Exactly how many different views of Jesus are there on the Board and doesn't that kind of tell Believers the obvious problem...

by designs 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
  • Honesty
    Honesty

Uhhhhh????

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I prefer the upskirt view. Shoecam...

• Terry
    Terry

Jesus is "conceptual".

It is sort of like opening a folder on your desktop marked: PHOTOS

Any photo you want to place inside becomes part of PHOTOS.

With our JESUS folder any acceptable, meaningful, believable Jesus idea fits in nicely.

After all, it is our JESUS folder and we are the ones selecting the contents.

When I show you my JESUS folder it looks exactly like your JESUS folder........that is......until we compare the ACTUAL contents!

Interestingly, when you hear me talk about JESUS I am talking about MY own concept--but, you are hearing YOUR concept.

Until I go into too much detail.

If you talk about CHRISTIANITY it is your concept which you discuss, but, again--I am hearing MY concept until the details conflict.

This is how viral ideas spread.....always conceptually. The devil is in the details, as they say.

That is when the conflict begins.

So too with CHRISTIANITY. That is a conceptual folder which looks exactly like every other CHRISTIANITY folder.

But, once again...what goes inside can be very very different.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As many different posters on the board there are, that's how many different views of Jesus are there.

The obvious problem to believers may be that their message is ambiguous. Well, it's based on contradicting Gospels and on Paul's writings which read more like a mythology of a fictional Jesus.

If this is the point you are trying to make, tell us. If it is not, tell us. In short, tell us what you are asking.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In reality there are NOT that many views on Jesus, one can really only have two views:

Was Jesus the ressurected Son of God or NOT.

For Christians he was the ressurected Son of God.

Now, what that MEANS to every christian, that is something different.

Some understand Jesus to be divine while others view that divinity as an "issue" because of how they view the doctrine of the Trinity.

JW's and others that view Jesus as simply an angel or "a god" or the archangel Michael in another form, well, they still view Jesus as Son of God, just not in the same way most Christians do.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Jesus is the Mexican guy that takes care of the grounds around my apartment complex.

• jgnat
    jgnat

For fear of repeating myself, all of us by our nature will have an incomplete view.

Blind Men and Elephant

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~philclub/Elephant.htm

The danger of course, if one of us claims to have the "true" version, and everyone else the "false".

• freetosee
    freetosee

thx 4 posting, jgnat!

head a similar version years ago, almost forgot about it

• unshackled
    unshackled

Jesus is the Mexican guy that takes care of the grounds around my apartment complex.

LOL keyser. And I'm guessing it takes some interpretation to understand the meaning of his words too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit