JWs Not Allowed to Post on Websites?

by StandFirm 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol he wants names. Geez there's tons of ex elders, ms's, pioneers, etc here. If you stay you'll figure it out. But it's not up to us to out anyone, if a person on the board feels the need to tell you how they were affiliated with the bOrg they will.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

jwfacts: Refuting publicly made claims is not the same as associating. I associate with my friends, I teach in the field ministry. Both involve interaction with other people but they are not the same.

There may be different levels of association, but it is still assocation, and you are associating in a manner that you are told not to engage in by the Governing Gody. You are going out of your way to converse with Apostates, when the magazines tell you not to. How about writing a letter to your elders and saying whether they approve of what you are doing?

If the governing body felt what you were doing was beneficial, then they would direct JWs through the Watchtower to repond publically via the internet, but they have said exactly the opposite.

Your illustration is also irrelevant. I was approached by an apostate when I was street witnessing as a teenager. I spoke for a while, but it was of no benefit having the conversation. Following Watchtower direction would entail politely removing yourself from the conversation.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

changed my mind Done saying anything to this...............................

THING LOL

• sizemik
    sizemik

You've got the truth . . . so what's the problem?

• yknot
    yknot

Some I know privately and wouldn't want me to reveal......(bethelites and COs especially aren't going to out themselves publically)

Generally speaking that is bad forum ettiquette...people like to interact of their own free will.....and like their boundaries of choosing who to tell.

If you really want to know I suggest you start a new thread asking who is willing to reveal their status or use the search options to locate an older thread where that was done...... (its a fairly common curiousity of new posters)

Looking forward to the future responses of such a thread! (and you are really holding your own in a dignified way....WTG -really proud of you!)

huggles

• pbrow
    pbrow

It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

crystal clear

My gut is telling me that you are an uber troll. But after reading your last few posts I may change my tune. I get the same head spinning, bang my head on the wall feeling when I read your posts as I do when I have to discuss with my uber dub ex-wife's decision to allow our children to die rather than accept a medically neccessary blood component. (even though when a judge (controlled by satan's system of things) takes custody of them, she will then allow it for some reason)

uber dub +1

uber troll -1

pbrow

• Maze
    Maze

A person can make honorable mention about what the Bible and Watchtower Society states about bad association.

Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits. (1 Corinthians 15:33)

A person cannot however point this at one of Jehovah's Witnesses like a loaded gun without inadvertently bringing adverse judgment on themselves considering what the Bible (Hebrews 10:26-31; 6:4-8) and the Watchtower Society (Watchtower 08/15/1969 pp. 511-512) says about apostasy.

Besides, all one of Jehovah's Witnesses would have to do to right a wrong is sign off an inappropriate website and never sign back on again or view any associated material.

• still thinking
    still thinking

StandFirm I would like to congratulate you on your reasoning. This helps others who are doubting to feel comfortable about looking here too.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Is this thread on whether JW's are "allowed" to post on apostate websites or whether they "should" . . . two different things . . . with two different answers . . . just asking

• yknot
    yknot

What Rachel-Alice- Maze means is ....

JWN is awesome and even she throughout her myriad of alias can't stay away....

I am sure in her head she is kicking opposer heiny and taking name later in a matrix-esque manner but the reality is that she has some unstability and we should all be aware of that if choosing to respond to her comments.

Generally I am consigning myself not to personally respond to her because she just brings out something of a big sister "oh no you didn't" nature in me and we bicker in an unbecoming manner........but that doesnt mean I don't care.

I am sure her stay will be brief either by choice or deletion ......(I know I shouldn't ask but please be kind to her)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit