.

2. Blaming Dad is easier: it’s most likely untrue… and still protects Mom. How? By not exposing who DID do it… or at least, who is primarily responsible.

There’s a truth that folks seem to forget: the police believed Caylee was the brother’s child and even ordered a paternity test. Now, why in the world…? Just out of the blue? No, someone told them something which prompted them to suspect something. And the supposed father (the former fiancé) has been shown NOT to be the father. Er? And everyone who knows them says they’re hugely “dysfunctional.”

Casey Anthony may appear “guilty” based on the scenarios the prosecution created to support their case, and she may not be “innocent” [of something; perhaps also knowing what occurred and agreeing to help “keep it in the family” - which is why she partied during those 31 days: she went along with the family "plan"... but had to "cover" HER remorse so as not to give the family away - which is CLASSIC expectation and conduct among such families]… but she is not Caylee’s killer OR cause of death. She "isn't innocent" because she knew what happened... and didn't give up the plan to the authorities... in order to "protect" Mom, Dad, the family, whatever.

The prosecution had the wrong [wo]man. They might wanna look more closely at Dad, but should certainly look closer at Brother. The truth will never come out until someone in that family undergoes some serious therapy. And that’s not likely to occur… unless or until something similar happens again.

The female lawyers and other pundits in this case who "tried" Casey Anthony, especially Nancy Grace, have disgraced sexually abused girls and women everywhere. Their utter failure to consider the potential underlying dysfunction of this family… in their haste to be “right” (under the guise of speaking out for the misfortune of the child – yeah, right, as if their livelihood didn’t depend on the sensation)… is disgusting and reprehensible. It is the very reason girls don’t speak out: NOT due to their fear of the men molesting them, but the utter rejection and chagrin exhibited by other WOMEN when they try to tell them.

Shame on these women.

Again, peace to you all.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• mouthy
    mouthy

I dont agree with you AGUEST!!! I believe she is guilty.Yes I am judging!!!!
    As for being molested .MILLIONS of folks have been molested,they dont kill.
    As for the person that said "she wont be able to walk saftley anymore"
    What about Homolka?????She changed her name ,moved away, has kids of
    her own.while the guy (Bernardo) she helped kill all the girls, is still in jail.
    I believe the justice system is failing, The Quebec Dr that stabbed his two kids
    to death because his wife had an affair got of to....
    I was aghast that she walked.... But because I believe Satan is ruling the earth.
    why wouldnt the DEvil look after his own????

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Sheesh Mouthy, why the emotional investment in this tabloid case? Not just you Mouthy, but anybody for that matter? Why is this case so important to you?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

This is evidence of Satan ruling the earth? This is just one sensationalized case that has been corrupted by the media. We cannot look at it objectively, but that doesn't matter. It went through the jury process, it's over, if the prosecution had a tight case, they didn't present it, if they didn't, then they should have built one.

What about all the good things that happen? What about all the normal people that help neighbors and strangers. It doesn't make for good reporting, but it's happening all around everyday without fanfare. But we look at sensational cases and conclude that Satan is ruling the earth. I don't know---if you look you will find it I suppose.

This case was horrible, but it has been given disproportionate meaning. I don't mean to invalidate it in any way. Most people I know are decent and helpful and fairly loving. I see evidence of humanism and not so much Satan. If Satan if ruling, perhaps he is getting weaker. A few years ago we enslaved a race. Today that is unacceptable and that idea is slowly spreading throughout the world. It's not a smooth process. There is always push back. But the progress is unstoppable. We will continue to push and not blame Satan, but blame ourselves. Only then can we make the changes needed to improve life earth-wide.

This one case will not make me lose confidence in the entire system nor in humans in general. I'm not even sure the system failed in this case, although it does often fail. We need to look at it and improve it---but that still doesn't mean it failed in this case. It is necessary to weight the system this way. It is necessary to lean toward not guilty--otherwise even more innocent people would be imprisoned. There is no perfect system, we just have to weigh the costs.

NC

• AGuest
    AGuest

I understand how you might not agee with me, dear Grace (the greatest of love and peace to you!). And although I do find it interesting that you didn't respond to/rebut a single thing I posted, I am not concerned that you disagree. I am concerned, however, that molestation of young girls... who later grow up to be "iffy" adults/parents... is... ummmm... "surprising". And that this is the foundation of what occurred here is, well, off limits (based on your "disagreement")? But let me ask you: why would you not even consider that that may have been what occurred here? Because of the "circumstantial evidence"? Dear Grace, the ONLY thing YOU know of such evidence is what you've heard in the media. And of course, they ALWAYS publish the truth, don't they? Cause Lord knows, there's only money in publishing the truth... and sensation has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. Right?

Dear one, we are JUST now crying foul for all of the young boys who are molested... but that's only because (1) we can't "stomach" homosexuality, and (2) the clergy's involvement has been exposed (i.e., they aren't "supposed" to molest little boys!! Girls are understandable, but BOYS!!?). But the TRUTH is that fathers, brothers, uncles, cousins, neighbors, teachers, family friends, clergy, and more have been molesting little girls for millenia. Yet, we've sort of just let that one go, though, haven't we? Heck, I remember a time when it was a girl's/woman's fault she was raped. Still is in some parts of the world. And who condemned her most? Other women. The same as it is with prostitutes and women who strip/pose nude for a living. Because, of course, men can't help themselves. And, as you said, people are molested all the time... and don't kill... which says to ME that your position is that molesting a child is "not as bad". Personally, I think those who molest children are almost as bad as murderers. Because very often the child "dies" in every way EXCEPT bodily.

Either way, though, we have no proof that Casey Anthony killed anyone either, dear one.

Dear RoosterMan... peace to you, as well! My "concern" wasn't really about the case, per se. It is about the adults that some people grow up into as a result of being molested as children. Here, what appears to be conduct that, for some, corroborates murder... is simply conduct that corroborates that Ms. Anthony was molested as a child. "Conduct and behavior" that, for some, has led them to judge and condemn a person for murder. I have to say that I find it funny that dear Grace, who has absolutely NO clue HOW Caylee died... is ready and willing to say she was murdered. Perhaps Casey Anthony was negligent and the child died by accident and, not knowing what to do, Ms. Anthony responded in a wrong manner, even hid the body. Who knows? That, however, does not constitute murder, and certainly not 1st degree murder.

I think, though, if someone could... even bothered... to try and get to the root of the family's dysfunction, they'll find out that Ms. Casey was also a victim her... and for a long, long time. Because there is great sickness in that family.

What bothered me... is "our" judging. You know, we who don't want to BE judged... by what other's THINK we are/of us... but for some reason can't seem to stop doing it ourselves. Particularly, those of "us" who claim to be "christian". "We" are supposed to leave such things to the "superior authorities" of THIS world... and apparently such authorities don't believe she is a murderer. While dear Grace believes this is a manifestation of Satan's "world", that the superior authorities stand in their relatives places by authority of GOD... tells me otherwise. Hopefully, that will be the case for any of "us"... should we ever find ourselves being falsely accused. Of ANYTHING. I think, though, the outcome would be similar to that of the Salem witchhunt days: if we float, we're of the Devil. If we drown... then God has condemned us.

Not everyone accused... is guilty. And not everyone walking around LOOKING "innocent"... is.

I hope this helps and I bid you both peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit