Exactly how many different views of Jesus are there on the Board and doesn't that kind of tell Believers the obvious problem...

by designs 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm certain that all Christians will agree on the following:

John 20:31 These are written down so you will believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God ... The Message Bible

I believe that with every fiber of my being, and I believe that is sufficient.

We're not in the WT anymore so that we have to have everything line up like ducks in a row.

Syl

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Jesus is a shadowy figure in the New Testament who never wrote anything down. The Gospel writers have put words in his mouth and have searched the Hebrew Scriptures for any perceived references in an attempt to give him legitimacy. Miracles were adapted from the OT, to make him appear to be someone special. Paul, who never met Jesus, added his own peculiar ideas. Add to that the apocalyptic visions in Revelation, and Jesus can be whoever you want him to be... just pick a scripture.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Actually, I think it works to the contrary, here, dear Designs (peace to you!). Turns out, many of us believers here love each other... as well as NON-believers... in SPITE of our slightly to greatly differing views about Christ. One of the reasons for this may be that we do our best to follow him... rather than [any] man. This is the result and evidence of our "christian" FREEDOM... which not only ALLOWS us to love... freely... but requires us to, in order to exist "rightfully" in that freedom. True, we can't boast the numbers of the WTBTS... or even the usual corner "church" (and both are absolutely okay)... but we exist. And some of us are here... and thriving.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m agnostic..I have no idea if God or Jesus exists..

So I`m speaking from the Perspective of Someone on the Outside,looking in..

There are so many that Claim to be Christians..

There are a Miniscule Few who follow the Words and Example of Jesus Exclusively..

I have no Idea why the Rest do not..Or..Why they call themselves Christians..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Immigrant with his broken English approaches Salvation Army guy and says "Thats a smarta uniform... who do ya work for" Salvo replies "I work for the Lord Jesus" Immigrant answers " Watta coincidence I worka for is brother Kraft Cheeses"

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

There are EXACTLY 25 different views of Jesus on this board.

Next thread please.

JDW

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Bible/Jesus has clearly revealed who He is. God wants us to know/worship Him in spirit and in truth. We can show how and why Islam, Buddhism, JW/WT, Mormon/LDS, Hinduism, etc. have counterfeit gods/christs. Blurring the distinction between truth and error is not helpful. The perspicuity of Scripture and the illumination of the Holy Spirit allows us to know the truth about who Jesus is and what He has done. There is no more important issue. Trusting a counterfeit is worthless. Jesus warned about false messiahs (He did not validate them as equal to Himself). Paul warned about false gospels and Christs. He preached the true gospel and Christ and so should we. Those who think all views are equally valid or that we cannot know the truth about this basic issue are ignorant or lazy. We do not have to understand the details of the hypostatic union or homoousias (triune issue), but we do have to decide if Jesus is Almighty God, uncreated Creator or created being/angel/mere man/mere teacher. Jesus did not leave us with options: He is either liar, legend, lunatic, or LORD God Almighty. The Arian view is not a viable option and was condemned centuries ago. Those who have the truth can spot a lie.

The Case for the Deity of Christ (one can reject the Bible, Christ's claims, etc., but at least understand what it actually teaches).

On the Deity of Christ (Machen)

John 1:1

I have studied this for decades. It should take minutes, but one should prioritize settling this salvific issue. The relativists are simply wrong and overreacting to WT dogmatism/error.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

Regardless of how many views random peoplehave about Jesus. The view that matter's is the one and only view that the Bible gives about Jesus.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Correctomongo: What is the biblical view? We should be able to support or refute it from verses in context (exegesis vs eisegesis). There is one correct view and many false views.

• JeffT
    JeffT

In my view Christianity is about a relationship with God, I don't think there is a "right" way to have a relationship with some one. For example, no one else has my relationship with my parents, not even my siblings. Are they wrong and I'm right? I don't think so. Over the last few years I have grown very comfortable with the notion that each of us has to find his/her own way to God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit