Is everyone on here disassociated??

by happi2b 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

hello happy,

maybe a couple of small tests of your friends loyalty would help settle some questions.

1. tell your study conductor you need a break for awhile just to see if they will respect your wishes.

2. ask if you resume your study can you use only the bible and no outside literiture.

3. actually do comprehensive research of the society from both perspectives.

if you still are convinced you have found the truth then realize your freedom to visit a website such as this will not be tolerated by the loving org you are giving your life to and will be subject to a quick removal from the religion.

anyway, welcome

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Happy,

When this thread runs its course within the next few days, print it out or save the link, and hide it somewhere safe. Then do whatever you plan to do or go where your conscience leads you. But if you become a full-time baptized JW, I guarantee that some day you will be very sorry you made that choice.

But if that is your choice, then in five years pull this thread out of your "hidy-hole" and read it again. See how you feel about your choice then. See who was telling the truth. See if you still enjoy going to meetings, especially Watchtower studies. See how door-to-door service actually works out and how much you enjoy it. Think back at how much time you spent actually talking to people at their doors, as opposed to just driving around, stopping for coffee, waiting in the car while one of your carpool mates goes on a "go-back" or return visit. See how many people will want to study the Watchtower books with you, and how long those that agree to do so will agree to continue to study with you. (Average number of weekly studies before they stop inviting you over? 3 or 4 times is typical.)

Yes, read this thread. One thing I can be absolutely sure of is that you will someday regret your choice to become a baptized JW. You may not say that to your family or JW friends because you will be afraid to that, or even admit it to us - but in your heart you will saying to yourself, "Those posters on JWN warned me. What the hell was I thinking?"

Live a life of love and freedom. Don't become a slave to the Watchtower Publishing Corporation.

JV

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

D to the MF'ing A.

• maksym
    maksym

There is no such thing as disfellowshipped, dissasociated, apostate, inactive, weak, irregular, or otherwise. In general these "labels" are construed to be categories to place people in by an "organisation" under its unique guidelines. All this is an illusion of an intimate socialogical reality imposed upon you, only as long as you BELIEVE IT.

I am an ex Watchtower Bible and Tract Corporation member, nothing more nothing less. I was a jehovah's witness in relgious title (capitalision omitted purposely). Now I am......fill in the blank.

I am not disfellowshipped

I am not disassociated.

I am not an apostate.

I am not inactive.

I have a new identity. The old is forever destroyed. I carry with me no theologies, dogma, doctrine, precedures, ideologies, sociological, or political concerns with my former group affiliation.

Peace

Maksym

• jam
    jam

Ex- Elder, out since 1985...

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm inactive. Not disfellowshipped, not disassociated. My family views me as an apostate. My brother won't fucking talk to me. My mom maintains contact with me only because my dad will divorce her if she chooses to shun me.

Yep, such a loving religion isn't it?

Good luck!

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Welcome Happi2be - I am in fact disassociated - a choice I made because of doctrinal errors becoming evident to me and because of the fact research into the 607 BCE view as the date of destruction for Jerusalem proved it to be point blank wrong! A marvelous book to read is The Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl Olof Jonnson - buy it if you can afford to do so - you will never regret the purchase. It is filled with marvelous Bible research that will prove helpful whether you decide to join or not join the WTS -

or if your Bible Study Teachers object to exposing yourself to both sides of an issue saying he has been disfellowshipped treat yourself to finding out just how a genuine Christian making a true search for truth handles himself inspite of being rejected for lovingly presenting his exquisite and painstaking research he had done to the Governing Body for their consideration. It was never his desire to be disfellowshipped nor to leave Jehovah and Jesus Christ - only to answer a Bible Student's question as to why the WTS chooses 607 over the accepted and established date of 587 BCE for the destruction of Jerusalem. You will find this book a real treat.

But if you prefer to heed their restrictions upon your search and investigative process then another book I can recommend to you that does not cause any trespassing of the boundaries being established for you by the WTS (not written by an apostate, disfellowshipped, or diassociated individual) but rather utilizing only quoted material from WTS publications and journals collected together by Edmond C. Gruss, an excellent researcher, entitled Jehovah's Witnesses - Their Claims, Doctrinal Changes and Prophetic Speculation, What does the record show? You owe it to yourself to obtain a copy of this magnificent work also and will undoubtedly want to own it personally especially should you join up so you will be abreast of what the latest correct positions on various doctrines are. You will quickly avail yourself of much information that will most likely put you in a more knowledgeable position than even the lovely sincere dedicated people studying with you.

One of my favorite threads that I have recently discovered right here on this site is one posted by Jonathan Dough. I wish I knew how to move his site to this spot so you could just click on it for your perusal but I am not yet very computer literate so maybe one of the more versatile contributors can do that for me in a future post. Wishing you many blessings in your future investigations. Salty

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Okay here goes - I think if you try typing in 144000.110mb.com/607 in your search bar you will find the lovely material I was trying to tell you about. At least that worked for me.

• happi2b
    happi2b

You guys are wondeful really :)

I enjoy our conversation! Actually I have brought up some of these things to my teacher and so far I have liked her responses to them and they seem logical but yes a true test of her friendship with me would be to tell her I need a break etc. I will be taking all your comments into consideration! As I am still a smoker I will not be getting baptized, joining the TMS, or even be approved for service for awhile cause I just can't seem to give up my addiction lol. I do find that the conventions, assemblies, and meetings are very enjoyable! Afterwards I always seem to feel much better like a weight has been lifted. I completely understand how some of you may feel the way you do, but as for now I am still enoying my time with JW's. I did actually tell my teacher I was on here (not what site) and was told by her and another JW friend that I should stop coming here cause of apostates and such. Now I could see where maybe I could be influenced in a way that would have me drop my studies like a brick from the empire state building but I really enjoy hearing the different opinions and people are good even if they oppose WTS. IDK I do know I'm not leaving this site for good anytime soon!!

On another note I haven't really had much time to spend checking out this site to the full as I work full time. T_T I did do some reading from an anointed which was very troubling. Sooo I yet again asked my teacher about such a subject and she told me that I would in fact be questioned on the matter if I ever claimed to be of the anointed class which I don't understand why. Can't they just take my word for it?? Like you've seen me coming and if I am doing something that I am not supposed to be doing is that not between me and Jehovah alone? As people change opinions change, more research comes to light, bla bla bla, etc., so I could understand the WTS making mistakes on the date of when Jesus took his place at God's right hand cause nobody really could know that other than God. And as for doctrinal changes, the bible is a tricky book and at times I find it confusing so I could understand them making mistakes on that too. Nobody is perfect not even the GB.

As for disagreeing with them getting me in trouble, I was told I would be in trouble if after it was explained to me their reasoning for the situation I still fought them on it. I know the scriptures say to prove true what I'm being taught so for the most part I try to question things and make them work for my agreement with them ^_- Also I do still believe this to be God's organization because the bible says he would appoint men to shepherd the flock and to feed them. And it also says that the word would be preached in all the inhabited earth and JW's are the only one's out there in 235 lands preaching the good news of God's kingdom. If it was not from God that they did these things then would it not die out?

I'm sorry my opinions differ from the majority of people here and I'm more so sorry that most of you have had bad experiences with the organization. But can you really blame it as a whole just for some of it being corrupt? I believe my friends are my friends and as long as I was not disfellowshipped or apostate that they would still talk to me, maybe not about spiritual things, but still would come visit and go to lunch with me and help out in any way they could. I do not think that after I become baptized things will change other then the fact I will be responsible for following the guidelines set before me which really is not that big of a deal to me. So I go out in service, conduct bible studies, attend the meetings, listen to the GB, don't associate with 'bad association', and don't look into other religions. If I believe this to be truth why would I look into anything else?

That's all for tonight I'm so exhausted and have to get up with my 1 yr old daughter early in the morning! Hope to talk with you all again tomorrow really enjoyed talking with you! Leave some more comments letting me know what you think cause it's refreshing to enjoy the company of those whose opinions differ from mine!

Happi2b

• Highlander
    Highlander

JWs are not the only cult that preaches throughout the world. Ever hear of the Mormons?

Remember, people don't join cults, cults recruit people.

Your 1 year old daughter deserves better than being raised in a dangerous mind control cult. In the jw cult, if you or your child ever requires a medical procedure that involves the use of blood, you will be expected to abstain from a potentially life saving procedure.

Are you willing to commit suicide for a cult? Are you willing to murder your 1 year old daughter for a cult?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit