If Men Could Menstruate

by mrsjones5 94 Replies latest social relationships

• talesin
    talesin

hehehe, 'measuring tape' hehehe

and BOTR--- it's not off-topic, mrsjones has a topic on it right now, and we're discussin'

tal

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or did you miss the point of the essay?

The essay tries to make the case that it's ok for women and non-whites to demand special treatment, because if white males (aka the scum of the earth) had PMS, they'd be way worse.

The "essay" is racist and sexist speculation. That is the point.

- Lime

• snowbird
    snowbird

She made her point very clear when she wrote thusly:

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless - and logic has nothing to do with it.

In her opinion, the powerful make sure everything concerning them is portrayed as good, while portraying everything concerning the powerless as bad.

She ain't never lied!

Syl

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    In her opinion, the powerful make sure everything concerning them is portrayed as good, while portraying everything concerning the powerless as bad.

Then why convolute that point by presenting the arguement as "If white men had PMS"?

Why not keep it simple and say "If women ruled the world"?

- Lime

• talesin
    talesin

lol, still a lot of hatred of women from some on this board ...

Lime, your ignorance is showing... gloria a man-hater is not! do a little research, and you won't appear so .... green!

syl,, true, not just for wimmins ---

t

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Lime, your ignorance is showing.

I don't care what gloria is or isn't. This is not a personal attack against the poster. It is an attack against the content that was posted, which has a clear and obvious bias.

- Lime

• rebel8
    rebel8

Amusing essay.

I'm tempted to write a similar one about what the bible would be like if men menstruated.

Would the Auntie Flo's menstruation shack be compulsory then?

• snowbird
    snowbird

She made the point if men (the powerful) menstruated, it would no longer be viewed in a negative light.

Am I on the wrong track?

Syl

• still thinking
    still thinking

This thread really seems to be pushing some buttons......here's Menstruation Man to help

• sizemik
    sizemik

I could never view menstruation in a negative light . . . no matter who got the responsibilty . . . so long as I still get a few days off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit