Are JWs the worst restaurant customers?

by Alfred 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Don't be silly! There's no point in tipping dirty, filthy worldly people who will just be birdfood at armageddon. The money is better spent on gas for the car to go out in field circus.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    In general I have observed JWs whose income level is anywhere from affluent to middle class (yes, they exist) leaving good tip.....OpenMind

Yes there are JW`s who know how to behave in a restaurant..

I find it`s the more Fanatical JW`s,who leave Retarted Tips of WBT$ Literature or don`t tip at all..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Man, I thought you guys were kidding. Leaving a magazine as a tip?

I haven't noticed this, probably because it's usually me who picks up the tab. When it's been otherwise I have noticed that cash is not used, always credit cards, so I never know how large a tip has been left, if any. If the Witness picking up the tab is of modest means, as is often the case, I'll hold back as everyone is leaving and throw a bill or two on the table, especially if I eat in the same restaurant from time to time. It's my reputation, too. I have also offered to leave the tip when it's me who's being treated, which has more than once been accepted.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Man, I thought you guys were kidding. Leaving a magazine as a tip?.....Nickolas

Hey Nickolas..

It`s True..

The WBT$/JW Culture is exceptionally Socially Retarded..

Most have No Idea of how Socially Backward they are,until they leave the WBT$..

• wasblind
    wasblind

" But, they grew these people themselves "

Yep, not only are people discouraged from higher education that could lead to well paying jobs

they are encouraged to cut their work hours at the jobs they have for the preachin' work,

which most are at minimum wage, the result is non tipping JW's

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    " But, they grew these people themselves "

WBT$/JW Turnips in the Field Service..

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there Nick,

the JW's that I ate with used Credit not debit, It makes you wonder how much

debt the sheep are in, I wonder If Jehovah would approve of them goin' into

debt just to spead the word, maybe they can tell their creditors that they will get paid

when this system ends

• nugget
    nugget

I remember one occasion when we went to a restaurant to celebrate an engagement. Some people did not want to leave a tip at all and made a big fuss, they also underpaid for their meal. In the end my husband paid the balance meaning ours was the most expensive night out. At least we know we are welcome back there any time whereas the rest would be shown the door. It was embarrassing to find out half the party hadn't considered paying a tip when the service had been fautless.

I remember numerous nights out spoilt with this meaness and was surprised to come accross this thread and realise that it is common.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

I used to feel sooo bad for the wait staff. It was a weekly tradition: After meeting, "See you at Applebee's!" It was usually the broke 20-something pioneers who spent what was left of their 2 days' payroll and stayed for hours and hours while only ordering water and sharing a few appetizers. The best was when we'd get there at 9:45, ask for a table that can seat 12-15 and then have the poor gal wait to take our order after 10 PM so we can take advantage of the Late Nite $2.99 Specials. And then people would bitch about the "minimum gratiuity" automatically added for parties larger than 10. I am honestly and sincerely embarrassed when I think back at those days. What did it in for me was when an elder approached me privately to convey that a sister was "concerned" that I was observed ordering a (single) dry gin martini "every week." I was floored! "Yes, Dario, there's certainly nothing wrong with that, but, do you need one? EVERY week?" My brother and our guy friends finally wised up and started going to sports bars after meetings on our own and ditching the rest. And we always tipped well. I'd I could have as many martinis as I wanted!

Related Topic:

We have an amazing supermarket in town. After their grand opening a few years ago, they would have fantastic "free samples" in their deli area and this was something they wanted to do permanently to attract business. I remember staying in the car during pioneer service breaks when the gals in my group insisted on stopping in--sometimes twice a day--and loading up on those free samples. That always bothered me a lot. The supermarket finally said something to one of us in passing and they stopped offering the samples soon after.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Dario,

Those sisters were showin' that supermarket how the Buzzards

were goin' to pick the worldy people clean in the new system

Even though there are some well to do JW's, for the most part

this cult breeds well dressed beggars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit