What Do You Miss About Being An Active JW?

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you miss the "friends"?

Do you miss the meetings?

Do you miss field service?

Do you miss the elders?

C'mon. I know you must miss something!

• snowbird
    snowbird

I miss nothing!

My nights and weekends are mine now.

Syl

• james_woods
    james_woods

No, Minimus - nothing.

And I am afraid this thread will prove that hardly anyone misses a thing either.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Do you miss the "friends"? a few

Do you miss the meetings? no way

Do you miss field service? not on your life. . . or mine

Do you miss the elders? not at all since none of them were "friends"

the singing - lol the what?

the sign language interpreting yea I miss that but it has changed since I was doing it.

the studying? is that what that was? I learned what real study was when I went to college

the ex-husband? no way no how

the gullibility? No I grew a brain

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I miss having people giving me shit for having a moustache, wearing a bright tie, or some other disgusting sin I regularly practice. Someone please, please, please abuse me so I can feel normal again!

W

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think i miss the security. I'm not a confident person. Being a JW meant growing up the weird kid in school. I couldn't beat the hell out of those who were assholes, I had to turn the other cheek. But i felt we were examples and had to be.

The security wasn't so much survival as knowing you were doing the right thing.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I miss thinking I knew all the answers.

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting comments!

• journey-on
    journey-on

I miss the subtle stares when you walk into a meeting with a skirt that's just a little too short (not too much, just a little) and you've got a hot new pair of Jimmy Choos on. Priceless! Where else can you get that kind of reaction?!

• AGuest
    AGuest

You know, I had to think a bit about that, dear MiniMan (the greatest of love and peace to you!)... and I actually did come up with one thing: I miss being able to be an encouragement to the single parent, working "sisters", young JWs, and others who always thought they didn't measure up because they couldn't pioneer, weren't married, couldn't "please" their spouse/parents/elders... or were looked down upon by others in the congregation because they were "poor" and didn't have generations of family in or at Bethel... and thus believed themselves unworthy to be loved by "Jehovah." I HATED that... and felt great compassion toward these folks. Because, regardless of what those who "knew" said or thought, I could never imagine how it felt to think I wasn't loved by God.

I mean, I've always known that EVEN IF NO ONE ELSE ON THE PLANET LOVES ME... the Most Holy One of Israel loves me. Me. Shelby A. Not because of anything I've done or could do... but because that is the kind of Person HE is. It is man who falls short in the love department, not God. He loved me before I ever came into existence and for no other reason than that He IS love. I love Him for that... and because He sent His Son, whom I also love, to prove His love... and I love them both for that. For some reason, I've always known this (as to the Father); I learned it personally, through the Son.

My heart aches... and breaks... for ALL of the "lonely" people who think God doesn't care about them. That is a lie.

That was a good question, dear one - thank you for it!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit