Exactly how many different views of Jesus are there on the Board and doesn't that kind of tell Believers the obvious problem...

by designs 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The bible is but a finger, pointing to the SON, don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory !

*A play on Bruce Lee's famous line from Enter the Dragon*

• AGuest
    AGuest

Well, put, dear PSacto (the greatest of love and peace to you!).

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thank you Shelby ( and love to you always my dear sister).

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

when you quote john 5:39-40 and any other scripture to support your view it is akin to plundering (when you have not been plundered). the context of that scripture and who Jesus said that to surely has some significance...He was talking to the jews about their scriptures(john 5:17-18)...not everyone who reads the entire bible now. as a matter of fact we read the OT now in order to read that He was who He said He was.

love michelle

• garyneal
    garyneal

Not sure if I have anything meaningful to add.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    He was talking to the jews about their scriptures (john 5:17-18)...

Ummmm... what other "scriptures" WERE there, Michelle? What others scriptures ARE there now?

not everyone who reads the entire bible now.

His words still apply, chile...

as a matter of fact we read the OT now in order to read that He was who He said He was.

Ummmm... isn't that "searching the scriptures"?

You've made my point. Silly rabbit...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

there were lots of books that weren't included in the canon. the ones that were included in the bible we have now whether catholic or not are there to help us...the Holy Spirit can and does use the bible to teach the whole counsel of God...though you have adamently disagreed

His words in john 5:39-40 do still apply to the jewish people...it's a good thing to know where to find references in the OT to show them that their Messiah has come just as it is written in their books...john 2:22, romans 1:17, romans 10:17, acts 28:22-27

I don't need to see "it" in writing anymore if that's what your getting at...acts 4:4, 1 corinthians 3:5-6, 2 thess. 1:10...I read the bible because I want to and appreciate the word of God...and it is a source of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him...its contents are a spiritual blessing that was meant to be shared...there is a lot more in the bible that can be appreciated besides reading about Jesus of course...

if you feel that the Holy Spirit would not teach from the bible then why do you enter in there?...you've said it is because "others" need to see it in writing to believe, like thomas...didn't Jesus say to thomas touch...and see if it isn't Me, Myself?...which is quite what reading the entire bible is, touching something older than our own thoughts and seeing...and believeing. (no need to mention that the demons believe too, you must feel blessed that such a scripture is there for you to bandy about...whenever you feel like it)

love michelle

• tec
    tec
    you've said it is because "others" need to see it in writing to believe, like thomas...didn't Jesus say to thomas touch...and see if it isn't Me, Myself?

He did of course, in what seems to be making allowance for Thomas (out of love), for Thomas' limitations. Which most of us share. But remember that He also said, "Blessed are those who have NOT seen and yet have believed."

Peace,

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Only a couple/few things are worth responding to, so...

the Holy Spirit can and does use the bible to teach the whole counsel of God...

You simply must show me where that was said by Christ... or even "written"...

His words in john 5:39-40 do still apply to the jewish people...

It applies to Israel... which includes the Jews, yes. But since Israel now includes the nations, well... you do the math...

it's a good thing to know where to find references in the OT to show them that their Messiah has come just as it is written in their books...john 2:22, romans 1:17, romans 10:17, acts 28:22-27

(Shaking head) And since Messiah CAME... what in the WORLD is there to look for in there NOW?

I don't need to see "it" in writing anymore if that's what your getting at...acts 4:4, 1 corinthians 3:5-6, 2 thess. 1:10...

Apparently, you DO...

I read the bible because I want to

Then, by ALL means, continue...

and appreciate the word of God...

The Word of God is not IN the Bible. He is alive... and in the spirit realm... sitting at the right of God... subduing (teaching peace) to those who belong to him... and ruling... as king... over his kingdom.

and it is a source of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him

Christ is the Source of wisdom... and "revelation" in the knowledge of "Him." Christ is the ONLY One who can reveal God to you. That's why he is called the Light. You know... 'cause light REVEALS??

...its contents are a spiritual blessing that was meant to be shared...there is a lot more in the bible that can be appreciated besides reading about Jesus of course...

Seriously?? Nothing in there can give you life. NOTHING. Nothing in there can resurrect you. NOTHING. Nothing in there can give you entry before God. NOTHING. Nothing in there can save you. NOTHING. Nothing in there can cleanse you of your sins. NOTHING. Nothing else in there... MATTERS. You can read it all the day long. You can even attempt to keep all of the laws that are in there. You will STILL gain nothing... but none of that will CHANGE the fact that you... are... a... sinner. NOTHING... other than the flesh and blood of Christ... and a union with him... wiill change that.

But... read away, chile.

if you feel that the Holy Spirit would not teach from the bible then why do you enter in there?

Because others lack the faith it takes to walk by faith, not by sight, and need to see things in writing. Although such things won't set them free (only Christ can/will). But they don't get that... yet.

...you've said it is because "others" need to see it in writing to believe, like thomas...

Yep...

didn't Jesus say to thomas touch...and see if it isn't Me, Myself?...

Yep... and then reprimanded Thomas while commending those who did NOT need to so see. Npw, had we both lived during those days YOU might not have had a problem when my Lord said, "O, you... of little FAITH!" Me? I would have been devastated... and condescended to BEG him... for MORE faith. But that's just me...

which is quite what reading the entire bible is, touching something older than our own thoughts and seeing...and believeing.

No. Touching something is just another means of walking by sight, of satisfying our need for SENSUAL "pleasure". If sates the flesh... not the spirit. The spirit doesn't need the law (or anything else) to be written... anywhere... except on the heart. That was the PROMISE of the New Covenant... and it is being fulfilled. In those who walk by faith. But... read on, Michelle. It's entirely your choice and SO not my concern what you CHOOSE.

(no need to mention that the demons believe too, you must feel blessed that such a scripture is there for you to bandy about...whenever you feel like it)

Ummmm... that fact that it IS there... for any to read... makes ME "blessed" any more than any other how? I would tell you the same thing, even if it wasn't written there... because it's true. I have often shared things that are true... that are NOT written in the Bible. And you take exception with that. Make up YOUR mind.

BTW - You didn't answer my question(s)...

A slave of Christ,

SA, trying to stay in psuedo-"Venusian" mode, but my Lord knows it's hard...

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

yes! He did say that...and blessed ARE those who believe with out seeing Him in person.(context)

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit