The impossible delusion of evolution

by brotherdan 172 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You act as if evolotionists don't have a problem with the fossil record. It's their number 1 problem. Evolutionist Derek Ager once wrote: "The point emerges that if we examine the fossil record in detail, whether at the level of orders or of species, we find-over and over again-not gradual evolution, but the sudden explosion of one group at the expense of another." Another evolutionist Mark Czarnecki also said: "A major problem in proving the theory has been the fossil record; the imprints of vanished species preserved in the Earth's geological formations. This record has never revealed traces of Darwin's hypothetical intermediate variants - instead species appear and disappear abruptly, and this anomaly has fueled the creationist argument that each species was created by God."

You're own evolutionists honestly see the problems in Darwinism. But you act as though it's something that has already been resolved.

• cofty
    cofty

Dan are you familiar with the debate regarding "punctuated equilibrium?

There is a great deal to still be discovered about evolution. How much can be credited to natural selection and how much to other mechanisms for example. Scientist do not disagree about the fact of evolution however. All living things descended from a common ancestor, this is not in dispute in science. Ager is an example of a scientist who is fed up with creationists distorting his words to try to make it sound otherwise.

I have never seen a thread with so much abuse of quotations.

• bohm
    bohm

cofty, you didnt happend to wake up with pasta stuck all over your body one morning?

• whereami
    whereami

BD you need to stop reading the WTS publications on this.

What you're saying is almost verbatim to what the WT has published in it's latest anti science/evolution publication.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Dan

If you are going to put in quotes from obscure people please look in detail the context from which they are drawn. The quotes you are looking at are debating punctuated equilibrium - evolution occuring through rapid phases of change with prolonged periods of stability. Not sure where the punctuated equilibrium lobby sits at the moment but always made some sense to me. I think the evidence does not support it well. But it is not a theory that disagrees with evolution but tries to explain how it may happen

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/quotes/mine/part1-2.html#quote26

• cofty
    cofty

Hail the all-knowing FSM!

• unshackled
    unshackled

I have never seen a thread with so much abuse of quotations.

I have never seen a thread with so much abuse of known facts.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Brother Dan, I love how simple it is for you.

Darwin's theories were not perfect: Therefore the God of the Bible.

Not all evolutionists agree on everything: Therefore the God of the Bible.

It is impossible to absolutely 100% prove anything or disprove anything that happened in prehistory: Therefore the God of the Bible.

People of all faiths have had "experiences" of faith, but Brother Dan had them while believeing the God of the Bible is the one true god: Therefore the God of the Bible.

• mrsjones5
  • bohm
    bohm

BD, once more

• do you understand the argument dembski is advancing?
    • have you read and understood any of dembskis puplished scientific work?
    • Do you believe the argument to be correct, ie. is the argument one of the reasons evolution is an "impossible delusion"?

rather than going off on a tangent about how silly us atheists are, it would be nice to get a clear answer to those questions which seem quite fundamental.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit