Are JWs the worst restaurant customers?

by Alfred 124 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Why leave a big tip?

Geez don't you know that armageddon may come right after they leave the restaurant and so it doesn't matter!!

clarity with TIC!

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Jamie,

Some poeple have no shame. Did they fill their pockets and purses with napkins and sugar packets, too? That restaurant needs a new sign: "Restrooms for use by paying customers only".

• carla
    carla

There is a wt that says jw's are supposed to tip according to what is normal in that area. Maybe someone can find it, I would but my jw is hanging around so..... anyway, I had to print it out once to show someone that jw's were just being bad customers and evidently NOT listening to their god the fds in NY.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Carla:

It's generally in copies of Kingdom Ministry yearly instructions prior to the DC.

CC

• jam
    jam

This topic have been discuss before , please correct me

if I am wrong. But I remerber someone mention that JW,s

left magazines for tips. If so, that,s cheap, cheap, cheap.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There are 2 Sets of Rules in the WBT$..The Written and the UnWritten..

If there is a discrepancy,the UnWritten rule..RULES..

Written..Leave a Tip..

UnWritten..The best Tip to leave,is WBT$ Literature..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has to remind jws to tip every year.

*** km 5/81 pp. 4-5 1981 “Kingdom Loyalty” District Conventions ***The insert in the May 1980 issue of OurKingdomService provided good direction on the matter of tipping. It is not against Christian principles to express appreciation in this way for personal services rendered by others. (Luke 10:7) Although this is a personal matter, to neglect doing so where it is expected may cast unfavorable reflections upon Jehovah’s people. To illustrate: The manager of a motel who cooperated with the convention personnel and arranged for many of our brothers and sisters to stay in his facility expressed concern over a problem that developed. The waitresses in his employ had told him that they did not want to wait on Jehovah’s Witnesses as they left no tips. On one occasion, a party of Jehovah’s Witnesses arrived just before the restaurant was to close. Arrangements were made for this group to sit together and be served, despite the fact that the workers had to stay after closing time to do so. It was reported that the only tip left was a copy of a pocket-size book that was released earlier that week at the convention. While so-called fast-food eating establishments do not provide waiter service and no tipping is involved, in restaurants where such service is provided it is left to the brothers to consider leaving a tip where this is the local custom.

• jam
    jam

outlaw; Why not , the most valuable, priceless and precious

tip one can leave, the mags. Hell they can take that home and

feed the kids. How loving..Makes me sick.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    While so-called fast-food eating establishments do not provide waiter service and no tipping is involved,
    in restaurants where such service is provided it is left to the brothers to consider
    leaving a tip where this is the local custom.

The WBT$ makes Tipping a conscience matter.. ? ..So JW`s Leave WBT$ Literature as a Tip..LOL!!..

The Unwritten WBT$ Rule..Will Always Rule..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Open mind
    Open mind

*** km 4/07 p. 5 Follow the Christ by Manifesting Dignity ***
    Restaurants: In many places, it is customary to leave a 15 to 20 percent tip, depending on the service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit