JWs Not Allowed to Post on Websites?

by StandFirm 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pbrow
    pbrow

Maze, I know I dont think that just because you are a Jdub you are bad association. If you are bad association I will not associate with you. But the great thing is I get to choose who is bad association. The principal application of 1 corin 15:33 as applied by jdubs is that if you are not a jdub then you are bad association. That is not simply a loaded gun but a loaded shotgun with a wide spread.

I jest with the "what is the definition of "is" is" but I simply mean that when I read in the watchtower that one should not even say a greeting to an apostate or allow them into your home, I take that to mean the principle the gb has come up with is not to engage/talk/type or otherwise interact at all with apostates. If you or standfirm see it differently that is fine with me. Your governing body has come up with the principle. You are admonished/advised/adviced or whatever you want to call it to stay away from apostates. You are going against the self proclaimed gods channel on earth.

pbrow

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

StandFirm wrote:

isaacaustin suggests I tell my elders I post here. Why would I do that? It is websites like this that claim that Witnesses must run to their elders to make their decisions for them. I, however, can make conscientious decisions for myself.

Although I'm not really interested in the idea you expressed: namely that "Witnesses must run to their elders to make their decisions for them," I am interested in a basic question regarding the elders: what would they do if they knew you were reading and posting on this site?

Regarding telling them, you asked "why would I do that?" Here's one reason why: I would like to know what they say or what action, if any, they take in response. If you tell them, it would put the question to rest. If you are not concerned about what they might say or do, it shouldn't be a big deal to tell them. It would take less than a minute to share the web address & your hobby with them. However, if you are hesitant to tell them, can you please tell me why?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Here, I found something below that should help Maze and Standfirm. And NO - it's NOT written by apostates. It's the 2008 edition but it should be updated soon. Hope it can be of help.

Happy to make a worthwhile contribution to this thread!

CoC

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Don't worry Standfirm. We understand that deep down inside, it's still a battle.

CoC

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

A couple of things. First off, StandFirm is a tryer.

His blog (http://stayawake-standfirm.blogspot.com/) and his never-say-die atttitude to defending the Governing Body are what inspired me to start my blog (http://thegoverningbody.org).

In general he's fair, but at other times he's hugely blinkered and selective. But that's mind control. In my opinion he's earned his stripes when it comes to stepping out and standing firm in defence of the Society and the Governing Body.

His tone of argumentation, that you're witnessing, has been learned at Topix. So, don't expect him to curl up and die, do expect him to pick up on any perceived logical fallacy, etc. Yes, this will frustrate you, but he won't be as bad as reniaa or [insert weird JW apologist here].

Secondly, however, some of the reactions to his initial question have been sooooo JWN in their tone of puerile snickering. Grow up, people. You know who you are.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

To all members of the WTBTS (i.e., JWs), would you lie or tell the truth if your elders asked you to complete a form that asked how often you visit the jehovahs-witness.net website (and other websites that the WTBTS did not like), print your name, sign, and date the form? If you would lie, would you be: 1) taking responsibility for your actions, 2) would you be following Jesus Christ (please read John 8:42-47 for what Jesus said), or 3) would you be a good JW becaue you did not get Df'ed? I predict that most JWs, who visit the jehovahs-witness.net website regularly (including StandFirm), would lie and be good JWs.

Given the GB's track record to control JWs, I would not be surprized that the GB starts asking JWs to sign forms like I described above. Such an action by the GB would end any futher discussion about how the WTBTS wants JWs to behave.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Hobo Ken
  • Hobo Ken
  • Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Do you believe standfirm that the wtbs would ever come out and directly print, in say the Kingdom ministry or study wt the url's of forbidden websites/forums/blogs?

Of course they would never do that. Why? Because human nature means many would go and visit or at least google such sites. The combined use of intellect , critical thinking skills and exposure to FACTUAL information relating to all things Jw eventually leads one out of the WTBS publishing sect.

And the initial effect? Well you already know the effect. That's why you are here. Sure you say you're on here to "sharpen your defences" but it's more likely you have some serious doubts and are in denial or are experiencing cognitive dissonance on some level. I admire your decision to stand up for what you currently believe. Many people have been on your very same journey remember.

When did Jehovah's witnesses become God's organisation btw? A year would be nice.

Matt.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

I'm a so called jw in the willful fading stage because of nothing my congregation or jw friends have done. It is because I did a thorough research of my religion and listened and investigated the ones the governing body dont want you to associate with. They don't want us to know that they have not been honest for over 100 years and one lie must continue to be covered over with more and more. The GB that feed us about the jw history, prophesy and many other things are interwoven with half truth, lies and disillusionment.

Just because they teach about love well the above actions contaminate that love. They are not who they claim to be. I have no doubts.

NOW U TAKE THIS AS A WITNESS AND RESEARCH EVERYTHING AND U WILL SEE AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit