Did I Have a Stroke?

by compound complex 127 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends:

Is it just disorientation, getting old...?

I awoke this morning and really did not know where I was. I didn't know how to use my phone or get online. A few days before I "lost" something but it was right in front of me on the counter top. My speech and thoughts are halting, more now than ever before.

I have complete mobility and no facial contortions and no headache. There's so much online I haven't a clue where to begin looking.

Online diagnostics is really not the correct way to go, but I'm clueless.

Thoughts?

Love,

CoCo

• d
    d

You should probably go see a doctor about that.Their could something wrong with your heart.

• talesin
    talesin

See a doctor - do NOT mess with this,, please!

Not to scare you, so I'll say no more. Just do it.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

please.

(((CoCo)))

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

You still knew how to get here..amazing..

I would say you are either pulling our leg or you had a transient stroke..which is not a full blown stroke but a warning that things are not as they should be with your arteries..better get it checked with a ultra sound..or?

Snoozy

• unshackled
    unshackled

Agreed...go see your doctor. Take care, sir.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Stroke warning signs..

If you have symptoms of a stroke, seek emergency medical care. General symptoms of a stroke include:

• Sudden numbness, tingling, weakness, or paralysis in your face, arm, or leg, especially on only one side of your body.
    • Sudden vision changes.
    • Sudden trouble speaking.
    • Sudden confusion or trouble understanding simple statements.
    • Sudden problems with walking or balance.
    • A sudden, severe headache that is different from past headaches.

Symptoms can vary depending on whether the stroke is caused by a blood clot (ischemic stroke) or bleeding (hemorrhagic stroke), where the stroke occurs in the brain, and how bad it is.

Recommended Related to Stroke

Stroke Organizations

This division of the American Heart Association offers support, information, and more. American Stroke Association

Read the Stroke Organizations article > >

A stroke usually happens suddenly but may occur over hours. For example, you may have mild weakness at first. Over time, you may not be able to move the arm and leg on one side of your body.

If several smaller strokes occur over time, you may have a more gradual change in walking, balance, thinking, or behavior (multi-infarct dementia).

It is not always easy for people to recognize symptoms of a small stroke. They may mistakenly think the symptoms can be attributed to aging, or the symptoms may be confused with those of other conditions that cause similar symptoms.

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Symptoms of a Transient Stroke:

Symptoms of transient ischemic attacks (TIAs) develop suddenly and are always temporary. They usually go away within 10 to 20 minutes. TIA symptoms are just like stroke symptoms. They vary depending on which part of the brain is affected. Common symptoms of TIA include:

• Weakness on one side of your body or an inability to move a part or all of one side of your body, such as your face, arm, and leg.
    • Numbness, tingling, or a feeling of heaviness on one side of your body.
    • Trouble seeing, such as blurring or double vision, dimness, or a sensation that a shade has been pulled down over the eyes.
    • Trouble speaking or finding words.
    • Trouble understanding words.
    • Vertigo, unsteadiness, dizziness, clumsiness, staggering, or fainting. You may have trouble walking. You may also have a drop attack, which is a sudden loss of strength in your legs.

It is not always easy to recognize a transient ischemic attack (TIA) because you may think that the symptoms are caused by normal aging or other conditions. But you should treat any symptoms of a TIA as an emergency because you have no way to know whether they are from a stroke or a TIA.

Snoozy

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    I awoke this morning and really did not know where I was. I didn't know how to use my phone or get online ... My speech and thoughts are halting, more now than ever before.
    I have complete mobility and no facial contortions and no headache ... Online diagnostics is really not the correct way to go, but I'm clueless.

You should see a doctor about that, CoCo. It could be many things. Maybe just stress and fatigue, but maybe something serious. At the least, a doctor's examination can rule out things it isn't and give you some peace of mind.

Take care of yourself, friend!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear friends.

No joke here ... a terrible thing to do to anyone. No pain, just where was I? I honestly did not know how to use the usual stuff - 12 hours ago. Couldn't recognize things and use them. Just stared and wondered.

Will follow your kind advice.

I appreciate it and would never try to fool you on so serious a matter.

Love,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit