July 15th WT- Don't Research " False Stories " - Inspired by Satan !

by flipper 85 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Oops ! must have hit submit twice, sorry.

• flipper
    flipper

WOBBLE- Good point. You would think that JW's would need to research information to find out if it's " from Satan " - true. However the WT society plainly tells all JW's that ANY research they do on the Internet is " valueless " when it comes to researching Bible subjects. They tell Witnesses it either comes from " Satan " or " false religion " or " independent thinking ". It reminds me of the September 2007 Kingdom Ministry in the question box where the WT society came right out and said to Witnesses that " our WT society publications are sufficient for you to do research in to answer your questions, you don't need to research other books outside the organization or the Internet. " If that's not " information control " I don't know what is ! Crazy stuff.

PUNK OF NICE- That is interesting that the congregation's comments at that WT study where the man attended were supportive towards those who " have doubts, questions, or simply don't want to go to meetings anymore. " I guess it depends on the congregation and how hardline the local elders stance is against Witnesses who have " doubts " or " questions " and stop attending. I've known some pretty hardline elders who virtually DF or get a JC together on somebody just for expressing differences of opinion or doubts.

For example : In 2007 when I won my JC appeal of my DFing and it was overturned - when the elders tried encouraging me to start back attending meetings where I lived - I told them I had doubts due to hearing about the 16 out of court child abuse cases settled by the WT society in California. Immediately one of the elders asked me , " Where did you hear about the child abuse settlements ? Have you been reading apostate literature ?? " I said, " No. I read it in the Associated News release in the newspapers ! It was in several different newspapers. " Then the elder backed off. Point I'm making is the elders will ALWAYS ASSUME that if you are talking about anything negative regarding the WT society - they feel you are getting your sources from an apostate information source. So you are guilty first ; then have to prove your innocence. It's really ridiculous. Believe me, I've been through the fire - I know. I've sat there staring elders down, many times. After years of going through this $hit- none of them intimidate me anymore. Most of em are bat $hit crazy

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Based on the comments at my hall, I'm going to have to be very careful about expressing any views that aren't WT approved. Our elders warned against researching JWs on the internet. They said the truth is only at WATCHTOWER.org. Everything else is either a potential waste of time or a potential snare of Satan.

Contrary to what was pointed out about the general UK feeling about hardcore apostates, my hall had comments about how apostates are subtle and will work from within the congregation to introduce one false idea at a time. In other words, they really stuck to the lesson and put the congregation on alert.

I talked to a couple of close friends about the lesson afterward and they, unprovoked by me, found two major issues with the lesson. First, calling someone who doesn't agree with a WT teaching "mentally diseased." Second, discouraging research.

We all know that a portion of the JWs don't pay much attention to the meetings. But for those that paid attention to this lesson, I think it the feelings about it are going to be split down the middle. Both sides will agree that it was an intense article. Some will feel that it is just what we need because Satan is out to gobble us all up since we're so close to the end. Others will feel, as my friends mentioned, that it was a bit over the top.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

it is such an act of desperation but it will not work. The ones already sitting on the fence are energized to exit and any new people who find out no internet,tv, books or non jw human beings will not come in only those fearful ones will stay and all this pressure might actually make them mentally diseased.

• flipper
    flipper

FRANKLIN MASSEY- It sounds like in your congregation the Witnesses and/or elders are more hardline and will take the WT study information at face value quite literally. So yes, your comment about being cautious of expressing views disagreeing with the WT society among those people is well thought out . Best to be cautious. Especially if you have friends or family still in that you keep contact with. It really is insulting to any who disagree with the WT society to be called " mentally diseased ". I mean if WE are " mentally diseased " for speaking the REAL truth- what does that make the GB and WT society leaders handing out this steaming pile of poo ? If people are sitting on the fence contemplating exiting the Witnesses they'll think it was over the top as you said, but there are plenty of hardliner JW's still who dangerously feel the WT society is right. And those are the ones we need to be careful around for sure.

NANCY DREW- I'm sure that every JW is " mentally diseased " just from listening to this garbage material ! The WT society is desperate to keep JW members trapped inside the organization with no seeming place to escape. That's what they WANT them to think- that there is no peace outside the organization. But it's all a lie, people will find MUCH more happiness outside the WT organization. And like you said the WT society cannot stop the exodus of free thinking JW's who are sitting on the fence. With articles like this one- WT society is just pushing more and more people out of the organization and jumping to the side of real freedom of mind ! I hope more and more exit ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

The Organization is becoming a drone factory.

• flipper
    flipper

FRANKLIN MASSEY- The WT organization is not only becoming a drone factory- it's becoming George Orwell's 1984 view of the world we all live in all over again in reality

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A random thought from the brain of el Punko.........

I wonder if the liberal stance of some congregations is because the term 'apostate' is just a 'boogey-man' to the dubs. How can I put it.....?

They believe this fictitious enemy exists but cannot see it in reality. Like God or Satan.

The term 'apostate' has become so hyped up of late and surreal that it can't possibly refer to their loved ones. We all know that the article is really trying to identify their loved ones though.

Sounds like the GB have built up the fear of 'apostates' to such a high degree it's become a non reality to the JDubs.

The JDubs probably think apostates are all like my avatar!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I found that the WTS words were most telling. I went online to complete my WT library. My congregation had the Studies in the Scriptures but you could only read them at the KH, not take them home. I found a site online that had all the WTs from 1879 to 1916. I also started ordering copis of the S in the S as well as all of Rutherford's books. They were most eye opening and shed a different light on quotes from these publications in later WT publications. I even got a copy of the Way to Paradise which also promoted the 1925 date. All these publications were in my family's libraries.

I realized that you could hang the WTS with their own words.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Silly question but didn't "the talking snake" (who is presumed to be satan), tell the truth to Eve about not dying if she ate the apple and they would know good and evil and become like gods.. was it not god who actually lied about the eating the apple in the first place??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit