Well the dirty piece of trash got off.

by sooner7nc 102 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

When I was a teenager I learned one of my toughest lessons. Someone stole a lot of money from my purse at work. Coworkers pointed the fnger at a friend. She was acting weird. I had seen her alone with my purse ( I was stupid and didn't secure it). She had needed money. Suddenly she didn't need money. My coworkers absolutely agreed it was her-they all added why they knew this to be true. The case built and became irrefutable. No one saw her take the money, but she was the only possilbe theif. She had motive, opportunity and her behavior afterwards supported my suspicions.

Tensions built until I finally confronted and accused her. She said she didn't do it, but that's exactly what I expected her to say. She tried to reason with er I mean manipulate me.

A while later I was forced to look at the incident objectively I was cut off from the urgent voices of my coworkers. My theory was picked apart. Other scenarios were offered. It became clear that this woman did not steal my money. I lost a freind and felt like crap. But one thing I'm pretty sure of---the actual thief was among the accusing voices.

NC

• mouthy
    mouthy

My daughter was molested wwhen she was `13.....She is Not a bad girl
    Honest ,truthful, loving. dont tar all with a bad brush AGUEST>>>

Yes This has upset me very much.... No one seems to care about the baby.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I agree Grace. xoxoxoxox

IMHO, the prosecution could not prove the first degree murder charge. BUT, there must have been other charges that would cover not alerting anybody that her child was gone and circumstancial evidence of something decaying in her car that was conveniently lost for whatever time period it was, that would put Casey away for a few years.

Whether her behavior was typical or not for an abused person, she willfully covered up the death of her child which was proven. No one cares about the child...only whether poor abused Casey was treated fairly.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear, dear Grace… again, may you have peace! I am not sure how you conclude that “no one” cares about the baby. EVERYONE cares about the baby, including me. My post was not about the baby, however, but about how conduct and behavior that SOME conclude automatically shows someone to be a murderer actually has a valid and simple explanation: they are classic examples of someone who has been molested and from an early age. That your granddaughter has not succumbed to such conduct is actually the exception, dear one, not the rule… possibly because she has you (and/or others) in her life that she KNOWS loves her. Or, has learned to love herself. So, that she was able to move past her traumatic experiences and see that she is not to blame.

Many others, however, don’t have/aren't able to do that. And as a result, they go on to become molesters themselves, criminals, or just “lost” in general. Homeless, mentally ill, etc. This is particularly true for those who literally still live in the same circumstances, or who haven’t moved far and/or completely away from the environment, and who have only those who are abusing them and/or who turn a blind eye in their lives. These act out BECAUSE they want “someone” to notice them, notice that “something is WRONG”… and maybe ASK. Not that they would tell, but the asking at least lets them know that someone cares. Because as far as they can see, NO ONE does.

It is utterly tragic that this baby died. And I have little doubt that Casey Anthony knows how and why. Again, I don’t believe she’s “innocent” in that light. However, she, too, is a victim here and the prosecutors were after the wrong [wo]man.

But I would like to ask you… and dear Dagney (peace to you!): would you still be filled with anger and “zeal” if, say, Ms. Anthony was found “guilty”, executed… and it later turned out that someone else had in fact caused the child’s death? Would your then saying, “Oh, oops, but I was SO SURE she did it!” be sufficient to appease HER death? I am certain you would then call for the death of the true perpetrator, but by then it would be too late, wouldn’t it, and two people have died?

People were SURE… without ANY doubt… that Patsy Ramsey killed JonBenet Ramsey. The media certainly was for decades. Many people are currently on deathrow even now because folks were so SURE of their guilt. Some have done more than 20 years because of MORE than circumstantial evidence: someone literally pointed them out! SAID they SAW them do it! And yet, they didn’t do it.

I dunno; maybe it’s a flaw in me but I am not only not quick to judge, but will look for reasons not to if doing so IS reasonable. And in this case, it most certainly was. Yes, Casey Anthony unreasonably partied, lied to investigators, and more. That doesn’t make her guilty of murder. Guilty of being naïve? Possibly. Of being stupid? Could be. Of covering up something? It does seem so. And so, the jury charged her with that, as they probably should have. But she’s covering up more than just her dear baby’s death. That cover up is merely an extension of other things she’s covering up.

Regardless, though, there are elements that must be PROVEN… by the prosecution… in order for the jury to find someone guilty of murder, and certainly of 1 st degree (premeditated) murder. As well as of manslaughter. Unfortunately, NONE of those elements were proven. And NOT because the prosecution was incompetent in presenting their case; indeed, the court allowed them to bring in every sort of kind of evidence possible, even some that should not have been, based on the rules of evidence (i.e., things that are unfairly prejudicial or likely to make the jury biased – notice, I stated “UNFAIRLY” prejudicial, in that it most likely cannot be corroborated but is just thrown out there speculatively).

Folks forget: the jury is voir dired and chosen by the PROSECUTION as well as by the defense. The prosecution (indeed, many of the public in general) thought this was an “open and shut” case… based on circumstantial evidence. And for all intents and purposes, it looked that way. BUT… they utterly underestimated the JURY (not the defense). They thought they had chosen a group of fairly ignorant folks who were uninformed as to the law and how to implement the jury instructions. No one gave these people credit for having not only COMMON sense… but being able to understand what was REQUIRED in order for them to convict Casey Anthony of murder. But… they apparently DID have such common sense, DID understand the jury instructions and, as a result did their job as it should have been done.

My position was not one of “let’s ignore that a precious child died”, dear Grace (and I did not say “was killed” because the cause of death is unknown, thus no one knows if she WAS killed, or died accidentally). It was one of “Yes, a poor precious child has died… and that they’re trying to pin that tragedy on the wrong person… only adds insult to the injury.”

Two wrongs don’t make a right, dear one. Ever.

Again, I bid you peace. Truly.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who thought SHE “knew the law”, too… until she went to law school. Where she learned that media-driven armchair trials are just that and unless someone is literally in the courtroom, which most of those who are crying “foul” WEREN’T… they really have no grounds on which to pass judgment on… let alone “convict” someone… in their heart OR their mind.

• crapola
    crapola

I know of at least 2 people in my life who were molested as children and neither one of them has committed murder or any other crime. In fact they are both loving parents and good adults. Using molestation as an excuse for something this bad is just totally out of the realm of decency. Maybe they could'nt physically prove that this monster killed her little girl, but she did many things that proved what kind of person she is. Whether she was molested or not really does'nt matter to me at all. That's NEVER an EXCUSE for bad actions.

I know my opinion on this really doesn't make a bit of difference. But someone eventually will pay for what happened to that little girl.

• Violia
    Violia

Aguest

thank you so much for posting what you did. You are so right about sexual abuse and secrets and lies. I am ashamed of myself for not looking further into this before judging her to be the killer. What she did was horrible enough, but they probably are protecting someone in the family. I think it is the brother. I saw him on TV crying about how he had not even been told when the child was born. I thought it seemed very odd.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No one cares about the child...only whether poor abused Casey was treated fairly

I hope no one thinks I don't care about the child. I can care about the child and still care about the system. I can care about the child, but still believe that lynching someone in the media is not a fair trial. I care about the child. Her mother's guilt wasn't proved. It may make us feel better to watch someone, ANYONE executed for that death. It would make us feel much better to have some answers. I don't even know if this child was murdered. I counted on the prosecutor to prove to me that she was and that her mother was responsible---he didn't do that. I care about that baby. I also care about all the chldren that have to live in poverty in the shadow of the richest people in the world. I care that they can't get health care. I care that they can't get education. I care that many children die due to selfish policy. No one bats an eye at that and looks for justice. This one child's death is no less nor any more important to me. I'm not willing to jail someone for the rest of their life for something I strongly suspect but can't prove. That doesn't mean I don't care about the baby.

Do I have to shove aside every value that we have fought for-do I have to shove aside the constitution-do I have to be caught up on a wave of emotion stoked by a viewer hungry media to prove that I care about the child? Did a jury with serious doubts have to convict to prove they cared? They never hesitated. They were unanimous. This is why these things are handled by a sober jury. People that have time to contemplate without outside influences. Emotions are easily maniuplated.

NC

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

With all do respect to our esteemed members who are capable of writing long and eloquent rebuttals of honest people who've watched the partying, lying, etc. of this person and see reasonably that in all likelyhood she bears at least some responsibilty for her daughters' death, I say:

If it quacks like a duck

If it waddles like a duck

If it looks like a duck

And if this duck, at the very least, doesn't keep her child safe, doesn't report her missing for a month, and acts like this person did...

...then it's probably a GodDamn duck!

• Dagney
    Dagney

and dear Dagney (peace to you!): would you still be filled with anger and “zeal”

I don't think there is much peace in the peace that you offer. I am not filled with anger and zeal. I just made a comment about what we do know she did.

You are way off base in your assumptions of what I am/said/feel.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

She partied, she lied, she hid the disappearance of her child. She was used to living a double life and keeping secrets. She's a duck.

I'm just not sure she's a murderer. And neither were the jurors assigned the somber duty of trying to get to the truth.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit