July 15th WT- Don't Research " False Stories " - Inspired by Satan !

by flipper 85 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

It is a clever strategy to start from the premise that everything said by those who left the organisation must be a lie. It demeans them from the start and means that JWs will always have that mental perspective whenever they come across someone who has a negative view of the society. It makes me angry when I think of all those damaged by the society who have just been labeled irrelevant.

If you have experienced the merciless treatment of the religion and come here then you already know that the society is duplicitous but this article tries to stop those who have doubts from doing anything about it instilling fear and doubt. This article demeans this forum and is slanderous and they call themselves the truth.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

It is a clever strategy to start from the premise that everything said by those who left the organisation must be a lie.

Yup. Textbook example of groupthink.

And the WTBS has balls the size of Jupiter's moons if they bash "false stories" while monthly printing some of the cheesiest fiction to ever be put on paper. Seeing eye dogs leading blind people to KHs. People studying Watchtowers in jail and not feeling the beatings they received. Angels hiding typewriters from Gestapo agents while letting 6,000 JWs rot in camps. Women in 3rd world countries quitting their only jobs and.... well, you get the point.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

nugget brings up a good point:

It is a clever strategy to start from the premise that everything said by those who left the organisation must be a lie. It demeans them from the start and means that JWs will always have that mental perspective whenever they come across someone who has a negative view of the society. It makes me angry when I think of all those damaged by the society who have just been labeled irrelevant.

If you have experienced the merciless treatment of the religion and come here then you already know that the society is duplicitous but this article tries to stop those who have doubts from doing anything about it instilling fear and doubt. This article demeans this forum and is slanderous and they call themselves the truth.

Some of the horrible mistakes the Society has made (changing blood doctrine, early racism, Mexico/Malawi debacle, child abuse coverups, etc.) sound, to the naive ear, too crazy to be true. For instance, I would love to tell my family about Mexico/Malawi as I feel that they should know the real story, as opposed to the story of the little boy who kept praying for "Wally" and his parents finally figured out he meant "Malawi" and "my oh my how God helped those faithful souls"...anyway...Articles like the one that this post is about make it nearly impossible to reveal any of the heavier truths about "THE TRUTH" because loyal, subjective JWs will immediately dismiss them as wild demonic fabrications. "The Governing Body would never do something like that! Jehovah wouldn't allow it! Where did you hear this?!" And just like that, you are now an apostate spreading "false stories." It doesn't matter if the story is true. It doesn't matter how sincere and respectful you are in your telling of it. All that matters is that the Watchtower told them to look out for people like you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Charilko, because your experience is so fresh, did you notice that the first couple studies are focused on trusting the bible implicitly, and by day three, *BLAM* beware of Satan/opposition from family members. This becomes self-confirming as alarmed loved-ones begin to notice your change. A little switch goes off in your brain, *SATAN!* they were *RIGHT!*

My JW hubby, I swear, talks ten times more about Satan than he does Jehovah. He reserves his modest prayers for silent reverie, often fearing he will not be heard. I chastise him not to bring Satan in to our home. I've had enough of evil for ten lifetimes, and I've vowed not to let it have one more day. Live in the light, spread joy, plant things, hug, create.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Jgnat

Charilko, because your experience is so fresh, did you notice that the first couple studies are focused on trusting the bible implicitly, and by day three, *BLAM* beware of Satan/opposition from family members. This becomes self-confirming as alarmed loved-ones begin to notice your change. A little switch goes off in your brain, *SATAN!* they were *RIGHT!*

Yes, I noticed it. In the course of the study, those early chapters took for ever, because at that point my analytical critical intellect was not dulled, and I argued every step of the way, pointing out each manipulation and illogical anomaly to my study conductors.

It's a mystery to me now why I continued with the study, but that's looking back on it. What made the difference was that I was going to the KH, and was bowled over by the ...apparent...warmth and "genuine" love I found there. And this was because I'd been deeply involved in my own church which had undergone an appalling scandal and I was reeling from shock. (Many others were too and reacted variously but I was the one that the JW's caught in that unguarded moment.)

The extraordinary thing was that all the time, throughout, I never stopped observing with part of my mind the manipulation and false logic of the WT process, and yet, somehow, after about 6 months, it was as though my brain flipped and got totally suckered in, so that I actually saw the faithful and discreet slave as representing God and was ready to jump through hoops and alter my whole life just because they said so.

I posted several days ago on a thread (not begun by me) that gained no popularity at all and I think has foundered into obscurity. That thread suggested the evidently worn-out existence of manipulative false images inserted into WT illustrations, and cited a clear face on the front of the Bearing Thorough Witness book.

I was and am saying neither yea nor nay on this subject, but my factual observations of myself and what happened are here. You can see that I am well able to think, analyse, and readily detect BS. I was offered that book when I was clearly experiencing considerable cognitive dissonance, still largely firmly believing the doctrines of my church and yet strangely...(I'll change that to VERY strangely)...drawn to JW thinking. I was researching as much as I could about the early development and spread of Christinaity, trying to see just why the JW's believed certain things.

I opened that book hesitantly, was interested in the apparent wealth of detail, actively noticed and disliked the constant mix of apparent historical/Biblical fact with modern JW proselytising, but despite noticing immediately the face in the clouds I perused the pictures, got interested in the detail, and over and over again went back to them. I devoured the book and went back to it for a second and third reading, in effect using passages almost as meditation.I kept going back to the pictures again and again, gazing at them and allowing my imagination to wander around the scenes portrayed. Can't explain it. That's what happened.

In that thread I did suggest that those pictures might indeed have a psychological effect beyond what was obvious. The thought met with disfavour, and I abandoned it, and kept my thoughts to myself. However, that's what happened, and I am the person you see me to be, and the very last person anyone who knows me well would ever have thought would be taken in by anything, although it is true that I was vulnerable at that point. Once I'd begun reading that book, I was hooked and in a different mindset from before.

Going back to your original question on the Bible Teach study book, which we plodded through at a snail's pace until just a very few months ago, yes, I noticed all the manipulation all the way through at all times, BUT...and here's the thing...after I'd read only a bit of the Bearing Thorough Witness book I actually accepted it all, totally forgetting the maxim that I knew well, that the end never justifies the means, and I became outwardly and even to myself an apparently humble convert, content to "learn" at a level and pace scarcely beyond that of kindergarten.

Was I somehow swayed by something in those images? Improbable though it seems to most people and to myself, I am not at all sure that I wasn't, at least in part...and that was even while I was aware of the possibility! I'd thought my mind was very strong indeed. But I was duped by the indoctrination process, whether by text or picture and the love-bombing that went on, and yes...unbelievable though it seems to my rational self, absolutely, disgracefully...I was throughly BRAINWASHED!

Rotten JW's! I'm still not totally clear of it. I met by chance a JW today, who, all smiles, "missed" me and hoped she'd see me at the meeting tonight. Did I say, "Not likely!" and run? I did not. I merely hedged and said "We'll see."

Pathetic.

I described this encounter to my youngest daughter later and got roundly scolded for being a wimp! So you see, though I may sound on here as though I've seen the light I really don't feel as if I am fully clear yet and I know I'm in a lull as the elders are giving me a couple of weeks' grace to recover from my experience with the possessive sister.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the comments !

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Very true what you say. I believe the injustices of the WT society have contributed to me doubting an existence of " God " or " Satan ".

CHARIKLO - Very interesting experiences you posted. Don't feel bad towards yourself for being deceived by Jehovah's Witnesses - it happens to all of us on the board. The WT society uses techniques involving mind control which are described in Steve Hassan's 2 books " Combatting Cult Mind Control " & " Releasing the Bonds - Empowering People to Think for Themselves. " If you get a chance to check those 2 books out- I highly recommend it. They really assisted me in breaking free of the JW mind control.

ON THE WAY OUT- Very true what you say. The WT Society IS another high profile cult. Like you said, comparison with Moonies & Mormons is applicable. Also I believe JW's are a more softer, subtle version of Scientology actually. My wife has joked that Scientologists are like Jehovah's Witnesses on steroids ! But ALL of these cults have one idea - to take the locus of control away from their members and dominate members through fear and guilt. Very insidious tactics.

ROOM 215- Good point you make. The WT society IS delivering this kool-aid version to rank and file JW's to control them and newbies joining the JW organization aren't aware of this until they get more involved ! THEN the control tactics begin,very true.

CARLA- Very true ! How will a person know if a story is " false " unless they research it ? WT society DOES NOT want JW's finding that out !

NUGGET- Exactly. The WT society automatically tries to discredit ex-Witnesses as evil because they left the organization. So they control current JW's view of us through fear and doubt as you stated in order to give this false impression of what hAPPENS to ANY person leaving the JW organization. Typical mind control cult fear tactics. Disgusting for sure. Many of us, yourself included , me too have experienced this negative treatment from JW's we once knew. To me- it reaffirms the decision I made to leave was the RIGHT decision !

MR. FALCON- Very true. The WT society has all these cheesy stories- yet they discredit all of us once we exit the Witnesses. I don't know if they have " big balls " or very " small " ones to do this. I think it's quite cowardly myself .

FRANKLIN MASSEY- Very good points you make . The WT society discredits ANYTHING we say , even IF it's the truth because we left the JW organization. And true, articles like this which they'll study at their WT studies do even MORE damage towards JW's ability to think critically. Any negative information which JW's are told or get access to against the WT society- they are told to turn a deaf ear to it. And THAT is the workings of the mind control cult - Jehovah's Witnesses. Ridiculous.

JGNAT- It sounds like your husband is really superstitiously controlled by fear to believe in " Satan ". I'm sure it drives you around the bend. I had a JW ex-wife who blamed " Satan " for everything ! If the toast got burnt, it was Satan. If we were late to a meeting, it was Satan. If she didn't turn in enough field service time at month's end, it was Satan. She thought I was Satan, for Christ's sakes ! She said " Satan " made me own a Pink Floyd t- shirt or Led Zeppelin t-shirt. I couldn't even own the movie " Jaws " because Satan was using this movie to scare our young teenage children. We finally divorced in 1998 - I was exhausted for a year afterwards. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bumpin' da thread...

And stating that the blatant, brazen hypocrisy of the Watchtower Society absolutely leaves me speechless at times...

Sometimes, when someone posts a Watchtower article on here - like this article; the type of article that shakes a symbolic finger at 'someone else' for supposed wrongs committed...

I swear!! The first thing I see fulfilling the evils stated and preached against, is the Watchtower Society itself!!

Zid

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

The leadership of WT cult knows that they are lying to their followers for the past 150 years. They are indeed masters of lying and mind control over 7 million JW's worldwide.

Darkness cannot prevail Light and WT is dark and evil cult. They are the ones with half truths are trying to establish their authority and power over 7 million blind followers. GB reminds me the dark days of Spanish Inquisition when thousands died in the altar of the Catholic Church, using the same reasoning, question us=you question God.

In this 3rd millennium times have changed. Human race has started to awakening, things of the past are now questioned and along with it Religion, especially Christianity (followed by Muslim and Judaism). We have evolved as humans and trying to move forward, since we investigate our past along with scientific evidence. An average modern man has more knowledge by just reading a newspaper, from a person that lived 3500 years ago in a semi barbarous state, claiming that he was inspired to write God's commandments in the desert.

Time does not turn back, that is why we find more and more people examining their faith and if their faith can stand on solid ground. GB knows that their days are numbered and desperately they are trying to keep as many prisoners behind WT's mind control walls. The entire religious system must change, since we have facts that show clearly that the world's 3 basic religions -Judaism, Muslims, Christianity have been build upon myths. Indeed myths and fairytales that some Hebrew misogynists nomads in the desert created by borrowing myths and ideas from Egyptians, Sumerians, Canaanites and later on Greeks.

WT is just a part of the system that controls humans along with the political of this world.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    The entire religious system must change, since we have facts that show clearly that the world's 3 basic religions -Judaism, Muslims, Christianity have been build upon myths. Indeed myths and fairytales that some Hebrew misogynists nomads in the desert created by borrowing myths and ideas from Egyptians, Sumerians, Canaanites and later on Greeks.

Just Human, you have a very good point here.

I think it's probably not that the tribes actively borrowed and created those myths; the myths will have been common to all in the area for many thousands of years, but as people wandered around, a process of ancient Chinese Whispers gradually diversified the stories, and over the generations different systems of belief emerged.

It wouldn't surprise me if that isn't fairly close to being how different religions evolved.

Somehwere way, way back...immeasurably further back than the farcical 4026 BC that the WT says was the dawn of humanity...millennia back there may be a common originating event or series of events. This whole scenario neither confirms nor precludes the existence of a divine creator. But I suspect, Just Human, that you may have hit on a profound truth.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The GB are shouting: 'Don't touch that dial, don't touch that dial!'

Their house of cards is collapsing now that people are able to do real honest research on the net!

It is possible to debunk WTB$ doctrine by referring exclusively to their own publications.

The WTB$ have 'New Light' (TM) which makes the 'old light' a 'false story'!

It's crowd control and the cult propaganda technique of 'Information Control'.

Sadly those under mind control will swallow it up. I can even see one of the elders in my old congo puffing his chest out and fking a serious face and warning against 'mentally diseased apostates' etc. I think it's so sad that Mrs Punk and daughter will sit there inspired by his fanatical rantings while at the same time being suspicious of me! Punky, the arch-angel apostate of Cambridgeshire!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit