The impossible delusion of evolution

by brotherdan 172 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

BD, its kind of funny you can accept an argument as gospel truth because it support your position, but when i make a counter-point, you can dismiss it because you dont understand the ideas behind the argument you just accepted yourself, or simply ignore it.

it is allmost as if the criteria on which you choose to accept or dismiss arguments is if they agree with how you want the world to work, not how true it is....

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Your argument only goes in circles and is not based on common sense. I dismiss your claim that "information" is a overly complicated concept and that it came about by randomness. You have tried to prove your point about information, and it does not make sense to me. It's a fail as far as I am concerned. That is why I don't argue with your nonsense.

• poor places
    poor places

Brother D,

Just because evolution doesn't explain how life started, it doesn't mean the whole theory is false. No one claims that evolution explains how life started.

Also, if you read about the evidence for evolution, I'm sure you'll find it convincing. I knew very little about the theory until I started reading about it recently, and the fossil and genetic evidence seem pretty rock solid.

• cofty
    cofty

Dan, "Intelligent design" is just another chapter in the long history of "god of the gaps" arguments.

Even Isaac Newton used god to fill the gaps he couldn't figure out. Why the planets are all on the same plane in their path around the sun puzzled him, he figured out lots of other stuff but this fact looked like design to him. Of course now we know why planets all form on the same plane, its to do with spinning cooling gas etc.

Later it was the design of the eye that got creationists all indignant about their clever designer but we worked that out as well, and pointed out that the human eye isn't all that good after all.

Now its cell biology and creationists are investing a lot of hope in biologists not working out how things like the bacterial flagella evolved. Its a short-term refuge for god.

The claim that the flagellum and the blood-clotting cascade are irreducibly complex has already been debunked. Here is a link to an article called "Type III secretion systems and bacterial flagella: Insights into their function from structural similarities" published on the website of the National Academy of Science. It shows the similarity between the flagellum and a much simpler system used by bacterium to infect cells they attack.

The scientists who wrote it spend their time pushing back the limits of human knowlede as opposed to parasites like Behe who feed off the gaps in scientific knowledge.

• bohm
    bohm

Your argument only goes in circles and is not based on common sense.

do you understand dembskis papers?

• bohm
    bohm

You have tried to prove your point about information, and it does not make sense to me. It's a fail as far as I am concerned. That is why I don't argue with your nonsense.

lol, you dont understand elementary information theory so any argument based on it can be dismissed as nonsense. except if it support your position, in which case, BOOM evolutionists!

thats simply golden....

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    the fossil and genetic evidence seem pretty rock solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsJmBevvR0Y

• cofty
    cofty

Dan if you have really understood the issues why not present your positive arguments for design in your own words instead of posting videos?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That is why I don't argue with your nonsense.

So why start this thread?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I have many time cofty. Everyone knows where I stand on intelligent design.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit