Jehovah Bled For YOU - To Receive YOUR Punishment (the wages of sin)

by Perry 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

No morality, no sin.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Perry,

Here is one JW response to the passages quoted;

Did cults edit these translations too?

....."and their eyes will be turned to the one who was wounded by their hands: and they will be weeping for him as for an only son, and their grief for him will be bitter, like the grief of one sorrowing for his oldest son. --- Zechariah 12:10, The Bible in Basic English.

"They will look at the one whom they stabed to death, and they will mourn for him like those who mourn for an only child. --- Good News Translation.

"when they look on the one whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn. --- New Revised Standard

And Acts 20:28

28 So keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock which the Holy Spirit has placed in your care. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he made his own through the blood of his Son. --- Good News Translation.

28 Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God which he obtained with the blood of his own Son. --- Revised Standard Version

Vander

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

What would any religious discussion board be without a fire and brimstone evangelist Christian...... thanks Perry for reminding us all that the truth sets us free.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Designs

Yes, seriously.

Isa 45:

18 For thus saith Jehovah that created the heavens, the God that formed the earth and made it, that established it and created it not a waste, that formed it to be inhabited: I am Jehovah; and there is none else.
    19 I have not spoken in secret, in a place of the land of darkness; I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I, Jehovah, speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.
    20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that carry the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
    21 Declare ye, and bring it forth; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath showed this from ancient time? who hath declared it of old? have not I, Jehovah? and there is no God else besides me, a just God and a Saviour; there is none besides me.
    22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.
    23 By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Phi 2:

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

• Perry
    Perry

Did cults edit these translations too?

There are now thousands of translations. The NWT should teach us not to trust without investigation. Personally, I keep it simple. The Textus Receptus is what I accept as the preserved word of God.

PSon

fire and brimstone evangelist Christian...... thanks Perry for reminding us all that the truth sets us free.

You are welcome. Here's a partial list of what I've been set free from:

fear

sin

domination of men

domination of religion

drinking

drug addiction

lonliness

bachelorhood

no children

poverty

depression

anger

Peace with God is awesome! Here's what some other ex-Jw's have been set free from as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhbwwe0nn1I

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Perry: He [Jesus] lives inside of me, guides me, loves on me, blesses me and chastises me sometimes.

Ok, I think I see the source of the confusion: Is this Jesus the Jewish carpenter? or Jesus the Mexican gardener?

And if you're enjoying an intimate relationship with Jesus, are you aware you're in a polygamous relationship? Because from what I hear, he gets around more than Tiger Woods. Lots of experiences being told out there.

But, seriously, Perry, what do you think is going on with folks who have beliefs that contradict your own, yet they're as certain they've experienced Jesus as you are?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If people can maintain faith against available evidence, against what reality says, the more virtuous they are.

What a wonderful world Perry lives in. I refuse to let any religion define any morality of mine as "sin" so I do not need anyone to bleed for me, at least not in some cosmic battle over souls or everlasting life. Luckily for me, it's all a fantasy and I am not wasting my life on a fantasy.

Good luck with that.

• Perry
    Perry
    If people can maintain faith against available evidence

You have evidence that God doesn't exist? That would be a first. Christians have first hand, primary source testimony that Jesus is alive, and lives within them. This is NOT FAITH. This is what we have been saying for 2000 years and will continue to truthfully say, no matter the consequences until he returns.

I refuse to let any religion define any morality of mine as "sin"

On The Way Out,

What about your own violations of character that you have agreed to try to live by? Have you lived up to those? Have you ever judged anyone else for something that you are guilty of doing? In other words, would you agree to allow an all-knowing God judge you according to your own standards instead of his? This is a serious question... I'd really like to know your thoughts.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Watchtower's Kingdom Interlinear at Acts 20:28 reads:

Be you paying attention to selves and to all the flock, in which you the spirit the holy put overseers, to be shepherding the ecclesia of the God, which he reserved for self through the blood of the own (one).

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

A lot of religious zealots come here in search for wounded souls in need of some hot Jesus love. They'd expect us to replace one master with another. They think we are shipwrecked in need of salvation. All religions are crooked: same crap with different toppings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit