The impossible delusion of evolution

by brotherdan 172 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

if its an unfair question to ask you if you understand your own argument please say so.

• mindseye
    mindseye

That's a funny cartoon mrsjones!

This is a fight BroDan probably regrets picking. Like most creation/evolution debates, it is evident that the scientific facts outpace tired arguments and pseudoscience. Most of BroDan's arguments are recycled creationist/WTS points that have been debunked a million time over.

The fossil/genetic evidence for evolution is now overwhelming.

BroDan, equating belief in evolution with atheism is a fallacy as well. You can believe in a higher power and/or have spirituality while recognizing the scientific evidence for evolution. The two are not always mutually exclusive.

Also, your stereotype of atheists as misdirected lost souls is laughable as well. The atheists I know are some of the most content people I know. You can have purpose without believing in a divine being.

Seriously, BroDan, some of your posts rely on so many tired arguments I am wondering if they aren't satire, like the Colbert Report.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

In my experience, atheists love Dawkins.

And whats your experience? I am an atheist and I dont love him.... But I think he is awesome... Regardless that answer doesnt answer my question

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Even if you can disprove evolution, Dan, it is still a huge leap of faith from intelligent design to the manic depressive creator god of the OT.

If you are going to prove your chosen cult's god is really going to burn my arse forever in hell, you are going to have to come up with something more kosher than deliberately misleading quotes from a 159 year old book.

The Watchtower taught you well. Even when you leave, you still use their tactics to avoid confronting the real issue ... Is the Bible really the Word of God?

You are trying to make the debate, atheists against creationists, when it is really just a diversion.

Have you been pulling this same stunt on your wife?

Chris

• cofty
    cofty

Ouch!

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Brotherdan, stop this before you become ridiculous and/or boring.

• bohm
    bohm

BD seem to be MIA..

• cofty
    cofty

Gone to do some more quote mining.

• Millions
    Millions

What I always find slightly amusing is that people who believe in God, end up scratching around for facts to back up their beliefs, or at least to stick in the face of the non-believers.

The inherent nature of belief is surely that it is something one is so certain of that it doesn't matter what anyone or anything seems to indicate to the contrary, you still believe it.

I like apples and I don't like oranges, but it doesn't make me want to smash all oranges into pulp. I just don't buy them.

• mrquik
    mrquik

To quote the WOPPER "Why don't we play a nice game of chess?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit