The impossible delusion of evolution

by brotherdan 172 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poor places
    poor places

Dan,

I'm no evolution expert, but I've read books which have illustrations and explanations contrary to what the man in your video is saying. If you haven't read a book on the evidence FOR evolution yet, I'd recommend doing so. The evidence is there. You don't have to agree with it, but it's there.

• cofty
    cofty

I have many time cofty

I don't believe you have Dan. I used to feel just as strongly about it as you but then I realised that I had got all my anti-evolution info from creationists.

Why not tell us in your own words the one thing that overwhelmingly makes you doubt the common ancestry of all living things?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    So why start this thread?

To show the impossibility of atheism. It's virtually impossible for there NOT to be an intelligent designer. It's also interesting to see the sad state that atheists are in.

No hope. No future. No direction. Just a few years of life and then...nothing. Six feet under forever.

I know they don't want my pity, but I pity them all anyway. The joys of Gods word and the effects that He can have in their life may never be seen. And that's sad. Even those, like you MrsJones, that seem to believe in God have no concern about His word and have lost their faith because of the WTS. Most of you all deny that it was the WTS's fault and say it is only based on evidence. It saddens me how little faith some of you have.

• cofty
    cofty

Dan you remind me of me about 6 years ago

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm not an atheist but I can believe in the possibility of evolution...I don't fear the theory nor do I believe that giving credence to the theory means that there is no God and somehow that I am denying whatever faith I have.

I see no point for this topic other than to demonize folks who don't believe as you do Dan.

• poor places
    poor places

If you haven't explored both sides of the topic in at least some depth, there's no reason to put one side down. You have to listen to both sides. It's really as simple as that.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"When I was a babe, I used to speak as a babe, to think as a babe, to reason as a babe; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a babe." 1 Corinthians 13:11

This scripture applies, I think. I'll leave it to the individual reader to apply it as you see fit.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Romans 1:20

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

It does not make any sense that this universe could come into existance without an intelligent designer. Atheists have a problem with the beginning because the believe in an effect without a cause. The Big Bang, if the theory is correct, could not have randomly happened on its own without a cause. So your question is nonsense. You might as well say "What evidence could ever be presented that could change your mind about your belief in gravity". It's a nonsense question

Guess the answer is no then. How sad. I think you need to read a few good biology books to understand just what a mess 'creation' is from a biological perspective and how it could be 'designed' so much better.

Randomness is at the heart of the universe. Read a good book on quantum theory. Bugger to understand but that is fine. It works because if it didn't I couldn't use my mobile phone. Theists tend to confuse their inability to understand complex evidence with an absence of evidence. So despite the enormous weight of evidence that evolution occurs, you either ignore it or don't understand it.

You might as well say "What evidence could ever be presented that could change your mind about your belief in gravity". It's a nonsense

question.

Apples floating upwards back onto the trees. Before gravitational theory (note the word theory even though it is an accepted fact) people believed that it was god that kept the moon in the sky. God now exists as the causer of the big bang. We may never understand how or why the big bang happened. Doesn't mean that god made it happen. I will never understand how my TV works but do not attribute the fact I am now watching it to god.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Dan you remind me of me about 6 years ago

He reminds me of himself about 6 months ago. So much for learning and progress.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Cofty,

Darwin said: "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."

I agree with that. He also said ""Not one change of species into another is on record....we cannot prove that a single species has been changed."

If evolution was supported by real facts, then we would HAVE to see transitional forms now and in the past. We don't. We don't see any evidence at all to support the idea that one species evolved into another species. Instead we very clearly see well defined and fully formed species which reproduce according to their own kind, just like Genesis said.

If we attempt to cross breed species, what happens? If we cross a donkey with a female horse, we get a mule. That's it.

Contrary to what mainstream science likes to claim, not all palaeontologists share the evolutionary view. Dr Etheridge who is a palaeontologist at the British Museum in London once wrote: "Nine tenths of the talk of evolution is sheer nonsense, not founded on observation and wholly unsupported by facts. This museum is full of proofs of the utter falsity of their views. In all this great museum there is not one particle of evidence of the transmutation of species."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit