What's the most dumbest/petty thing you've heard of someone being "stumbled" over?

by Reality79 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

Not wearing a sport jacket or suit jacket in service

not wearing the proper overcoat in winter for service (that may be the dumbest one ever)

neckties too colorful

wearing jewelry... necklaces/bracelets. Okay for the sisters, not for the brothers

t-shirts with rock band logos

rock posters on bedroom wall

hair too long

hair too short

facial hair (my mustache wasn't within Bethel regulations)

facial hair another time (came back from vacation with a week old beard - just stubble really, nothing heavy) was refused to let read at the book study

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

The dumbest thing I remember was a group of us were playing Halo years ago, and at the next meeting a sister approached me and told me she had dreams of Satan after playing it.

Sounded like a personal problem to me.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

This is kind a stupid one:

After a day of helping a lady friend move, we arranged to go to the movies later that evening with a couple of others. I was under the mistaken impression that I was supposed to wait for her to call first before heading over to her place. Anyway, I went downtown to kill some time and I came across a music/performing arts festival that was going on there. As time went on I came across a drumming dancing performance and between all the ding and clang my friend calls and she's wondering where I am, what I'm doing, what's all the noise in the background and why I'm not at her house yet. I told her I was downtown killing time and I was in the middle of a festival there. After that I told her I'd be right over and I scrambled out to her place. Unfortunately she was a bit frigid for the rest of the evening. I could never get a straight answer as to why...

Months later, while my mom was visiting, a couple of older ladies in the congo asked her if it was true that I was at a bar. WTH? The "friend" and her g-ma she was living with thought I was at a bar? And lying about it? GRR! Even IF I was at a bar, whose freaking business was it anyway? Thankfully I never got counseled for that at all as I'm sure the local elders had much more imporatnt things to worry about. Idiotic busybodies in my local congo...

V665V665

• kramseivad
    kramseivad

i stumbled a new publisher by saying i liked church arcitecture hauled in to 3 elders when i pointed out that there was nothing wrong with a church structure as many kh were once old churches they backed down .

for a brand new witness to dob me in shows how there policing mentality starts very early

i always had a chuckle when at the convention they warned you about going into gambling venues while we are all sitting in the racecourse stands listening

• d
    d

I remeber also being counseled about wearing caps backwards.This was the style of the 90's I also was warned against wearing jerseys with Michael Jordans name on it.

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

I grow facial hair quickly. I went on a four day camping trip (real camping, no electricty, no RV, no toilets, no showers) and came back pretty scruffy. I was told that I looked wordly and should have brought a razor and shaved everyday. When the big A comes and witnesses are running for the hills to escape the destruction they better bring their razors if they don't want to get struck down by god.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

omg, whatwasIthinking.

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

I was out in service, didn't shave that morning so I was a little scruffy (I was only in like 11th grade). The elder I was with drove me to my house and told me I should shave. WTF! I'm sure it was so I wouldn't stumble anyone...

• satinka
    satinka

Brothers were counseled for wearing colored shirts.

satinka

• Reality79
    Reality79

LMAO I need to get to bed now but keep the experiences coming as I want to show this thread to someone I know....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit