Is everyone on here disassociated??

by happi2b 87 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Let's not forget we also have the Messiah and couple prophets of doom here as well :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    do believe what is being taught is truth even if sometimes there is some lies within it.....Happi2b

Truth with Lies..

This is going to be Interesting..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• scarredforlife
    scarredforlife
    do believe what is being taught is truth even if sometimes there is some lies within it.....Happi2b

Happi2b, You do realize this makes no sense , don't you? Step back and think about what you are doing and saying.

• happi2b
    happi2b

In every true statement there is always a lie, in every lie there is always a hint of truth.

I do believe some things may not be handled correctly and everyhwere in this world there is hipocrasy but the people I've met in the association are very honest and do to the best of their abilities try to live by bible standards and is that not what we as believers in God and in his son supposed to be doing? I read some posts from an annointed and it was very troubling how she was treated and I think that there is always a need for reproving especially among the Elders and MS so that there is the fewest amount of unfair treatment towards members.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

hello and welcome...as a study you are getting the 'love' part of the organisation and possibly are fooled into thinking that this is God's organisation...?

You owe it to yourself to do an awful lot of research before you commit to baptism...

Loz x

• unshackled
    unshackled

happi2b....before you get in too deep, PLEASE take some time and do some reading on this site. Really read and think about it. Once you're IN, it is a life-altering decision that can't easily be reversed. You owe it to yourself to look into it further.

• blondie
    blondie

Out for 10 years, neither da'd or df'd...I guess the WTS would say I am "inactive."

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I just stop going.

Oh and about you going back. Usually I would say to do your homework first but after reading more of your posts all I have to say is... KNOCK YOURSELF OUT!

lol

• sizemik
    sizemik

The people who make up rank and file JW's are generally good honest nice people . . . most of the people I meet everyday are . . . you need to concentrate on TRUTH and LIES . . . not the people who have been lied to.

If you're looking for reasons to disregard the lies . . . may I suggest reading threads started by Brother dan and Deservingone26 . . . could save us all a lot of time . . . if that doesn't appear familiar to you, by all means hang around, tell your story and ask any questions you like . . . most of us are nice people too.

Luvonyall - MS

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Ah, I see. You are having a "honeymoon" if you will. Everyone is treating you very nicely. That must be a wonderful feeling. I remember some very nice, humble people. There are wonderful Jehovah' s Wiitnesses, as there are wonderful people in all walks of life. When someone is being recruited, Jehovah's Witnesses are told to be extra nice to the person. They will even do them favors, such as fixing a car or watching children. All, for free, of course. They will come by your home just to visit, and will offer you rides to the Kingdom Hall. You may be invited to get-togethers or lunches afterwards. You may find yourself with an instant community. As a side note, they are counting all the time spent with you to make their field ministry hours.

After a while, 6 months of studying, they will be pushing you to accept more of the faith. Perhaps it is to come to the meetings. If that has been done, then it will be to come to all the meetings. If that has been accomplished, then it will be to start in the Kingdom Ministry work. The ultimate goal will be to have you baptised as a Jehovah's Witness.

Once you become baptised, they will cool slightly. This is to make sure you are in it for Jehovah and not the current relationships and perks. Funny, but the favors do pretty much stop after baptism.

What does baptism means? Ask to see the baptism questions. One question will be your affirmation that you accept the Watch Tower organization. It is not a private baptism between you and Jehovah God. Instead, it is a three-part affair, with the Watch Tower as Jehovah's earthly Organization. You will learn that the Organization (aka the "Governing Body") speacks for Jehovah/Jesus. This will be very subtle in the literature. Watch out for it, and you'll see it. But, it will be subtly pounded to you that the Organization and its current scriptural interpretation is like Jehovah/Jesus. Therefore, you will learn that you can't disagree with the Organization. To disagree with the Organization is to disagree with Jehovah. The Organization allows no critism or even "running ahead" of it.

In fact, try disagreeing on a point. Or, begin to do your own research. Say, you start looking up quoted sources and find the Watch Tower frequently misquotes. There is one publication, "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, and the Tort of Misrepresentation". It goes through misquotes of doctors. I believer there is a current thread on this site, about a misquote of a scientist in an upcoming publication. There are numerous threads of the many misquotes by Bethel's writing department. It happens alot.

Add to that, people have researched the tenants, found that Jehovah changes alot, Jehovah flip flops, Jehovah allows extreme abuse in his congregations, Jehovah has made many false predictions, and Jehovah's policies apply to his followers but not to his Organization (see United Nations, etc.)

I "dare" you to bring this up to either your study conductor, elder, or...if you are a thrill seeker, in the general meeting. You see, no one disagrees with the Organization. If you disagree and are vocal about it, you will be called in for elder meetings and eventually disfellowshipped for making rifts in the Congregation. At this point, you haven't "sinned", but have chosen to exercise your freedom of conscience. You will see your fellow, formerly warm Jehovah's Witnesses, cool towards you.

Once you become a Jehovah's Witness, you are not allowed to investigate other religions. Don't go near a Christian bookstore or be found at Barnes and Noble in the religion section. You are a Jehovah's Witness and you are not allowed to "go outside" this religion. Start visiting another church, and you'll be called into elder's meetings and likely disfellowshpped. There is no freedom of religion once entrapped.

The elders will try to convince you that the "problems" you see are made by one man, not Jehovah's Organization. Say, you find a pedophile in the group. We all know that Society does not condone a pedophiles' actions of molesting a child, right? In fact, the Organization abhores any such child abuse. It appears to be just one bad man, and Jehovah is said to deal with him. You are not to speard rumors of the pedophile (again, making rifts)

Once you are disfellowshipped, you new best friends will turn ice cold. I am talking your family, your friends, your employer. No one from Jehovah's Witness land will lend you a hand or speak with you. They will cross the road when you come. You are contaminated vermon. If you are employed by a JW, you will be fired. If you marry a JW, there will be tremendous strains on your relationship. Many on this board have had their spouses divorce them for exercising their freedom of religion and thought. If you have Jehovah's Witness children, they will shun you and never let you see your grandchildren.

What I am trying to say, is that you are entering an extremely conditional relationship with fellow Jehovah's Witnesses. There is no way out unscathed, once you become a baptised member. But, it feels great now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit