What Do You Miss About Being An Active JW?

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I still have tons of beautiful suits and ties. I still buy a lot of suits. I just go 2 pairs of jeans for XMas and I still haven't worn them. I never owned jeans, btw.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I used to miss the showers. Someone was always getting married or having a baby and it was one of the few times we sisters could all get totally silly and let our hair down. Someone would always give a gag gift and we actually talked about things other than WT stuff. You felt like you were a part of The Sistahood.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((FactFinder)))))))

Your brother is wrong.

The resurrections are going to happen, JW teachings notwithstanding.

I get so very upset when I think of the damage JW's are causing with their infernal dogma!

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I still have tons of beautiful suits and ties. I still buy a lot of suits. I just go 2 pairs of jeans for XMas and I still haven't worn them.

Hedonistic sybarite!

Syl

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I don't believe God still loves me, if he ever really did.

Greetings, dear Factfinder... and the greatest of love and peace to you! This thinking, dear one, is the very reason why I am GLAD my Lord set me free... from the Bible and beliefs based on it. Believing that God doesn't love you is almost as destructive to one's faith as believing that God doesn't exist at all is. And guess who/what is the primary proponent of the such thinking (that God doesn't love you)? Religion... like the WTBTS. Indeed, one of their FAVORITE scriptures is the "probably you will be saved" one. Wanna shipwreck someone's faith? Sow doubt. Wanna sow doubt? Undermine their confidence. Wanna undermine their confidence? Make a statement with the words "probably" and "saved" both in them. Classic defeatism tactic ("Why in the world would God save YOU, you unworthy worm!").

God's love does not fail, dear one - it's ours that does. For one another... for Him... and for His Son.

May I give you something to ponder? You may or may not believe the truth of these statements, but if you will allow yourself to ponder them:

"God is love."

"Love... never fails."

There is nothing you can do to make God stop loving YOU, dear one. Rather, it's just the OPPOSITE: you must stop loving HIM. Gog and Magog (those who are ultimately destroyed at Har-Mageddon)... Satan... the Wild Beast and the False Prophet... are destroyed... because THEY stopped loving HIM... which they demonstrated by their attacks on those who did NOT stop loving God. Their choice ultimately forces Him to make a choice: between those who love HIM... and those who don't. The choice is NOT between those HE loves... and those He doesn't.

Some often get their panties in a bunch that the Most Holy One of Israel even has to make this choice - yet, they totally "understand" it when man does, when he steps in to protect the (in his opinion) "righteous." And, yet, that is what God ultimately HAS to do. Because there are those who don't love Him and thus, don't love their fellow man... and so WILL do harm to them. True, such ones could fight and defend themselves, but the PROMISE from their God, the Most Holy One of Israel... is that they don't have to. NO BLOOD will come upon their hands... because HE will take the responsibility for it... FOR them. They are free of any bloodguilt... and He has no one to "answer" to as to HIS actions; there is no one to check HIS hand.

God loves you, dear FactFinder... and don't let anyone... including yourself... tell you different. Instead, try to figure out why it is that YOU no longer love Him. And if it's because of the misleadings of the false christs and false prophets of the WTBTS, consider forgiving Him... because they aren't His fault.

I hope this helps and, again, bid you peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• minimus
    minimus

sybarite---great word!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sybaritic hedonist!

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

louche

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I miss the wild parties the elders would have every few years when we would have the Kingdom Service School, where we would hire a stripper to jump out of the cake for the C.O. and he would break out the cash from the green handshakes and stuff it in her g-string.

I miss the ceremony where we would sacrifice a goat whenever a new elder was appointed to purge the man of all of his secret sins and pass them to the goat, then we would spike the blood with vodka and drink it. It was kind of gross that we would share the same cup for that, though.

I miss those hot-looking sisters who would do "anything" to avoid being disfellowshipped. It was weird with two other men in the room, though.

Okay, back to reality. I miss none of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit