Is this a forum for JW issues or a poorly designed political and celebrity site?

by Band on the Run 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

What I like about this discussion board is that it is different things to different people. There's quite a diverse group of people posting on this board. I like that there are a range of topics. Some of them I read. Some I scan. Some I don't. But whatever.

I read according to what interests me. I come on here because there are things that keep me interested and coming back. Most of what is posted is not of interest. Personally, I didn't find the "hot bodies" topic of interest, and I didn't post on it. But no harm done. Not my cup of tea. I clicked on it, scanned a post or two and moved on. But there were people interested in posting on that topic. Good for them. If the "hot bodies" topic is not someone's cup of tea for a discussion topic, then move on.

I hope that this board will continue to be different things to different people. I hope there will continue to be a range of topics. I am glad that Band on the Run does not have the power to impose on others restrictions that would limit us to topics that she feels are of value to her.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

To anyone who doesn't like the forum: I'm all in favor of you receiving a FULL REFUND on your membership fees.

PS: I'm an apostate. MOST of my views will be offensive to Jehovah's Witnesses. The Watchtower organization's existence is offensive to me. Maybe we're even.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

It does seem a bit ironic that someone who became a lawyer because of their interests in civil rights and freedom of speech wants to limit the topics discussed on a JW-and-life-related forum.

If you only want to read and participate in WT-related topics, click on "Home" and scroll down to the section "WatchTower Society". Hopefully you will then be able to avoid most of the fluff topics that you seem to despise.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

People make assumptions about lawyers. For the last time, nobody gives a f*** if you're a lawyer. Calm down and realize that we are who we are and no amount of chastising on your part will do much to change that. People here will accept you for what you are and that is all.

So, threads about pizza toppings will make JW's run back to the Org.? I really don't think that THOSE JW's had much chance to leave anyway.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I value education....we all do.... I value social clubs. NY, Paris and San Francisco are my preferred cities. This does not make me a snob..... so, you go places, no need to poke us in the eye with it.... Reverse snobbery exists and I will not dumb down....who asked you too?..... Liking the above things does not mean I do not have respect for those with other gifts.....than show respect, there are other lawyers on this board as well, theydon't rub our noses in it.

Here's an observation for you. When a person comes to this board constantly reminding others of their GRAND accomplishments some begain to doubt their claims. Such as; are you really a lawyer, are your accomplisments valid?

Stick around, loosen up, have some fun, enjoy the ride.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Have a Tim Tam...

• Terry
    Terry

I have thought, wondered, puzzled about this myself.

I think anybody who spent much time as a JW was stifled, repressed and marginalized so long their individuality and opinionating

becomes CONSTIPATED.

The silly political screeds which appear regularly are a sort of diarrhea effect from all that constipation.

Not only that, but, the folks who post the screaming purple prose are searching for something to embrace RABIDLY as a JW substitute.

After all, being a Witness meant you could be absolutely comfortable YOU were right and everybody else was wrong. That is a tough

habit to break if your ego needs stroking.

Interestingly, when you are a JW all your arguments and proof are spoon fed to you and you only have to transmit them by shoving it in other people's faces and threatening them or condemning them if they don't agree.

The same thing happens on political threads. The cut and paste game is simply grabbing pre-mixed, pre-thought, pre-argued idioms and opinions which get plonked own here on JWN and crammed down the throats off unwary passers by.

We all have to grow up and learn to play well with others after being a crybaby JW with Armageddon squeeky toys to play with.

• wobble
    wobble

As I have said before, this forum is wonderful, and priceless. Some people come on here and want to change the nature of the place, why ?

You are free to post about what you are intersted in, and as has been said, free to move on from stuff that does not, but the eclectic group of wonderful people here should not change or restrict their posting habits to some narrow view of what this site ought to be.

This site is an evolving beast, just enjoy being a part of it, as much or as little as you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit