Are JWs the worst restaurant customers?

by Alfred 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

I remember one ultra-cheap JW who requested a cup of hot water, then dropped in a tea bag he brought with him.

• Free!!
    Free!!

I have been reading this thread and all i can say is "all it sounds so familiar!!"

I remember when I was still in we use to go to this chinese buffet right after the meeting (Sunday's was at 9am) and this JW couple, who are loaded by the way, would take FULL advantage of the oisters bars, to the point of eating 3 full trays between the 2 of them... until one day the chinese lady came over to them and told them "thanks for your visit, now please leave!" she literally scorted them out the door!!! i was mortified!

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I remember at a Convention in Lousiville, KY there was a newspaper article that said "The Jehovah's Witnesses came to town this weekend with the Ten Commandments and twenty dollar bills and didn't break any of them." They brought it out during the Sunday session and said to remember to tip your housekeepers and wait staff.

• Alfred
    Alfred

shamelessly bumping just because it's memorial night...

• Diest
    Diest

Tipping is very regional. Growing up in a resort town I got to see how that played out. I could see in our computer system exactly where people were from, and certain groups of people tend to be poor tippers. Lets just say I never got a got a good tip from anyone whos home adress was in boca rattan. Texans were fairly good tippers, but the rest of the south werent that great.

If you know the service industry code word for one group...."Canadians" are not the best tippers.(No not real canadians).

• finally awake
    finally awake

In Illinois, minimum wage is $8 per hour, but waitstaff only gets $4.80. There is no way to support yourself on less than 10k per year, so tips are critically important to the waitstaff. If you can't afford to tip, eat at places where the staff is paid the full minimum wage.

• Calebs Airplane
  • cofty
    cofty

15% is a generous tip for good service in the UK. Everybody gets paid no less than national minimum wage.

Why do American employers get away with not paying their staff properly?

• Gopher
    Gopher

: Why do American employers get away with not paying their staff properly?

The better employers don't, the ones who are seeking to build a high-quality reputation by attracting the best people. But other employers screw their employees over because THEY CAN.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't know if this Q&A was given earlier on this thread (I didn't read the whole thing).

Q: What's the difference between a JW and a canoe?

A: The canoe is much more likely to tip!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit