looky looky - A 'real' J-dub forum! (are they becoming normal???)

by Reality79 164 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

If you did not enter the song numbers, song title, and scripture field above, you will instantly be denied membership.

Good grief! Have you ever known a more wearisome group of people? I feel bad for them.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Are you serious?!! It's interesting how the distinction is made between what a single sister and a married sister can demonstrate. What was the rationale for this question?

Well, married sisters are getting their brains f****d out. Single sisters are all still virgins and would have some brain cells for which to interpret scriptures! But, single sisters don't want to appear head strong, for fear of alienating the men (and boys) who they must submit to.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    But, single sisters don't want to appear head strong, for fear of alienating the men (and boys) who they must submit to.

And that is why I figured I would not "land" a good JW husband. My feeling was, why should I have to downplay my intelligence and accomplishments so that he can feel like a man?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Nowhere do they say who they actually are and what happens to the proceeds! I am a lawyer. If I were representing the society, I'd would like the tie to key words such as "publisher" and New World Translation. As if door to door is not enough, now we have to play it. Oh, what fun. Maybe the Society will get a court injunction or recover proceeds.

Someone did not see a lawyer when they made a business plan. How long has this been out?

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

From Outlaw:

"We seek to maintain an upbuilding, entertaining, safe, open, and intellectually stimulating environment, where mature Christians can exercise their 'God given' freeness of speech."

Upbuilding: for a clone

Entertaining: OK, I'll give them this one

Safe: Are there pedophiles on the board?

Open: To post on the board you have to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses who is an active publisher. Sounds like a very closed board to me as opposed to here where anyone can sign up.

Intellectually stimulating environment: There can be no intellectual conversations when membership is limited to a very narrow "yes man" group.

Reopened Mind

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "One of the threads is; "Is it proper for a single sister to demonstrate some spiritual knowledge" ..."

Ay yi yi yi yi!!!!

Unbe-frikkin-lievable!!!!

I'll have to check this out - though, from reading others' posts, it seems I won't be able to actually READ any of the posts on the site - just the thread titles...

The JWs are like a buncha scared rabbits...

Zid

[Edited....]

Hi, WasBlind!! I sent you a PM!! [waves!]

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    Mid-week Songs*: Enter the 3 song numbers we'll sing at the next mid-week meeting.
    Sunday Song Title*: What's the TITLE of the last song after the next Watchtower Study?
    Based on?*: What scripture is that song based on?

Just a few more questions to help us determine if you qualify for membership...
    What year in history did the events in Revelation 12:7-9 take place?
    According to the Bible, who is your leader?
    What is the title of the book we primarily use to conduct home Bible Studies?
    What is the name of the book you receive when you become an unbaptized publisher of the good news? (not when you join the Theocratic Ministry School)
    What was the theme of last years District Convention?
    Name one or two of the new publications that were released at that convention.

LOL, I would love a membership on this forum!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Just a few more questions to help us determine if you qualify for membership...

Sounds like a job for Google...

No, wait. Rather than spread their "critical" message at the speed of light 1 , Jehovah's Witnesses spread their message at the speed of manually driving from house to house and knocking on each invididual door. They've made it so difficult to access their message/information that it really would require some effort to get this. I would have to manually ask a JW on Facebook.

I'm sure someone will post the answers here, and then Google will index them. Then they'll have to come up with all new secret questions!

Enter the 3 song numbers we'll sing at the next mid-week meeting.

It's like being in Little Orphan Annie's Fan Club. Everybody get your decoder Watchtower's out! Shhhhh.. We're in a secret club!

- Lime

1 The Internet, networked extensively over optical-fiber.

• AiAi
    AiAi

Can someone post all of the answers? I want to check it out lol

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmmmm....

Aiai's comment set me thinking...

Do any of our currently 'active', "meeting-attending" faders feel like obtaining the correct answers for the "JWTalk" site's entrance "exam" [how ironic for a group that's against higher education... ] and announcing ONLY that they have the correct answers - and that we can PM them for the info???

Then we can ALL pile onto the site...

Ain't I a stinker???

Uh... DON'T tell Simon!!

Disclaimer: This may not be one of my best ideas...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit