Do you yearn to know what we are, and why we are here, before you die?

by sabastious 84 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    We can do 'good' things, but it won't save us.

Of course not. That's why you're here.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I am an ambassador for Christ, a messenger of the gospel, not the Messiah. Like John the Baptist, we point to Jesus, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. We are witnesses of Jesus (Acts 1:8), not one of JWs (this works because Jesus is Jehovah and the only name given by which we must be saved...Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12; Phil. 2:5-11; Jn. 3:16, etc. would not be true if Jesus was a created Michael angel).

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

yawn.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Are you suggesting, godrulz, that all of creation went "bad" with the fall of man? Do sparrows or lilies worry about whether they are "saved"?

Is our intelligence somehow damaged, useless, with the fall?

Or rather, is God so much more than we can imagine, and his creation, even in our fallen state, is a reflection of the divine?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ambassadors are usually more discreet, sensitive to the cultures they are posted in.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Creation groans and is not the way it was originally intended in paradise. Have you heard of long in claw, red in tooth? Plants and animals are animate creation governed by the law of instinct. Man is moral creation governed by love with a spirit that lives forever in heaven or hell (animals have souls and do not live forever). Inanimate creation is governed by the law of cause and effect.

The noetic effects of sin are such that our minds are dulled because of the Fall. It is not useless, but not what it once was. The image of God is defaced/marred, not erased. We still have value (sanctity of life, etc.) because we are in His image. I am not denying these things, but it is a denial of reality to minimize God's holiness and maximize man's goodness. This is New Age, Mormon, etc., not biblical Christianity. If you claim to be a Christian, then represent the historical, biblical, orthodox version, not a compromised, syncretistic, liberal version (Jude 3).

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

godrulz is just about to break the BS record. and that's something given that people like OBVES and Larsinger post on this board.

• talesin
    talesin

I know what I am,,, a human on gaia, a part of the microcosim that is this planet. My purpose is to grow and nurture myself so that i can positively affect the cosmic flow ...

t

• alias
    alias

Do you yearn to know what we are, and why we are here, before you die?

Yeah.

alias

• oompa
    oompa

who doesnt love a good mystery???????????????....................sometimes surprise endings are the best part.......................oompa

bring it on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit