JWs Not Allowed to Post on Websites?

by StandFirm 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

StandFirm Im glad your using your logical skills, after all how do you really know if this is correct or the bible differs from another bible etc if you can only examine material from WB&TS and nothing else?. You remind me of the old me and I dont regret what I did.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits. (1 Corinthians 15:33)
    Maze . . . a question for you . . .

Just what are all these "useful habits" JW's have, that deserve to remain "unspoiled" . . . in your opinion?

• oompa
    oompa

i would believe standfirm really believes his position on this this topic...if

he had joined here using his own name or his own picture or both....that would show for sure that he has no doubt that wt is cool with him posting here......................................................................oompa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Standfirm said:

From page 1:

isaacaustin suggests I tell my elders I post here. Why would I do that? It is websites like this that claim that Witnesses must run to their elders to make their decisions for them. I, however, can make conscientious decisions for myself.

My reply: This is a decision the WT has already made for you. True and believing JWs are supposed to confess their infractions of WT rules to the elders. If you do not feel this is breaking the WT rules then simply go tell your elders you post here and that would be the ultimate refutation of us 'apostates'.

Standfirm said:

sleepingbeauty: Is this an apostate website? Then why am I allowed to post here?

My reply: Allowed by who? You are not allowed to post here by the WT. The moderator allows any to post, so long as they follow the forum guidelines....only the WT is so controlling as to not allow its members this freedom.

Standfirm said:

LostGeneration: I don't think refuting apostates constitutes following them.

My reply: Irrelvant. The WT says not to do so.

• leapofthefrog
    leapofthefrog

okay, I'm done. I'm too busy for this shit.

• zoiks
    zoiks

yknot said:

I am sure her stay will be brief either by choice or deletion ......(I know I shouldn't ask but please be kind to her)

I'm sure Maze's stay will be brief, too. I hope that there doesn't have to be YET ANOTHER AIW/Spade series of episodes. It gets so old.

• sizemik
    sizemik

@isaacaustin . . .

sleepingbeauty: Is this an apostate website? Then why am I allowed to post here?
    My reply: Allowed by who? You are not allowed to post here by the WT. The moderator allows any to post, so long as they follow the forum guidelines....only the WT is so controlling as to not allow its members this freedom.

Maybe I could add this . . . Any active JW can come here and "hone their apostate-resisting skills"

Yet the WTS sponsored Forum(s) restrict any opposing views from being aired . . . why do you think that is StandFirm?

• undercover
    undercover

JWN may in general lean toward apostasy, it may be mostly apostates here, yet it purports to be "The place to discuss anything relating to Jehovah's Witnesses and the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society... or just make new friends!" No restriction on JW defenders. It isn't like, say, the Yuku Ex-Jehovah's Witness Forum. It doesn't claim to be an apostate website. Nor is it a blog where adding a comment would be like going to an apostate's home to talk to him about his ideas.

You're right, StandFirm...JWN is the place to discuss anything about JWs...or just make friends. All are welcome, including JWs and those that support them. We, or the owners of the board I should say, don't have issue with that. It's the WTS that takes issue with their followers getting involved with "apostates" online...and that includes this sight. More than one JW has been exposed and DFd for being active on this sight.

While you may read the admonition from the WTS in a way that make logical sense to you, the WTS isn't splitting hairs. Willing association with DFd/DAd/apostates is verboten. Here's the challenge... Go to your elders, tell them that you willlingly participate on this particular board to defend your faith...or to make new friends, whichever...and see what happens.

Personally, I like your position. You're basically saying, "I'll associate with whomever I please. I don't need a babysitter. I can take care of myself and defend myself." That's an independant spirit that the WTS hates their followers having. They'd rather you tow the line and obey without question. So I say, you go StandFirm. Assert yourself. Think for yourself. Be yourself.

• pbrow
    pbrow

undercover +1

Standfirm you should associate with whomever your bible trained conscience allows you to. Do not allow your conscience to be bound by anyone but christ. But you are blowing smoke pretending that your membership as a Jehovah's Witness is not in jeapordy if you make it known to your elders that you are fully participating in these blogs/forums/websites and you will do so as you please.

pbrow

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

I can't believe that your this stupid not to understand the "KEEP AWAY FROM APOSTATES" warning from gb fds for many decades. Many exjws elders and others who still are elders are plainly telling you that its against gbfds policy/rule/regulation/scriptural what ever and however you want to look at it its wrong you posting here my friend open your eyes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit