Feb. 15th WT - WT Society says DFed Ones are Lawless- Just Like Demons

by flipper 217 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I've stumped them a couple times w/ questions - they said you don't have to agree w/ everything; you just [need to] know it's the "truth". Yeah, they don't even know what they believe or how to defend it !!! I [may not know...] don't know everything but at least I know [more than] that. ..."

Jeckle's comment... [edited a bit by Zid...]

Excellent point, Jeckle!!

Listener - wow!! I'm sure you're better off now than you would have been as that man's wife... Your story reminds me of a tale I was told [while still in....] about a Circuit Overseer's wife who was ordered by him to CRAWL TO HIM ON HER KNEES in order to show "proper submission ™ "

Yuk!!

May he end up with a woman like me... {EEEEEEEE-vil grin!!}

Zid

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

After reading the posts, all I have to say is DJEgghead is really fooling himself. I feel sad for him when he finally realizes that he will die in this old system after spending his life in service to a man made publishing corporation masquerading as the only true religion.

Egghead, my guess is you realize it already and are trying to convince yourself otherwise. You are kinda overcompensating.

Not to pile on or anything

SIAM

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't have anything to add to Dj's gibberish. But I do want to say that I LOVE this article.

This is the first article that has gotten my wife to say (not to me, but to her mother) that the Watchtower poicy of DF'ing is completely cruel and unbiblical.

I did see ONE thing about DJ's post about 2John. Read 2 John again, DJeggnogg. Where is it talking about disfellowshipping? I see it as talking to people that are PROMOTING sins inside AND outside the congregation.

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

Listener, thank you for sharing your story; it was very touching! Before your father passed away, did he ever say sorry for shunning you?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Stuckinamovement:

"...DJEgghead is really fooling himself. I feel sad for him when he finally realizes that he will die in this old system after spending his life in service to a man made publishing corporation masquerading as the only true religion."

The younger he is the better.

Villabolo

• flipper
    flipper

DJEGGNOG- I find it interesting that you answered or addressed everyone elses posts except my last post to you on pg. 6 . You answered my INITIAL thread, but not my pg. 6 reply to your post. I think you are dodging the issues. Not wanting to address the legal, moral, and ethical problems the WT society has which I put in my post on pg. 6. Perhaps your REAL motive is to shake the confidence of the other posters RESPONDING to my points in order to dissuade them into disbelieving my arguments in my thread. But if you are MAN enough - you will respond to my post on pg. 6 and not cowardly try influencing people away from the main point of the thread.

You stated you WILL NOT watch VILLABOLO's You-tube describing the child abuse problems within the Jehovah's Witnesses . Why won't you watch it ? You aren't SHARING with anything with apostates by watching it. It's a freaking NEWS MEDIA RELEASE for christ's sake. Then you try discrediting the other posters by rambling on with your JW rhetoric . You did mention you were interested in my take on the REST of the WT article I printed. I think it's caca - poopoo to be quite honest with you. Nothing but numbing mind control rhetoric intended to control yourself and 7 million OTHER JW's. I eagerly await your response

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the other responses by the way to the many posters over the last 2 pages ! You ALL are incredibly freaking AWESOME !

LISTENER- I wanted to give a special THANKS ! to you for bearing your soul and sharing such a personal story which I'm sure brought much pain of heart to your life as well as being an incredible learning experience. Your story will assist MANY JW or on the fence lurkers here to see the injustices and heartaches which are caused by judicial committees bent on destroying each JW and their very being. I too waited 9 months one time before hearing a judicial committees verdict on me. Went on blood pressure medicine while I waited. The WT society is really backing psychological terrorism in my opinion. I'm glad you re-connected with your dad before he died. I hope to do the same with my JW adult daughters before MY time comes as well. Take care of yourself- O.K. ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for your comments guys, it was a good thing that I didn't marry him and saw him as he was before then, especially the 'pay back' I recieved but in all fairness it left him a little burnt so maybe he treats his wife with more gentleness.

#123#123 He didn't actually say sorry for shunning, we didn't discuss that but said a few things to express his sadness and openly welcomed me back home. He also discussed spiritual matters with me, one of them being about the Holy Spirit and showed me how I could look it up on the WTBTS CD Rom. My understanding is that if a family member is involved in a family situation they certainly should not be discussing spiritual things. He said that we had lost so many years and at least it was something to be reunited. I wrote a letter to him expressing my feelings when I had returned home. He called me straight away and was weeping, he said he thought I would have hated him so I was able to explain why this couldn't be the case, he told me he loved me dearly too. There were a few things he later shared with me at his bedside, he said I was a good person and it was so sad what had happend. He prepared a letter for each of us kids and included in mine was a comment about sinning against the holy spirit. He said that I had not done this and quoted a fairly recent Watchtower (I really don't know why he said this but it makes me think that at one time he believed I had and this was probably 'new light' on the matter).

One thing I found interesting was that he had always included me equally in his will along with all my brothers and sisters. I know it is only money but the org has never made any 'rules' about it so it was something to see what his own conscience had decided and that would have been to ensure he did what he could do to meet family responsibilities. I mention this because others have made comments that it is not always the case.

There was such games being played with my JW sisters and it was an interesting experience but also left me hurt. They made it clear to me that dad only accepted me back because there had been this 'family necessity' due to him being ill and he wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Flipper thanks for your words of comfort. The emotional trauma things like this can cause is horrendous and for me it lasted many, many years. They are really just 'toying' with many of us. They lack any physcological skills and this leads them to make their own rules which results in serious problems. These rules are outside of biblical backing. For instance, who said a df'd person must wait six months or so to be re-instated? The fruits that they bear from things like this don't affect them, they affect the individual and their family so they remain oblivious to it. How can they actually demonstrate that they are being guided by the Holy Spirit in these matters?

Like others have said - I wish there had been a place like this to come to to help see things in perspective. I was so young and was still learning to 'mature'. I accept that these men are imperfect but there is one main thing that I am angry about.

It is the idea that only a JW can ever have a close relationship with God and Jesus, so when someone leaves they are usually of the mindset that they are automatically cut off. If they valued a persons connection with God then they would be instructing members to try to maintain this rather than promoting themselves as being the 'missing link' that must be obeyed and followed. Rather they should be guiding followers. I also believe that if they were keeping on the watch and preparing for Armageddon then this is how they would prepare their followers and not for them to rely on their headship. Besides if their interpretation of the F&DS is correct they do not know how long this appointment is for and it may end before or during Armageddon and then what have they achieved? There will be a bunch of people that will feel they have no guidance.

Mattew 24: 42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns.

According to them Jesus has already returned and appointed them, but the scripture says he will return again, so when will that third return occur?

• flipper
    flipper

LISTENER- You are welcome my friend. Many of us need a hearing ear and empathy after leaving the JW cult. WT society doesn't have ANY psychological skills in dealing with members as you stated. These men at the top of the organization use the term " imperfection " as an excuse to keep treating JW's in an evil manner. So don't be fooled by their expression. If the GB or prominent members fall into sin it's considered " imperfection " . If a rank and file JW gets DFed or falls into sin - it's considered " evil " . Hang in there. I wish you the best. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

My apologies in advance as I have not read every post. The WTS is always flip flopping and let them continue, they look crazier by the minute. One thing that comes to mind:

The WTS teaches it is our "christian moral obligation" to take care of our family in need. What are we supposed to do when an elderly parent or sick family who is d'fd or da? I know I am there for my family NO matter if they are a JW or not. That will be a very hard WT to sit through and not give my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit