by darth frosty 172 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Are You Raising An Introvert?

I'm not sure. He won't talk to me.

Farkel

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

When I was eight years old, I felt very grown up and could read and write fluently. Although I had gone from door-to-door many times with both mother and father, it was now time for me to be groomed for my life’s work. I was to be trained in the art of door-to-door evangelising, known as Field Ministry. The idea was rather frightening, as I was shy and my parents had told me that I was introverted. I had no idea what this meant but from the grave look on their faces, I guessed it was not good.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Another introvert here! INTP on myers brigg.

The ministry was hell for me.

• umadevi
    umadevi

bump.

Introvert here. Thanks for the article. Very informative.

• Aware!
    Aware!

I had seen this thread before but forgot about it until now. I'm also an introvert, and it makes it so hard to be a JW (still in). Meetings are okay, but assemblies are hard on me; I dread to think about spending nine hours in a crowded and loud place. Thanks for the article.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

Thanks for the bump. I, too, am of the introvert class. Maybe I'll be a great leader someday!

FM

• talesin
    talesin

I'm real big on symbiotic vs. parasitic relationships, you surround yourself with too many people and it is almost impossible to control that sort of thing (and you get a parasitic person on you and they will make you feel literally physically tired). I think that is why introverts feel drained in social settings, a room full of parasites and everybody leaves full, but if you are not the type of cat that feeds on others energy or even requires that and you are in a room full of feeders, you become food.

[font change, etc. mine]

Well said! I had realized the first point quite some time ago, but your analogy carried forward, just hit me like a ton of bricks. Excellent point, darth frosty. It's funny, if I'm in a room full of symbiotic people, I feel energized, fed .

t

• talesin
    talesin

I went to see an artisit several weeks ago. For many years, his books, music, and poetry have held a lot of meaning for me. This was a spoken word tour, and was at an arts-centre venue, small with great acoustics. The man, a microphone, and conversational stream for 2 hrs 40 minutes. He didn't even drink a glass of water. We laughed out loud, silent tears were pouring down cheeks at the pure reality of someone's life experiences. This is not motivational speaking - it is pure, from the heart/gut telling of one's experiences and viewpoint of .... stuff. I left that gathering brimming with so many thoughts and feelings, and with hope and for once, proud to be a human on this planet ... as an example ..

so if we choose to avoid those gatherings,, with the feeders (you know, they suck you of all your energy), we can find those of a different kind, nurturing.

tx again.

• Vanderhoven7
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Bump

bumping this because I know I might be meeting new folks in Tahoe and I want y'all to know if I'm not talking that much it's because:

1. I may not know what to say and feel I really don't have anything to contribute to the conversation at the moment

2. I've gone into observation mode

3. I'm a little overwhelmed and being quiet to center myself

4. My mind is in overdrive.

I like meeting new people but it takes a while for me to warm up. To some it seems I'm being aloof but that's not the case. I just need a little time to get my bearings.

I'm an introvert.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit