Jehovah Bled For YOU - To Receive YOUR Punishment (the wages of sin)

by Perry 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It's not anger Perry, it's love. I'm trying to tell you that we are all One, whether we are in your exclusive Jesus-Jehovah Club or not. Love is the opposite of fear. What you're promoting is the same fear that the Orthodox Church has been promoting for 2,000 years. You can't recognize what I said as love, because you're too busy thinking you have to save everyone by telling them what the consequences will be if they don't do this or that. So you see it as troll bait. That's judgmentalism, exactly what reading the Bible literally teaches a person.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Orthodox Christians have the greatest record of perseverence ever recorded in the history of the world.

Perry, what does that have to do with Designs comment? And what exactly does a record of perseverence prove?

If Muslims have the second greatest record of perseverence does that mean they're next-closest to being right?

Back on topic, Jehovah-Jesus didn't bleed for me and I'm not being - nor will I be - punished for my inherited sinful nature. You've invested a massive chunk of your life researching (and now teaching others) a story that has no roots in reality. The smart thing to do would be cut your losses and find a worthy investment.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Wasn't that Rodney King's lament...... "

Almost, Designs You owe me a new key board I'm LMAO

• designs
    designs

Nature Babies unite.......

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I don't like the idea of ragging on Perry about "his god" being ghoulish. Jehovah or the Christian God aren't any more ghoulish than any other gods, in fact, less so. At least Christianity has refined this "eating of the god" to be one with him to a symbolic act involving red wine and bread. And anyone who kills in the name of Christianity has missed the point that it was a religion that promoted universal brotherhood, not hatred of one's fellow man.

Most of the older gods that human beings worshipped were about blood, blood has always been symbolic of sacrifice and sacrifice is a fundamental aspect of all religion.

The psychological symbolism of blood as sacred is represented by nearly all religion I can think of in some fashion, be it Christian, Jew, Muslim, Pagan, Wiccan, Buddhist, etc.

So, it just demonstrates that you're ignorant of psychological symbolism when you say that the Christian God is particularly bloody. All gods demand sacrifice, and there seems to be something in the human psyche that longs to sacrifice to a god, be it literally or symbolically, or it wouldn't have been going on since humans were human.

I don't deny that many have died unnecessarily and wrongly in the name of the Christian God, but those where the acts of mislead and power hungry men who merely used what is really a simply philosophy to their own ends. Seems to happen a lot, and not just to Christians.

• designs
    designs

mindmelda-

Some of your observations I agree with- all gods demand sacrifice, kind of spooky and a big red flag but that is human history. As for Christianity being violent, people were acting out exactly what there Leader was implying in his sermons which was My Way or Else. Everybody got that and they marched across this globe descimating cultures in their path with the very clear message of conversion. They weren't misled, that is Christianity. Still is.

• tec
    tec

Designs, you have to ignore a whole lot (just about everything, actually) of Christ's message, to maintain the belief that Christ directed people to go out and kill anyone not like them. But we've been down this road before.

Tammy

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Jehovah predicted that he himself would be pierced.

True, to a point in the sense that the messiah was, and is, God-man, but not only Jehovah, which is the heresy of patripassianism.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/jesus_God_deity_jesus_christ_jehovahs_witnesses.html

No theological issue separates the Jehovah's Witnesses from mainstream Christianity more than the deity of Jesus Christ, whether Jesus was, and is, God. The Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus was not God, that while on earth he was nothing more than a man, and in his pre-incarnate state he was merely a created angel, the archangel Michael. As the websites below and elsewhere, plus two-thousand years of Christian theological studies and commentary provide, the Jehovah's Witnesses teachings are specious, unscriptural and intellectually unfounded.

Denying that Jesus was, and is, God the Son, the third person of the Holy Trinity, and teaching that Jesus Christ is not deity in the highest sense, is perpetuated by the Watchtower Society to a large extent by disingenuous misinformation propagated by the Society and a fundamental lack of understanding with respect to the Trinity doctrine.

The Jehovah's Witnesses essentially teach a form of Arianism whereby Jesus is considered to have been only a creature and inferior in every way to God. This false teaching was resoundly condemned as heresy by the Church in the 4th century. The other distortion, among many put forth by the Jehovah's Witnesses, is referred to as the great heresy of patripassianism. The Jehovah's Witnesses persist in preaching (incorrectly) that mainstream Christians believe that God the Father took the form of Jesus the man on earth, becoming a creature, and that the Father became the suffering incarnate Son. But this is not proper Christology, it does not reflect mainstream Christian thought, and it seriously misstates the doctrine of the Trinity which underlies the very essence of Jesus Christ and the triune nature of God Almighty, that God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Christ is deity.

The Jehovahs Witnesses' lack of understanding can be traced to their inability to grasp the concept of the hypostatic union, that Jesus Christ was God-Man, fully God and fully man, a divine person who assumed a human nature. As mentioned, the Jehovahs Witnesses preach, incorrectly, that trinitarian Christians (virtualy all Christians) teach that the created humanity of Jesus, the creature, is God Almighty; but that is false and the heresy of patripassianism. Mainstream Christianity - the overwhelming majority of Catholic and Protestant churches - teaches that: "The humanity of Christ is a creature, it is not God” (Catholic Encyclopedia, p. 922). This principle alone unravels the Jehovah's Witnesses' entire argument in their attempt to contravene mainstream Christian theology in this regard.

Jesus Christ is God-Man, not simply one or the other. Complex issues related to whether Jesus is God and deity, in what sense Jesus was and is God the Son, and many others are addressed in the websites listed below.

See also: Jesus Christ - Only a Man? The Doctrine of the TrinityJohn 1:1Worshipping JesusWas Pre-Incarnate Jesus the Angel Michael?

• designs
    designs

Tammy-

Yes indeed we have, you'll see it someday. I just know it

You see when the Bishops put in those lovely secquiturs about preaching the Gospel in all the earth 'until The End' and you 'Must Be Born Again' they knew exactly what would happen, and boy is history full of what happened under Christianity.

The Jesus of the NT is a dictator by his own admission and plans on ruining our earth and our civilization. No thanks, been down that road once to often. If he actually shows up during my lifetime I'll stop him from harming my grandson, you can count on it.

• designs
    designs

JD-

The Trinity is farsical theology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit