Is everyone on here disassociated??

by happi2b 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

happy,

you seem like a very kind open minded person and hold no judgements against others which is admirarable. do you pay attention to the pictures in the literiture you read, maybe take a look at some older books and focus on the message the pictures are trying to give the reader. in fact put put any close family members and non jw friends in the place of the lawless, drug abusing,thieving, rebellious ones pictured. does that sound like a loving thing to request?

i dont mean to be harsh but those pictures are precisely the way the jw's look at ANY non witnesses and you will eventually start to lose your wonderfull optimism and fall in to the same line of thinking the books expect you to adopt. remember any who are not jw's will be killed no exceptions.

it would be ashame to lose your current thinking without fully understanding the indoctrination process you are attempting

peace to you,

EA

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

As someone mentioned above, are you really willing to let your 1 yr old baby die for this cult?

Look into that beautiful little face and tell him/her if he ever gets seriously hurt and needs a blood transfusion, you will faithfully follow the Governing Body and let him die.

Something that affected me negatively when I was a child was knowing my mother and father would without a doubt kill me or allow me to die.

I always remembered the story of Abraham ready to kill his son as a sacrifice to god. I always knew my father would be willing to kill me too. Do you want your child growing up knowing you too would be willing to do this?

I watched my uncle lie in a hospital bed and die a slow death instead of receiving a blood transfusion. My ex-husband's mother bled to death in the hospital with a stomach ulcer because she would not accept a blood transfusion.

By the way, I successfully faded 3 decades ago when I was about 30. My father died 2 yrs ago believing to his last breath that he would never die because that's what the Watchtower organization had been telling him since he was a child. He was born in 1914. My mother sees Armageddon in every thunderstorm, tornado, earthquake, etc. It is very sad to watch a doomsday or End Time cult control your family.

• simon17
    simon17

Happy, one 2nd thought, maybe its not a bad idea to stay with the witnesses and use their mind-control, peer-pressure, and other tactics to give up your addiction to smoking. Then quit. If there is one thing the JW's, like any hard-core religion, are good at is getting people to break off destructive, life-altering habits. Sometimes you need the "fear of God" to stop something like that.

• paladin
    paladin

I wish to apologize regarding my last sentence on this thread. What I wanted to say was no rest for the living. I have a high respect for any family who has lost a loved one or friend. I seem to get off topic on this forum at times and I will correct this problem.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The movie clip I posted is from a feature film. It is my understanding,the film won some awards and had a few US showings in theatres. I saw the full-length movie, with English subtitles, on my Comcast "On Demand". The movie is cut-up into smaller chunks and on Youtube. I can honestly say that it shows both the good and bad of the Jehovah's Witness religion, all without judgement.

"Worlds Apart (Original title:To verdener) is a 2008Danish drama directed by Niels Arden Oplev and written by Oplev and Steen Bille. The film stars Rosalinde Mynster and Pilou Asbæk. Based upon a true story, the film is about a 17-year-old Jehovah's Witness girl who struggles to reconcile her faith and her secret romance with a non-believer boy. Worlds Apart played at the 2008 Berlin International Film Festival and was submitted by Denmark for the 2009 Academy Award for Best Foreign Film."

Skeeter

• pirata
    pirata

I am an active JW. Glad to have you here and hope you stick around!

Remember, if it's the truth, it can stand up to criticism, debate and discussion.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@pirata- you wrote:

<<Remember, if it's the truth, it can stand up to criticism, debate and discussion. >>

True, and also : TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE. If something is true it will not be "refined" or changed.

• troubledfiancee
    troubledfiancee

Happy,

I am not a JW and never have been. I am currently having at-home bible studies w/ an Elder from the local congregation.

I know this thread is full of a lot of advice and warnings, and that you must be feeling a bit confused. I'll try not to add too much to the confusion you're experiencing, but I would very strongly recomend that you read these two articles:

http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/mind-control/the-watchtower-indoctrination-process-a-psychological-and-sociological-examination.html

http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/mind-control/a-study-of-the-persuasion-techniques-used-by-jehovahs-witnesses-and-the-watchtower.html

As some of the others have said, it is very important that you take a step back, critically examine your situation from both sides and make an truly informed decision, becuase it will affect the rest of your life. You've been with these JW's for a while, so ask them to respect your space for a while and examine this from both sides.

Best of Luck-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit