• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Paula,

Ain't seen it yet, been waitin' though

he gave us his "word"

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

PublishingCult writes:

“I considered that some might take this view. I also considered the ramifications if Johnny were indeed legit. I would not have done anything like this if there was a shred of evidence supporting Johnny's claim. We were getting lost in smoke and mirrors, subterfuge and distraction, too much to really see it clearly and for what it is. Fearon and Johnny created so much doubt and speculation, everyone was focussed on it being possible . . . A magician only allows the audience to have ONE PERSPECTIVE and one perspective only, and no one dare walk up onto the stage and show the wires and false bottoms.

“But the truth is that we all knew Johnny was a fraud. A hoax.

“Rick and Johnny designed the charade in such a way that this was the only way, short of a confession from the two of them, to have exposed them.”

1. A better method is to simply ask for proof of the thing asserted and in the absence of that proof to proclaim the assertion as unsound. It is unethical to needlessly gamble on someone else’s dime without their express permission to do so.

2. I listened in once to hear JTB speak for himself. I did not believe JTB was what he claimed then, and I have no new reasons to think otherwise. To me this is nothing more than an audio manifestation of what we see online in printed form every day of the week. Folks pretending to be something they are not, and doing so for their own reasons which we may or may not ever know for sure. These folks are everywhere. Some believe them and some don’t; each for his or her own reason.

3. Concluding a conspiracy is something you have conjectured, but so far the only argument I see from you is built on an unsound bifurcation. Because there are alternative reasons for why Fearon would entertain JTB on the terms JTB asserts himself then the fact of Fearon acting this way does not prove a conspiracy if in fact JTB is dishonestly representing himself. One alternative is that Fearon builds his audio call-in show on letting folks claim whatever they will and by design he interviews them on that basis, leaving folks to reckon whatever they will about the caller or what the caller claims. Though such an approach is not very investigative, conclusive or necessarily informative, it is certainly not a conspiracy to commit fraud.

4. It is better to listen to what is said for soundness, and to point out lack of soundness where it occurs. But to connect evidence to a conclusion that that evidence does not achieve is unsound at face value.

5. To me the Fearon audio phone-in show is, basically, talk radio. It is what it is. Sometimes listeners get a gift of information and sometimes they get the thrill of drama. My opinion is that anyone who thinks the Fearon show is constructed to be a platform for investigative learning they have set themselves up to be disillusioned. Fearon offers the platform to let folks talk, and ask questions. What folks make of it, including Fearon himself, is left to each person.

6. My wonder is why do folks seem to care so much about this whole JTB episode? After that, my wonder is why do folks think it is worth their time and effort to “expose” what amounts to an entertainment show. To me, that is the most entertaining thing of all. The Letterman show has the occasional morsel of information, but everyone knows that first and foremost the show is about entertainment.

7. For those compelled to share important information, the Fearon show provides one more outlet. For those compelled to either honestly or dishonestly stir a pot, the Fearon show provides one more outlet. My guess is that Fearon does not discriminate on these terms because though he sees a definite need to provide the outlet he does, vetting callers is much, much bigger and costly than he has resources for. So he just lets folks call in and talk. This is what he does.

8. Like all listeners are free to do, Fearon can and does share his own beliefs about the things he hears from callers. So what? Anyone who defers to what Fearon believes simply because Fearon believes it, well that person is a fool. You can share sound information with a fool all day long and, more often than not, it won’t make a bean of difference. Hence if the attempt here is to convince fools not to be fools, then what is the point since such an endeavor is virtually pointless?

9. Finally, I wonder why I just wasted my time putting these thoughts together when there are far more worthwhile things to do at the moment. I suspect my time spent was for personal entertainment value and no more, so I guess there is some value in this piece of work.

Marvin Shilmer

• Mary
    Mary
    You don't think I'm dumb enough to put up my own picture do you? Sorry if I shattered your dreams.......... Mary
    Super.Glue.Sniffer.Alice said: Someone must have a lot to hide. The apostate agenda is generally secretive with little to offer in the way credibility. PM me for my real name and congregation. I have nothing to hide.

Oh Alice, Alice, Alice......are you still obsessing about me? Or are you lusting after me? Is that your real picture up there? (Actually, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was). And if you don't "have anything to hide", why don't you post your real picture and the name of your congregation (if you actually attended a KH) up on the board for everyone to see? No? Didn't think you would. Of course, you're too brain-dead and emotionally unstable to actually see the stupidity of your posting..........You'd make a great guest on Six Screens of the Watchtower---it's right up your alley: lies, stupidity and fills the needs of an attention whore......LOL!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey I'll send you my name and congregation, but in morse code and sent via indian smoke signals just in case anyone sees it - I have nothing to hide! LOL ;)

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

With Lovely Lills permission ,I think in all fairness to those posting on this forum, the disgracefull,discusting now infamous Upper Room Ministries house church conference call where Lil was set up and embarrassed should be posted up on this thread.

With her permission I will post it before sunset.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Rick,

give us somethin' we have'nt seen yet, like the 2011 memorial protest

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

#1..Leolaia`s post gets to the Meat of the Matter..Rick makes claims he later denies..

#2..Rick threatened Lil and her Daughter with embarrassment by reading the daughters Email on his show..Then later asked them to prove he publicly embarrassed them..

#3..Rick wanted permission from Lil to post information he received from her..Lil gave that permission multiple times here on JWN..

Rick denied ever getting that permission,on his show..

#4..Rick blocked calls on his show..Then claimed a possible systems crash,from possible thousands of callers..

#5..Rick admitted on his show,to PC..He uses Sensationalism to Promote Six Screens..

I could go on,but what`s the point..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

I made an Error on #3..I`ll let it stay but correct it here..

#3..Rick wanted permission from Lil to post Upper Room Ministrieshouse church conference call where Lil was set up and embarrassed.

Lil gave that permission multiple times here on JWN..Rick denied ever getting that permission,on his show..

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    With Lovely Lills permission ,I think in all fairness to those posting on this forum, the disgracefull,discusting now infamous Upper Room Ministries house church conference call where Lil was set up and embarrassed should be posted up on this thread. With her permission I will post it before sunset.

Is it deliberate? I mean are you really so utterly moronic? Do you think everyone is stupid?

You promised weeks ago to post the audio. You had Lilly's permission, no, she DEMANDED that you post the damn audio. IT IS DOCUMENTED ALL OVER THIS FORUM, AND RECORDED ON YOUR CONFERENCE CALL. EVERYONE HEARD IT. THEN, on the 4/23/11 conference call you pretended to the listening audience that Lil and Ray did not want you to play the audio as if it would somehow embarrass THEM. You accused Steph, their daughter (on this forum) of writing you with profanity and foul language, and Lil and Steph asked you expressly to post the email of which you make that accusation. Then on the 4/23/11 conference call you pretend that reading the letter would somehow cause embarassment to the family. What the eff is your delusional deal here? You promised ON AIR so have a link of the audio sent to both me and Lil by last Monday and here you are with this moronic charade:

"With Lovely Lills permission ,I think in all fairness to those posting on this forum, the disgracefull,discusting now infamous Upper Room Ministries house church conference call where Lil was set up and embarrassed should be posted up on this thread. With her permission I will post it before sunset"

Do you know you stutter when you are lying, btw?

You are crazy, Mr.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

With Lovely Lills permission ,I think in all fairness to those posting on this forum, the disgracefull,discusting now infamous Upper Room Ministries
    house church conference call where Lil was set up and embarrassed should be posted up on this thread.
    With her permission I will post it before sunset....Koolaidman

Jesus H Christ on a Cracker..

How many times does she need to give you permission?..

After you denied getting her permission,on your show..

She gave permission to you again..ON AIR..

We all heard it..

................. ;-)...OUTLAW

• Mary
    Mary
    Hey Rick, give us somethin' we have'nt seen yet, like the 2011 memorial protest

That's what I'm waiting to see. All those Witnesses driving by, waiving and giving you the 'thumbs up' You promised days ago that the video of your "most successful protest to date" would be posted, yet here we are, and nothings been posted. Perhaps you are waiting for Lil's permission for that video to be shown too?

Marvin Shilmer asked: My wonder is why do folks seem to care so much about this whole JTB episode? After that, my wonder is why do folks think it is worth their time and effort to "expose" what amounts to an entertainment show. To me, that is the most entertaining thing of all. The Letterman show has the occasional morsel of information, but everyone knows that first and foremost the show is about entertainment.

I think because the Six Screens of the Watchtower is not supposed to be about light hearted entertainment the way that The Letterman show is. It is supposed to be a platform to discuss serious issues related to the Watchtower and it is (if it wants any sort of credibility) supposed to be honest and forthcoming about what it claims. This particular guest---Johnny the Bethelite---made wild, unsubstantiated claims regarding both himself, his position and some pretty outlandish crap about the Organization itself.

It was apparently tolerated for no other reason than to boost ratings for the show, which is pretty damn shallow for someone so intent on bringing down the WTS. Rather than admit he maybe got duped, the host instead became very defensive and painted himself into a corner. Sound familiar? Despite overwhelming evidence that JTB was a fraud, he refused to say "sorry". Sound familiar? He continued to 'stand by his conviction' and lashed out at anyone who dared to question him. Sound familiar? He tried diverting attention away from 'Johnny the Bethelite' with red herrings directed at LL, her daughter, PC, and well.....you get the idea. Sound familiar? And even after it's been shown that JTB was no more real than what 1975 was, Rick has the audacity to say "I never claimed that I believed 100% that Johnny said who he claimed to be." Sound familiar?

It's not 'light-hearted fun' when you go to such lengths to promote a lie and then try covering your own sorry ass by pointing the finger at everyone else. I think perhaps we're rather sensative about being lied to like this, given how deeply we were lied to by the Organization itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit