What Do You Miss About Being An Active JW?

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Nothing

• factfinder
    factfinder

Shelby- thank you so much! You are so kind. Yes, I should pray for faith like I used to do. Thank you so much for your encouraging posts! And thanks also to Tammy. Since giving up the meetings I have just about given up everything but that is not being balanced. I will pray for faith and again I thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts towards me, my Mom and Dad and family. And I don't want to leave out my dear buddy , who while not being very religous, has also tried to encourage me to feel closer to God and not be so angry towards him.

You, Tammy, Syl, Ding, Brother dan and others are helping me to see that I do not have to lose everything because I gave up being a witness. Perhaps I can develop a close relationship with Jehovah again-without the WTS directing it.

Thank you Shelby!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Shelby- you have a pm!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Young hot virgin females acting like they are innocent. LOL! Sorry, that is just me trying to find something cool about those days.

• nugget
    nugget

I miss the certainty. But it was dangerous and had to go.

• AGuest
    AGuest

You are QUITE welcome, dear FactFinder (the greatest of love and peace to you!), though there's nothing to thank me for: I only did what I should do and would want YOU to do for me.

Perhaps I can develop a close relationship with Jehovah again-without the WTS directing it.

Of course, you can! ANYONE can... so long as they go through the Door (John 10:7), who is the Holy One of Israel. He really IS the only Way (John 14:6) into... and thus, before... the MOST Holy.

you have a pm!

Yes, and I have responded. And as I was directed to tell you there, dear one, regarding help with your faith, I tell you here:

"Look to the faith of Martha, who said (when our Lord told her that her brother Lazarus would rise): 'I KNOW he will rise.'"

Yes, she was referring to the resurrection of the last day, but that isn't the point. The point is that she KNEW he would rise - she did NOT DOUBT it. Because that is what faith IS: the ASSURED expectation of the thing hoped for - even the resurrection of our loved ones - though perhaps the evidence has not been seen (beheld) by the faithful one's own eyes. And Martha had faith.

Seeing... is not necessarily believing, dear one. One can NOT see... and yet believe. With God and Christ... NOT seeing, yet believing... receives the reward.

Again, the greatest of love and peace to you... and may the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, grant you the fruit of His [holy] spirit, which is FAITH... by means of the One who gives it, the Holy Spirit and Holy One of Israel, His Son and Christ, my Lord... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... if you so wish it.

YOUR servant... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• tiki
    tiki

Absolutely, positively, categorically NOTHING!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

NOTHING.Realy,life without the dusb in it is a party everyday.Every second of it was a drag for me.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I miss all the meetings with the elders!

I miss being in trouble all the time!

I miss the shunning, and being told u can't see ur siblings!

I miss being told how to feel and think!

dah!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you Shelby! You have a pm! You have been very encouraging to me!

It seems the vast majority posting here had nothing but bad experiences as witnesses or cannot remember any good ones. I'm sorry for everyone who had such bad experiences. I had many bad ones too as I guess that is why we are here instead of still obeying the gb at the kh.

But I have to admit there were good experiences I had many years ago as a JW- so much has changed and not for the good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit