Do you yearn to know what we are, and why we are here, before you die?

by sabastious 84 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't buy the dulled mind theory.

• designs
    designs

Gaia's Theory fo the Biota

Namaste

• godrulz
    godrulz

Noetic effects of sin, fact, not theory. The Bible does describe our understanding becoming darkened, especially to spiritual things. We are still brilliant creatures, but not what we would be if sin had not tainted our whole being and the human race. God has given us insight on this. Since you don't know how perfect original creation was, you are relying on speculation and I am relying on revelation. Again, the image of God is defaced, not erased (we are not as depraved as we could be, but sickness, etc. affects us). Genetic problems can also lead to retardation. This was not the original intention for man nor pre-fall reality.

• designs
    designs

'We are not brilliant creatures' we had you figured out pretty quickly

• godrulz
    godrulz

We can put a man on the moon, but cannot seem to keep a car or cellphone working perfectly for long.

• designs
    designs

Go to Radio Shack, they'll fix your multiple problems

• jgnat
    jgnat

Noetic effects

Sheesh. Don’t you get tired of mashed-up words? If I were to take a guess I take it you mean that mankind is a shadow of its former self since Noah’s time. Taking another leap, I’m going to assume that you take bible accounts as fact. Are you basing your numbed brain theory on Genesis 6:3?

The Witnesses equate sin with imperfection, and point to disease as signs of imperfection. Yours is almost the same, equating the effects of sin to a diminished sensibility.

OF COURSE our perception of G-d is limited, but I maintain it is not from diminished native ability. It is simply from G-d being bigger.

…you are relying on speculation and I am relying on revelation…

How insulting. HOW DO YOU KNOW I have not received my insight by revelation? You are bookish and insensible to others. How can that be by divine revelation?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Can I not just live my life, get the most out of it, be a good person and not have religious people jump down my throat about the way they think I should live?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

godrulz, you saying "we can put a man on the moon but we can't..." reminds me of a Brian Regan stand up special.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"we can put a man on the moon but we can't..."

pssst. I'll tell you the secret. It's called redundancy. Nature has it. And in foolproof systems, we have it too. Double and triple redundancy. Buy three cars and two spare drivers and you'll never have to worry about it breaking down again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit