Are You Raising An Introvert?

by darth frosty 172 Replies latest jw friends

• warehouse
    warehouse

jgnat, thanks for the reference! I have to get that, and the book Quiet that Xanthippe is reading as well

• darth frosty
  • tornapart
    tornapart

That bottom hamster ball on no1. is exactly how it feels for me with my extrovert sister! LOL

• warehouse
    warehouse

a watcher wrote:

I refuse some privileges because it would mean too much contact with others. CAs and RCs are uncomfortable for me, but I go to encourage my friends.

I know exactly how you feel. I've refused privileges for almost the same reason. I can't bear to hear my name announced from the platform, and just thinking about the congratulatory phase afterwards makes me feel like someone is scraping their nails down a chalkboard. Also, when I ask the elders, "what convinces you that I have holy spirit operating upon me" they can't seem to enunciate an appropriate answer, or if I ask "what do you think I can work on?" they say, "oh wow, nothing, you're doing great", which is epic lies because EVERYONE has something they can work on or improve.

CA and RC/DC are daunting for me. Thankfully I am a brother, and usually I am in an assignment, so I can hang around in an office or a department and take cover during the sensory-overload social hours. Talks are great because one person is speaking at a time, which allows me great reflection time, and I can zone out if the speaker starts parroting hearsay or otherwise engaging in unobjective organizational suppositions.

• warehouse
    warehouse

darth,

lol, along with tornapart's comment, the very last caption made me lol! Also, now that I think about it, Picard is an introvert, and Kirk is an extrovert, which is why when asked which one, I always pick Picard. Ha, makes sense!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Thanks for bringing back this discussion. I've always been highly introverted, and sometimes being in a crowd feels like being nibbled to death by ducks. Too much input, it makes me tired. But, I like people and like being around them. I'm occasionally misunderstood -- people think I'm stand-offish or arrogant, but I'm just quiet and prone to leave groups earlier than anyone else.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'm glad we live in bothe an age of enlightenment and meme's!

and the greatest person you can be to an introvert

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The last pic is a very good point. Do not point out that an introvert is being quiet. For God's sake, please stop doing that to us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVOPvCGRaA

• mynameislame
  • darth frosty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit