What's the most dumbest/petty thing you've heard of someone being "stumbled" over?

by Reality79 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Jam Was it Jepordy???

LMAO You Know....that's funny......

so my joke hit home.......

• jam
    jam

C. Brown; Iam too dumb to be on Jepordy, it was the New

Treasure Hunt game, back in the early 70,s..My wife pick

the right box, no skill involve.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Instead of being counseled Jam......

a long awaited Congrats !!!!!!!!!!

• jam
    jam

Tnanks, CB

• Reality79
    Reality79

When I got braces as an adult the CO wife said it may stumble others because I wasn't waiting for the NS to fix my teeth

Now THAT is just f*cking insanity to the 10th power!!!!

• watersprout
    watersprout

I can't see the rest of page 3's posts either.

now I feel stumbled......wait foundsheep was stumbled by this....well I'm stumbled that she was stumbled!!!

I'm stumbled that you are stumbled because foundsheep was stumbled! Theres a whole lot of stumbling going on!

Peace

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

yes quite stumbled and have had straight teeth for over ten years and the confidence it gave me changed my life

• White Dove
    White Dove

When my sister and I were teens, we had feathers for our hair that were attached using an electrical clamp (roach clip if not used in electronics).

We wore them at a CA and a brother wrote a note to our dad saying that we had to remove them as the clips were roach clips used for marijuana.

My dad was furious! He used those kind of clips in his shop at home for electronic and mechanical purposes.

They are on those machines used to check if something is getting juice or not and how much.

He cornered the brother after the program (and after we took them out of our hair) and told him just what those clips were.

It's not our responsibility how others use them. I think he mentioned that mirrors, straws, and pop bottle caps shouldn't be used because of that, too!

• donny
    donny

I was a supervisor over a computer repair companys customer service group. It was a Tuesday and we had just had an incident where one of our big accounts was upset at the way their service call was handled and the attitude of the technician that showed up at their facility. I explained to my group that the person who complained said "That technician did not know what the F he was doing." I said it just like that, no bad word, just a letter.

Well lo and behold one of the persons in my deparment was a JW and I was not aware. She had been in mt department for 7 months and never revealed she was a Witness even though she knew I was one because I had the Evolution book and a NWT sitting on my desk.

I guess me saying the letter "F" stumbled her and she told the elders in her congregation. Her elders somehow deduced what my congregation was and notified them. On Thursday evening I found two elders sitting in front of my house and as I got out of my car they approached and asked if they could have a word with me. I said "sure" and invited them inside.

We sat at the kitchen table and the elders asked if they could say a prayer and during the prayer they asked Jehovah to open my heart to accept the councel I was to receive. My mind started racing trying to think what had I done that could have resulted in this visit. I really was at a loss in trying to come up with anything..

Then one of the elders informed me that a sister who worked for me had been stumbled at something I said at a meeting a few days prior. "Sister, what sister? I have a sister working for me?"

They said "yes" and proceeded to tell me about my use of the the letter "F" and how it had stumbled her. I thought that was pretty trivial and told them so and then asked how could someone work for me and know I am a brother and I not know I had a sister working for me. I then told them that we could discuss this further at the Service meeting that was just a few hours away. They never mentioned it again but I was still mad that such a little incident resulted in a special visit from the elders.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Brothers were counseled for wearing colored shirts

Reminds me . . . in the first congregation I was in around early 80's . . . there was one brother who was so anal about this . . . in the back room there were three hangers with three white shirts on them . . . small, medium and large. These were for the visiting speakers who dared to wear anything other than a white shirt. A sister was even assigned to wash and iron them each time they were used. No kidding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit