The impossible delusion of evolution

by brotherdan 172 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

Frosty that was a crazy video! She's totally mentally ill it sucks! At least she seems to be having fun though.

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Here's the thing...even if there was a 'god' who invented life in some way, why does it automatically follow that they deserve worship? Does any other inventor demand worship from their invention? Warm and fuzzy feelings are not evidence of a god and there is zero evidence that any kind of higher being is directly involved with anything, either in the past or in the present.

I have another quote for you: "The best feeling in the world isn't falling in love, but falling out of love with someone who never loved you."

People keep trying to perform endless mental gymnastics to prove to themselves that a wonderful god loves them when the reality is that not only does he not love you, he was never real to begin with.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I agree poopsiecakes. I feel this is the problem with xtians...some like witnesses have a my god can beat yours attitude. They relish looking down their nose on those they deem are going to hell while claiming to worship a god of love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iClejS8vWjo

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I believe we are dearly loved by the Creator. When we die and are on the other side of the veil, we are received like the Prodigal Son. We have our full blown past life memories. We review our most recent life and it is determined which life lessons we need to work on the most in the next incarnation. Then, like a mother bird tosses her chicks out when it's time for them to fly, we are sent out into the world, without hope of any overt divine intervention. Our free will would be violated if we were communicated with directly. We agree to this before we come and we know what the deal is, and in fact we are eager to go, because we love humanity and we wish to help the human race to evolve and end suffering. In lieu of the apparent "silence" from heaven, we are sent subtle messages from our Higher Self through dreams and synchronicities that attempt to nudge us in the right direction. In the meantime, we have many of those "eli, eli, lama sabachthani" moments.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Thanks, ProdigalSon, you just put into words the kind of mental gymnastics I'm talking about...

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well, you gotta admit, it's a better explanation than the Bible offers!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

How about just admitting that we're born, we live and we die. Period. Same as the foliage and fish and all the other mammals. It doesn't diminish our species in any way whatsoever, but it just is. Love with your heart, enjoy the little things, retain your childish joy in life and get through the difficult bits. There's no need for a belief in an invisible being to do all of that...

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

If that satisfies you poopsiecakes, I am truly very happy for you. I mean that with no sarcasm at all. For me though, it just doesn't work. I need to know why I'm here. Animals and fish and plants cannot contemplate the repercussions of their actions, but we can.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Maybe that's a question that can never be answered and fretting over it takes away from the life you could be living. There really is nothing as freeing and dare I say, happifying (lol), than realizing that and letting go. It's scary to think about, but not scary at all in reality...

• unshackled
    unshackled

Perhaps the evolution of human consciousness is something we're still grappling with. A tiger by the tail so to speak. NO ONE can possibly know why we're here or why. I want to know, and spend far too much time on it too.

My dog seems to be just too blissfull...he sleeps, eats, shits, and loves walks...but doesn't waste any time wondering "why am I here?". He just IS. Poopsie is on to that same thing...we CAN'T know, at least yet...but it may come. In the meantime, rest your endlessly cycling brain and enjoy. Just BE.

I do admit that sounds utterly Buddhist...but I consider that philosophy, not religion.

And, if only I could take my own advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit