Do you yearn to know what we are, and why we are here, before you die?

by sabastious 84 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

Like JGnat . . . I love the special nature of connections. I know people who connect so well they can converse with their eyes across a crowded room. I love adding to knowlege and pondering possibilities, but allow room for the unknown rather than commit to belief in a guess. If there is an eternity I will hear about it soon enough. Religion is a guessing game. The God I trust in does not play dice.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Herbert W. Armstong was a cultist like Charles T. Russell. He actually borrowed JW, SDA, Mormon, etc. ideas to make his new religion. He was deceived and deceived others. After his death, the Holy Spirit performed a great miracle and led the group into orthodox belief and practice (though some retained sectish control issues, etc.). There are also splinter groups that side with old Armstrong. His writings do not have the answer. Don't jump from the fire into the frying pan, but do some research on the WWCOG.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Herbert W. Armstong was a cultist like Charles T. Russell. He actually borrowed JW, SDA, Mormon, etc. ideas to make his new religion. He was deceived and deceived others.

After that you went cultist yourself, godrulz, asserting fantastic things for which there is absolutely no proof. We have a saying up here in Canada for that. It goes "tout ca change tout c'est la meme chose" (the more things change, the more it's all the same thing). Best just to walk away from all of it and not look back.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Tell me sir 82 how many Zechariah Sitchin books you have read

And what you dont agree with.

• prophecor
    prophecor

That's more than can be said for the WTBTS. No apologies from these individuals. Though the messenger may have been flawed, his message has obtained almost incredible accuracy as it pertains to prophecies regarding the resurgent rise of Germany, the fall of the Berlin Wall, the rise and meteoric fall of the United States, a predicted United States of Europe in the form of the now formed European Union.

This man was 50 years ahead of his time. The reason so many down play the man is because they associate him with being just another nutt job, far from that, though. Any one willing to take the time to do the research may see a different view from the biased window we have to look out of, from having once been JW. We will be forever infected with seeds of doubt and suspicion because of our own troubled past. The truth of the Bible can not be ignored. We believed we had the truth as well. The truth is out there. Some one has to have it. It's our responsibility to ourselves to never give up on the quest for scriptural truth.

• dgp
    dgp

Prophecor:

The truth of the Bible can not be ignored.

The truth is out there. Some one has to have it

It's our responsibility to ourselves to never give up on the quest for scriptural truth.

I beg to disagree by pointing out that we have a responsibility to find "the truth", without adjectives. Why would truth necessarily be scriptural? Why should we assume the Bible is true?

We have no basis to state that someone has the truth. We need to start off by saying no one has it, and then, through a process of elimination, move towards the truth.

My opinions only.

Nickolas, I think that's a famous quote from "Il Gattopardo", by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa. At least it is so among us. Nice to see you have it in Canada too.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Actually, Herb had failed prophecies and false views, including British Israelism. Do not defend a false teacher/prophet (he was right about somethings, but wrong about many other things, including salvation, doctrine of God, etc.).

• Robdar
    Robdar

I've alaready discovered what my purpose is: to enjoy my life. Thank goodness that is something I can do quite well.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I am me. Life is a journey to experience, not a puzzle to be solved. There are no "right" answers to those questions, at least not that apply to everyone.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

If we could ever work out why we are here and who we are, it would end all of the foolishness that people engage in on this planet. It is a worthwhile goal, but I think we will all die of frustration, never knowing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit