Is everyone on here disassociated??

by happi2b 87 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

Does anyone else see another train wreck coming!!!!!!

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome, Happy2b!

I'm a non-jw who has family in. I've also studied with two jw ladies. I'd like to call them friends, because they really are as pleasant and honest as anyone I know. However, they limit their contact with me, because I haven't made the progress that they had hoped for.

I have also had a spiritual experience which has greatly helped me to cope with some difficult times in my life. I also want to live by my conscience and dedicate myself to doing what God wants.

My difficulty with the studies was that the material is simply incorrect. I cannot believe that any higher entity or power really wants me to offer misleading information to people and call it "truth".

"Make certain of all things" as the bible says, and I hope you find the right way for you.

Retro

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Jehovah's Witnesses are "narrow", but between the ears if I can be a little tart. By that, I mean the Organization's current scriptural interpretation is all that matters to Jehovah's Witnesses. Follow it, and you'll be on the road to Paradise. Never mind about the past, and never mind when today's interpretation changes. No one else in the whole wide world speaks the Truth, to a true Jehovah's Witness. And, only those people following Jehovah and His Organization will make it into Paradise. The rest are going to be bird food. If you don't follow the Organization, then you don't follow Jehovah God, says the true Jehovah's Witness. Remember as I posted before, the Organization speaks for Jehovah. Deserving posted that many on this board don't believe in God. I think what Deserving meant, is that most don't believe in the Organization and its edicts.

This is a non-judgmental, foreign feature film about a Jehovah's Witness family "To Verdener" (Worlds Apart). The scene posted below illustrates Deserving's thinking. In it, a worldly guy finds out his love interest is a Jehovah's Witness, and that she has not spoken to her brother becuase he is disfellowshipped for reading a book,and he is questioning her on her beleif that the road is narrow and many innocent people will die at Jehovah's hands. If this clip does not come through, please someone else post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnPhQ5lKmc&feature=related

Worlds Apart/To Verdener-- Mall scene

caleb31588 29 videos Subscribe Alert iconSubscribed Sign In or Sign Up now! Loading... Alert icon Upgrade to Flash Player 10 for improved playback performance. Upgrade Now or More Info. close 173 views Like Add to Share Embed Loading... Sign In or Sign Up now! Alert icon This feature is not available right now. Please try again later. Short URL Email orkut tumblr. Blogger Myspace hi5 Live Spaces Bebo StumbleUpon

Uploaded by caleb31588 on Dec 9, 2010

I know many on this Board believes in God. There are some that believe in other religions. There are a few that think we're part of a program, subject to a huge computer programmer in the sky. There are a fair number who don't believe in any religion or God. We are on our spiritual journey. We evolve. We form new opinions. We change. We do all so, with research, both inside and outside this board. We each come to our own conscience and our own spirituality. As both you and Deserving must do.

Skeeter

• Gayle
    Gayle

even if sometimes there is some lies within it,,

great you have the hontesty of heart to recognize that and call that what it is

if you get baptized, you will not have the freedom of expression to speak like that to the elders, or you will be in big time trouble

• sizemik
    sizemik

Train wreck indeed! . . . between Brother dan, Deservingone26, and Happi2b . . . bit like Huey, Duey, and Louie trying to gang-tackle the Dallas Cowboys . . . and the players took the field . . . .

Luvonyall - MS

• looloo
    looloo

i used to feel just like you when i was a study , i thought my new "friends " were great ! funny how i never saw them for dust when i found out one of thems husband had raped and abused my 13 year old daughter ! of course i involved the police unlike all the jws that knew for years he was an abuser but obviously didnt want to" bring shame on jehovahs name " by reporting him .not one of them contacted me to say sorry after the court case was over , but im sure a very few would have done if they had been "allowed " by their fruits you shall know them !!!!!!!they are not gods representatives i can assure you ! i could write a book ! god looks at hearts im sure not religions that people just happen to belong to , im sure you have a good heart , good luck in your search for truth x im an ex study not raised in the cult and im married to a disfellowshipped man and we have a 7 year old daughter together whos grandparents and aunties and uncles dont bother with ! how christian ! and what a fine "witness" to my child !!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Happi2b - please read "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz and "Captives of a Concept" by Don Cameron.

Also look at

www.jwfacts.com

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Everyone who studies with witnesses believes in God and tries to serve God, this isn't a surprise!!! JWs just tell you, that you're not serving God correctly so you have to serve God the WTS way, no shock there. They sell you the idea of paradise earth and all the wonderful things you can do with your life under Jesus' government.... As you buy into this BS, they only show you few scriptures from various places which they tie into the idea that paradise earth is what bible teaches and what Jesus taught. Fact is, Jesus never taught paradise earth. Nowhere do you find Jesus pointing to living forever on paradise earth! Now, they show you how wrong hellfire is and trinity, they use some misquotes to show that even scientists support God's creation. Now that you're convinced you want to live forever on earth they tell you that Jesus already returned in 1914 and that wts pointed to 1914 for 40 years prior to that event. Well, you are convinced now that this MUST be God's organization because after all WW1 started and we all know the signs of Matthew 24. No point of looking anywhere else for truth as this must be it!!!

Well, maybe you should look at the facts of 1914. Russell taught 1914 was the end and not the beginning. They taught for over50 years that Jesus returned in 1874 and preached that to the nations. 2520 years Russell used to calculate 1914 was based on totally different numbers that wts uses today. And yet as a witness you have no right to speak against this teaching or any other teaching or you will be kicked out for apostasy. Research 607BC date for the fall of Jerusalem. GB still hold onto 1914 because they claim they were chosen in 1919 by Jesus which is based on 1914 but I'm sure even that date will eventually be changed or eliminated altogether.

Once you dig deeper, you realize that wts had more skeletons in their closet in 130 years of their existence than many others within the same time frame. So truth it is not. Deception at best. Once you research the bible itself you realize that it's a bunch of stories where many were written after the fact, prophesies in revelations are used by anyone to support their ideas. There are moral teachings in the bible but I'm sure you'll also find similar ones in the Hindu or Muslim writings. There is no support for bible Jesus outside of the NT writings. The list goes on and on.

Check out jwfacts.com site and do some research. Many of us stopped believing in god of the bible or any god. Problem with many df witnesses is they still believe the vomit taught by wts and they pass this to their kids without knowing the actual facts. So do yourself a favor and examine the history of wts doctrine and think why they've changed the teachings when they did which will give you a better understanding how new light comes to be - and that has nothing to do with holy spirit.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

You asked about changes in doctrine. There are many. See www.freeminds.org/doctrine/changes for several articles.

Defining the "Generation" has consistently changed as Armegheddon doesn't arrive as planned. This is big, because the Generation teaching is core to the Watch Tower's doctrines of End of Times urgency.

Watchtower Baptismal Question Change

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/chronology/this-generation-teaching-changes-for-6th-time-in-april-15-2010-watchtower.html Prediction of Armegheddon has changed., Baptismal oath has changed, College changed, and now back to a harder stance.......it goes on & on

Blood, organ donation has all flip flopped. See www.ajwrb.org. Basically, all blood products are now allowed...including hemoglobin. So much, it equals a whole unit of blood if added back together. Organ transplants are now allowed. Blood saving machines are now allowed.

Remember, Jesus Christ picked the Watch Tower in 1914. Back then, they believed in Christmas, holidays, birthdays, smoking, blood transfusions, etc. Boy, Jesus couldn't have picked a better organization. They have changed everything since then, and continue to do so at whim.

...just too much has changed.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Happy:

If I get baptized I'm dedicating my life to Jehovah my God not to the organization!

Actually, you need to check that out. The questions you are asked at the time of your baptism:

1. Have you repented of your sins?

2. The second question involves dedicating yourself to the organization, not Jehovah God.

They changed the second question about 20+ years ago. When I was baptised, I dedicated myself to Jehovah. 25 years later, when my son was baptised, he dedicated himself to the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit