Do you yearn to know what we are, and why we are here, before you die?

by sabastious 84 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Lets face it, we don't know what humans are. Science is doing a good job at uncovering many facts about us, but even science cannot explain consciousness yet. Conciousness is still a strong mystery to us. Is it important for you that, before you die, that we understand why we are here unequivocally? What do you think about people who do feel it's important to know?

-Sab

• godrulz
    godrulz

What could be more important than issues relating to life and eternity. The Bible gives us all we need to know about life, God, life after death, salvation, etc. JWs are not wrong to look to the Bible for answers, but they are wrong to mistranslate and misinterpret it and add the nonsensical rules of man to God's truth.

Death seals our destiny, so don't allow a negative experience with a cult to keep one from God/truth in His Word.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What could be more important than issues relating to life and eternity.

It depends on the nature of that eternity does it not?

-Sab

• darthfader
    darthfader

Seems a little pointless that we are alive for <120 years -- which is a blip on the radar in geologic timescales yet alone the vast cosmos.

And no, the bible does not teach us all we need to know... There is much more to life than following the ancient writings of nomadic Hebrew tribes...

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Bible does not teach us calculus, but it does teach us the minimum we need for abundant and eternal life.

If there is no life after death, eat, drink, be merry for tomorrow we die like dogs.

If there is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun, our purpose is to know, love, glorify God and bring as many people to Him as possible in love. There will be no U-hauls behind hearses.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

We die like EVERYTHING else in the Universe. I like knowledge myself and I try to read on topics that interest me, but I also love living my life since it is the only one that I know of.

Sure I would like to know who we are and our purpose, but nobody knows. No human being is born with an "ability" to know about this invisible "realm". Not the guys who wrote the Bible or every other man that wrote about their beliefs.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

No.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I have been obsessed with knowing what we are and why we are here before I die.

I have taken a job for the past 7 years that allows me to read 5 out of 8 hours a night trying to find

the answers.

I may have found the answer but I dont know.

There is the biblical explanation.

The ahteist explanation.

The Budhist, Hindu explanations.

The various new age explanations.

At this time the argument that has the most evidence to support it that I have found

is the Zechariah Sitchin the 12th Planet and Earth Chronicle series of books.

He goes back to the Sumerian text which are the begining of recorded history and which were used in the old

Testament of the bible.

We were put here by spacemen to be their slaves.

These are some of my observations or conclusions:

If we made love not war we could probalby live forever in paradise.

But we cant or wont.

With all the money man has spent on war thru out history, if we spent it on love and paradise

we could go down to corner and buy a new heart, kidney or liver for 50 cents when we needed it.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Crap. Internet crashed. I was saying that, yes, I want to know all that stuff. That sounds fun.

• sir82
    sir82
    At this time the argument that has the most evidence to support it that I have found
    is the Zechariah Sitchin the 12th Planet and Earth Chronicle series of books.

The most evidence?

Well, I just pray that (A) I'm never on trial for my life and (B) you're not on my jury!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit