JWs Not Allowed to Post on Websites?

by StandFirm 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

Nineteen Eighty-Four (sometimes written 1984) is a 1948 dystopian novel written by George Orwell, about an oligarchical, collectivist society. Life in the Oceanian province of Airstrip One is a world of perpetual war, pervasive government surveillance, and incessant public mind control. The individual is always subordinated to the state, and it is in part this philosophy which allows the Party to manipulate and control humanity. In the Ministry of Truth, protagonist Winston Smith is a civil servant responsible for perpetuating the Party's propaganda by revising historical records to render the Party omniscient and always correct, yet his meager existence disillusions him to the point of seeking rebellion against Big Brother, eventually leading to his arrest, torture, and reconversion.

Has anyone every wondered what inspired the leadership of the WTBTS to transform the WTBTS and how JWs behave? Did Orwell's novel 1984 help to inspire the WTBTS leadership? Many posters to this thread have quoted dictionary definitions, but I have noticed when talking to JWs that JWs frequently use double-speak to communicate (i.e., love jehovah means obey the WTBTS without question). It would be interesting to list all the WTBTS double-speak definitions, but I am afraid that with every new light the definitions would change.

I am awed by every JW who is able to follow the WTBTS and stay out of a mental hospital, instead of changing the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sure, they discourage visiting such websites. Of course, we need to realize that the brothers are just imperfect men. So when those imperfect brothers write or say that nobody should visit websites that may be frequented by ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, we need to realize that they are speaking from their opinion. Certainly, Jesus was never shy or timid about speaking to anyone, anywhere. Such advice from the brothers is intended to protect the weak and less informed new students that may become confused.

Rather, the JWs that are mature and recognize that the brothers leading the organization are just imperfect men. A mature Christian should be more than willing to examine and defend their faith at school, at work, in court, or on the Internet. Since any householder is likely to examine such websites, surely any responsible minister ought to familiarize himself or herself with the information that these people are exposed to.

Sure, "apostates" may try to discourage JWs from defending their faith, but don't let that happen. Rather, every JW ought to carefully examine secular history for the evidence of Jerusalem's destruction in 607 BCE. And look up "pyramidology" while you're at it. Then come and share a list of all the non-JW historians that believe Jerusalem was destroyed in 607.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

pirata:

*** km 7/07 p. 3 Question Box ***
    Question Box
    ? What are the dangers of using the Internet to associate with someone we do not know?

A number of Web sites have been designed for people to meet and correspond over the Internet. Many of these sites allow individuals to create and post their own profile, which may include pictures and other personal information. People who view the profile can then make contact. Such Web sites are very popular among young people, and some youths in the congregation have used them to interact with others who claim to be Jehovah’s Witnesses.It is easy for a person whom we meet over the Internet to be deceptive about his identity, his spirituality, or his motives. (Ps. 26:4) An individual claiming to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses may actually be an unbeliever, a disfellowshipped person, or even an active apostate. (Gal. 2:4)

LOL

Like Alice/Rachel/Consfearacy/Spade/SuperSpook/ ......and now Maze???

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The July 15 Washtowel expressly bans posting on apostate web sites, or in response to apostates that post on regular blog sites. They are not supposed to reply to apostates on sites like YouTube, or other social network sites. To them, apostates have some "mental disease" and they do not want to catch it by reading any of their materials or posting in reply to it.

However, the witlesses are not expressly banned by this article from posting on any web site. They might still post on blogs that have nothing to do with religion. They might post, for instance, on sites where the story is about the snowstorm in June in Colorado. However, in practice, the hounders do not take kindly to the witlesses posting like that because they are not supposed to have any opinions on anything aside what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts out.

• charlie brown jr.
  • leapofthefrog
    leapofthefrog
    Such advice from the brothers is intended to protect the weak and less informed new students that may become confused.

" Now, what will you do if you are confronted with apostate teaching—subtle reasonings—claiming that what you believe as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses is not the truth? For example, what will you do if you receive a letter or some literature, open it, and see right away that it is from an apostate? Will curiosity cause you to read it, just to see what he has to say? You may even reason: ‘It won’t affect me; I’m too strong in the truth. And, besides, if we have the truth, we have nothing to fear. The truth will stand the test.’ In thinking this way, some have fed their minds upon apostate reasoning and have fallen prey to serious questioning and doubt. (Compare James 1:5-8.) So remember the warning at 1 Corinthians 10:12: “Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall .”" Watchtower 1986 Mar. 15 pg. 12 par. 7

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    So, here is the one and only place I will be discussing it

Hmm, I'm waiting on you to start discussing. Where did you go?

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

You damn JW's in good standing get off my lawn!

Admonishment, btw, quickly turns into a fullblown discovery session by the body of elders once you tell them you ignored the WTBTS's "admonishment" about apostate websites. There is no getting around the WTBTS's stand and expectations of JW's in the congregation. If the elders find out you have been visiting this or any other apostate website, blog or otherwise, that is your ass. :)

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

If I start a thread insisting the moon is made of cheese, can we debate that too?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Perhaps the OP has not returned because he/she is embarrassed that a bunch of "mentally diseased" apostates have read the latest offering of meat in it's due season from Jesus, Jehovah, the Governing Body, before he did. If he was a good JW he would be up-to-date on the latest instructions from HQ about conversing with apostates on the web.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit