Are JWs the worst restaurant customers?

by Alfred 124 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

So would a compulsory national minimum wage be considered "unAmerican"?

• Mikado
    Mikado

in Australia there is a definate no tipiping culture. I have only tipped in Europe and aouth East Asia, where the levels of wealth are so vastly different. but thats totally optional and never expected. I resent that employers can choose not to pay a minimum wage, and expect the customer to do so... it's somewhat of a sore topic in Australia.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"She also mentioned that she especially dreads “Memorial” night because 35 or so JWs would suddenly show up at 9PM (when the restaurant is cleaning up just prior to closing for the day) and the restaurant employees would practically have to re-arrange the entire restaurant (only to set it up again for the next day)."

Poor restaurant - guests are coming!

In my area, due to too many restaurants hunting for the same small number of possible guests, restaurants would be shouting for joy if a bunch of 30-40 people came in. The problem of "too many guests" would hardly be understood.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

One congregation I was in for a few years, I would call the restaurant we all went to after the Memorial, the day before to let them know a group of 30+ would be coming. There were a few that dud not tip, or did so poorly. My brother and I checked with the head waitress, (our sister) she said everything was good.

But I have been around many other jw's that were horrible, as guests, tippers, demanding, and messy! I want be caught with a bunch like that a second time!

I managed fast food restaurant's years ago. I hated any and all church groups. Demanding, loud, took up most if the restaurant from 8pm till closing, left such a mess, it took at least an hour longer just to get tge lobby cleaned and set back up!

Dwain

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I resent that employers can choose not to pay a minimum wage, and expect the customer to do so...

Um, you're paying it either way... the money to pay someone minimum wage doesn't materialize out of thin air.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I didn't read all the comments, but JW's are impatient & cheap...when they walk into a restuarant they want to be served asap. Remember they are a part of God's only organization...& guess what ? it has gone to their heads...Yet, they say, we are known by our love, conduct & dress...They are petty little kids that are dressed up in adult costumes. Ever check them out at the literature counter....you may stand there waiting for your lit. but in a minute one of them is going to jump in front of you....or the other is that they get into a conversation with a brother & so glad to talk to someone....that you can't even talk to the brother to get a little ole tract...I wouldn't say they are the worst, they are a part of human beings that are rude & mean spirited....& let's not forget cheap...that's why they want a new earth...so the whinners can stop complaining..

Legacy

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Legacy... Well put...

• Calebs Airplane
  • nugget
    nugget

We once went to a restaurant to celebrate the engagement of a witness couple. Because of the large number present we were seated at two tables. The waiters were exemplary the service was above reproach but at the end of the meal one table left without paying any gratuity and at our table the parents of the girl refused to pay the service fee. As a result my husband ended up paying the gratuity for the other table and the deficit on ours which amounted to a huge amount for one person to carry. We were not rich by any means and had budgeted for the night out but not for the extra burden. Many of those invited by comparison were well off but misers to the core. The service fee was compulsory for parties over 10 people, it was a reasonable charge and there was no reason to with hold it. Paying gratuities for 20 people soon mounts up. At least I know we are welcome back at the restaurant.

I always hated going out with witnesses and the splitting of bills because the amount never talied and no one saw the need to pay a tip.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Ugh... I just witnessed yet another display of embarrassing awkwardness in a restaurant today. Dubs are seriously f**ked up and have no clue how things work outside of the KingDumb Hell... I would describe it in detail, but its the same old strange stuff already mentioned in this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit