Is this a forum for JW issues or a poorly designed political and celebrity site?

by Band on the Run 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Band on the Run: I have enjoyed your posts and will miss them if you choose to leave. If we are on this site, it most likely means we are hurting and we all have that in common. Even the stupid or mean posts show how much we hurt and need to be here to find some sort of comfort.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Some people just want to chill out here and chat. You do realize that you do not need to read fluff threads if you do not find them interesting? Just ignore them; don't click on them.

It really is that simple.

And by the way, some people find what you call "drivel" interesting, entertaining, and/or funny. There's no need to be insulting.

• Quentin
    Quentin

What's a dirty martini? Coo-coo-cachew, I am the Walrus....

Geez, didn't relize you were a snob. There are others of your ilk on the board. Go root them out like a hog does with their snout while rooting round for acorns. Even a blind hog can find an acorn now and again. Then get togather and have a posting fest. If that will make you feel better.

Amazing how much milage you got out of this topic, four pages, not bad. Where's Minimus when you need that red walking talking button? Or, did I miss him?

By the way, it's ok to be a snob, we don't mind.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I value education. I value social clubs. NY, Paris and San Francisco are my preferred cities. This does not make me a snob. Reverse snobbery exists and I will not dumb down. These are my preferences which I freely own. It is up to God to judge me, not strangers on the Internet. Liking the above things does not mean I do not have respect for those with other gifts.

If I valued conformity, I'd still be a Witness. There is a meaness here that extends beyond my merit or demerits. Are some of you shallow that you can not tolerate a divergent view? The worse thing someone could say of me was that I was a good German. No one here knows my life or my heart. I never posted nastiness on any thread that is posted here.

Not agreeing with someone, backing up credibility with credentials, does not make me a monster. Rather, the meaness is purely juvenile. I am a threat to no one. If you hate me, why give me so much power that I don't possess?

• Violia
    Violia

I don't know about the other posters but it feels like you must be reading our own PR . Try and get over yourself and join the human race. There are some very educated posters on this board,- you are just one of them. A lot of us went to college after leaving the Borg- me included. You should be proud to have achieved something, now do something for the human race. You have experiences that could help a lot of jws if you weren't so haughty. Maybe you should write a book and tell us what you have learned . That could help us all and you too. Join the other posters who have more education and ability and DO SOMETHING instead of saying ' I'm a lawyer" ( TMZ joke) Dog patch ,Farkel, Leolia, Lady Lee, Barbara Anderson Alan F and so many others, including several folks who have written books are on this board. Yes they have more education than the average poster and they are using it to help us all. I have never felt Lady Lee was a snob, nor Barbara. Farkel can be a butt head at times but most of us throw him slack b/c he is extremely brilliant. Bill Bowen put his entire life on the line to help victims of molestation. This may not be your cup of tea, but since you are a lawyer, is there some way you can help us all in our battle against the wts? Can you do what Grace Gough does? Please think about this as you do have the ability to help others as well as yourself. if you have something to post do it, and share with us what you know. That is what Barbara Anderson does. Don't see her on the chit chat threads, but she is a respected poster here b/c she is out there trying to help us all.

BTW, I'll read any book you write b/c I know you have something to say that could benefit us all if you just step off your pedestal.
    This may not be your best place to chit chat. Maybe a board for lawyers.

Otherwise you come across as slumming.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am slumming, for the most part. You make a lot of patently false assumptions. Objectively, I will bet heavy money that I have done more for the poor and oppressed than almost anyone. You do not know me. And I am feeding a troll which shows how much practical knowledge a law degree provides.

What have you done for the poor, the homeless, prisoners? I've devoted hundreds and hundreds of hours. But that will hurt your fragile ego too. won't it?

This site can do without me. Healthy debate is one thing. Differing opinions might exist. Plain meaness is no excuse -.

Jehovah's Witnesses is a disease. Certain people must be predisposed to it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Wow.

Just wow.

Syl

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I have no doubts whatsoever about the importance of academic qualifications, having acutely felt the lack thereof in my own field - i.e. electrical engineering.

(Unfortunately, most of my knowledge and expertise has been picked up by experience, in which Murphy's Law No.7 played a major role: "Experience gained is in direct proportion to the amount of equipment destroyed!")

I am, though, puzzled by those who seem to equate "dumbing down" with humility. It seems to me much like trying to class religion and ethics as the same thing.

At different times, I have been privileged to work with some very highly qualified persons. Despite their impressive qualifications in electrical engineering, these individuals did not attempt to overawe the rest of us by flaunting their academic achievements at every opportunity. Rather, they commanded great respect by both being the persons that they were, and by the excellent quality of the work that they turned out.

Conversely, the only engineer that ever tried to bully the rest of us with his (supposed!) status turned out to in actual fact be rather ordinary - both in qualifications and ability. (Not to mention being a right #$%& as a person!).

Bill.

• Violia
    Violia

Thank you for helping the poor and homeless. Goodness is it's own reward.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I am slumming, for the most part. You make a lot of patently false assumptions. Objectively, I will bet heavy money that I have done more for the poor and oppressed than almost anyone. You do not know me. And I am feeding a troll which shows how much practical knowledge a law degree provides.

What have you done for the poor, the homeless, prisoners? I've devoted hundreds and hundreds of hours. But that will hurt your fragile ego too. won't it?

We have a saying were I come from, "BFD". I'll let you work out what it means

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit