Feb. 15th WT - WT Society says DFed Ones are Lawless- Just Like Demons

by flipper 217 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

Djeggnog responding to:

@Pistoff:

The real issue is the ethics and morality of telling mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, grandfathers and grandmothers to push their flesh and blood out the door and never speak to them until they get the official stamp of approval from the men who threw them out.

"This idea of yours isn't the policy of Jehovah's Witnesses."

So I tell you, the WT, my local elders, my extended family:

I will associate with my disfellowshipped family when and as much as I want.

"No one has any right to tell you with whom to associate."

My response.

Villabolo

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    and the truth is a complete defense to defamation or slander lawsuit here in the US.

False. You don't have a clue about this, obviously. You shouldn't play lawyer, and if you are a lawyer, you need go get yourself a refund. If you're wrong about this, which you are, you're wrong about much more. Readers beware of this fellow.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• Mary
    Mary
    djeggnog said: There are always going to be court cases until the end of this wicked system of things arrives, but if you were a pedophile that preyed on pre-teens -- and I don't say you are, but I'm speaking hypothetically here -- and you were sued by someone that did not really know you, but believed that you were still one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and thought, "Oh, God! I could potentially obtain a six-figure settlement from the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society were I to say that I used to let my nine-year-old son spend an hour studying the Bible each week with this guy...

Are you actually trying to say that the cases that the WTS settled were all because of former Witnesses and that all the victims were liars?? If you are, then you're even more pathetic than what I originally thought. I guess you never read all the evidence that Barbara Anderson put together showing that the powers that be knew full well that active Witnesses were molesting children for years while they sat there and did nothing. Do you, or the pathetic cult you're defending use that same sort of logic when bashing the Catholic Church for the same thing?

"For instance, terrible damage is done when religious authorities tolerate abusive priests who persistently molest boys and girls. "Treating the children as occasions of sin," commented one reporter in Ireland, "the church authorities merely moved on the offending priest [to another location]."---July 15, 2001 Watchtower pp. 21-22 Are You Truly Tolerant?

"....the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops concluded recently that it was a "general conspiracy of silence" that allowed gross child abuse to persist among the Catholic clergy for decades. Time magazine, in reporting on the widespread plague of incest, also cited a "conspiracy of silence" as a factor that "only helps perpetuate the tragedy" in families."----October 8, 1993 Awake! pp. 5-6 How Can We Protect Our Children?

But of course, being a Company Man, you do exactly what you accuse others of and simply look the other way and try telling everyone else 'nothing to see here---move along to the Catholic Church.'

• Mary
    Mary
    WTF?! Mary, can you give us the background story to that Jimmy Swaggart appeal thing you posted?

Certainly. Remember in the late 1980s when we were told not to charge any money for the magazines anymore, but that we would accept a 'donation'? That's because a new tax was going to be implemented on religious books in the USA and the WTS---of course thinking that the laws for mere mortals don't apply to them, decided they didn't want to pay them. The government had originally gone after the Jimmy Swaggart Ministries and the Organization knew they'd be next, so they actually filed a 'friend of the court' in support of the Jimmy Swaggart Ministries, so that they wouldn't have to pay the Tax Man.

You can read all about here:

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/watchtower-money/watchtower-society-and-donations/comment-page-1/

• moshe
    moshe

Hmm, mr eggnog knows a lot about the law. Perhaps he is just a shill working for some WT legal entity. You can never trust a shill, no matter how big their smile is. Just ask smilin' Bob--

-

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Wow Mary, thanks. I knew about Swaggart and that was why they started the 'donation' arrangement but I had no idea they had filed an amicus curiae.

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

I agree with carla. I remember the stern talks about this from my childhood. It seems like they serve up the same meatloaf all the time. Once in a while they use ground turkey instead of ground beef (which subject they will harp on this time), or they'll change up the flavoring packet added (which fear tactic they want to use this time or the next), once in a while they'll add ketchup on top (new light), etc, etc. It just seems like they go through the same cycles to keep people in, school the newbies, and keep those thinking about leaving in line. Don't get me wrong though, it sickens me every time I hear it being re-hashed, and it means new people get hurt each time they dish out this BS. I agree with everyones comments btw. Great post Mr. Flipper!

• flipper
    flipper

DJEGGNOG- Thanks for the compliment ! You stated, " You're expert at alienating people from Jehovah and his organization . " I try my best. The fact that you make excuses for pedophiles and murderers says all we need to know about where YOUR value system is DJ. See how few words I wrote to convey that message ?

MICKEY MOUSE- Yeah, the Swaggart thing was a new one to me too. I had possibly heard of it- but never had seen the documentation. I'm glad Mary posted it.

VILLABOLO_ Exactly. It's like blow it out your a$$ DJ.

JONATHAN DOUGH- I think most readers on this board have DJ pretty well pegged.

MARY- You could show DJ all the evidence in Barbara's documentation and court records proving the JW child abuse cases - he still will be stubborn and bury his ostrich head in the sand - because he's too fearful to face it. He's the victim of the WT society's mind control tactics, yet trying to horn in and verbally assault ex-JW's.

BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS- Very true what you say. The WT society re-hashes this information like yesterdays old moldy potatoes that got left rotting in the cold oven. They just stir the info around in a pan and nuke it up in a microwave- then call it " new light ". It's the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen. And the pain that is inflicted on Witnesses trying to adapt and switch their lives around CONSTANTLY to conform to ever changing rules and regulations is enough to drive any NORMAL person insane

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

Just for the record, when I posted my previous comment, I thought this thread was only one page long!!! (For some reason it's not showing me the page navigation, and just how many pages there are until I refresh that page.) I have some reading to do, lol!!!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Commenting that someone is alienating people from Jehovah and his organization assumes a few things about me as I read it:

1. That I believe in Jehovah and Jehovah's godship

2. That I believe in Jehovah's organization has authority over me

3. That I should be afraid of lack of belief in either one

4. That I believe alienating anyone from them is something evil

5. That I care what the writer thinks I believe, or that I owe him any explanations of such

But, of course, there was always a lot of those kinds of assumptions going on last time I went to a meeting or read some WTS literature. I'd forgotten how group-speak it was, nice refresher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit