What's the most dumbest/petty thing you've heard of someone being "stumbled" over?

by Reality79 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

When I got braces as an adult the CO wife said it may stumble others because I wasn't waiting for the NS to fix my teeth

wairing shorts to clean before an assembly

a skirt an inch above my knees

sitting on my to be husbands lap in public - nothing was going on...

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

An old sister ( I shutter at the word) pulled my husband in the back room to tell him that she overheard one of the "brothers" telling another that the way I dress gives him a hard on. No sh*t. She went on to tell him that if I were her wife, I wouldn't want any other man looking at me and that I should stop dressing like a harlot. I wear 1940's style clothing and apparently it was too much for this guy. My husband demanded to know who and she refused to tell him. It came out that it was her son.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

My husband was counciled for his 18 year old, non-jay dub son taking karate lessons. And the son lives with his mother across the country.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

omg, iconoclast. by the way, welcome to the board!

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

I've been lurking for a while! I've loved you guys from afar :)

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

I was conciled once for answering a question a bit too "haughtily" and was told to dumb down my answers. (I have several degrees and this elder is a janitor by day and a king by night). That was the last time I raised my hand.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

Sorry! *Counceled

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I was counseled for wearing nail polish color - other than a shade of red and a long skirt with slit to knee (to sexy I guess).

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Once, after a Sunday meeting, I went to a nice restraunt with 7 other people from my congo. 2 were dating couples, the rest were singles like me. We were all over 18. We saw an older die-hard pioneer sister off in a corner, dining alone. After our drink orders were taken, we all gradually went over to her, said "hello" and asked if she'd like to join us. She was polite, smiled and declined. The following Wednesday night, we were all informed by an elder (who was obviously on our side) that a "certain sister" brought it to the attention of the elder body that unchaperoned, co-ed groups of young people were going out "on their own" after meetings and she was offended that we had no "adult supervision."

1.) Had she accepted our invitation, she could have served that supervisory role for us.

2.) The majority of us were on our early to mid-20s. I'll take "young people" as a compliment, but... supervision?

BTW: Had she not been there, we would have definitely had the girls take their tops off and dance on the table while spanking our monkeys...damn...she totally BUSTED us!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

A bunch of young ones being counselled for playing Twister.

twister

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit